[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making Money via Vidya Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: darcy-npc.jpg (461KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
darcy-npc.jpg
461KB, 1280x800px
Is it still possible to make decent money off video games? Not esports, but selling game gold/currency, special items, or offering leveling up services, etc?

Or are those days long over?
>>
>>1686150
You're competing with Chinese and Pajeet companies that do this full time.
>>
File: 1478047415047.jpg (622KB, 2559x1439px) Image search: [Google]
1478047415047.jpg
622KB, 2559x1439px
>>1686150
if you're referring to WoW there is still money to be made, although you wanna probably run a bot or something since gold sells for ~$2.5 for every 10,000. best bet is to capitalise off items and various consumables that are released after a patch, get in quick otherwise the market crashes within a few days

i know people that were making 8-10k a month around the end of a pvp season from selling pilots and various carries (mind you, you'll only achieve this sort of income near the end of a season and will make drastically less outside of those times). also you have to be really good at the game, like glad / s1 exp across multiple classes, ect

or you could stream games on twitch all day, but you'll have to be a girl for that, and probably be semi attractive too
>>
>>1686150
Is it still possible? Yes
By yourself? No

You simply can't compete with the Chinese companies that have their employees working long hours on slave labor wages. Most of them have 24/7 live chat customer support and can deliver within 10-20 minutes from time of purchase. It would take way too much effort and getting too many people involved.
>>
Scamming knives from kids is surprisingly easy.
>>
did this while i studied from home, dont believe the shit about huang dong and/or pajeets manually grinding in hordes that shit is a thing of the past

in regards to money, you completely missed the train and blizz bans any1 that even makes mildly suspicious trades

knew an australian guy, who at his peak had a chaffeur and an office - spent all the money on coke tho
>>
I knew a guy that phished Minecraft accounts. He had thousands and just sold them $2 each. Even sold the same account to multiple people. Now I think he does bigger things like Kik/Snapchat blackmailing. He's a sheepshagger from Wales and I met him when he was 14-15 coding hacks. He was very popular on the Mpgay forums.
>>
sell ERP sessions

dont forget to equip digital kneepads on your character
>>
I owned a gold farming/powerleveling studio in Changsha after WoW came out and before Burning Crusade was released. My studio worked a lot with IGE before we were ripped off like everyone else was.

Your best bet is to try to code a bot that does menial shit for the buyer, and to be the first to do so for a new game and you have to get in and out quickly.

Doing anything with ingame currency is going to be short term. It won't last. By the time you optimize anything the devs will change shit up on you. You could try to middleman transactions but it probably won't last long.
>>
RMT is dead if you aren't a huge operation. In high school I made $4k a month running a 16 account operation from my bedroom, not possible anymore. blizz bans too fast, gold prices are too low. The profit margins are razor thin and you have to be on the ball with it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.