[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any money to be made from TV shows now days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: the hansen.jpg (96KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the hansen.jpg
96KB, 1800x1200px
Is there any money to be made from TV shows now days?
>>
>>1685395
Yes, just look at Simon Fuller, he didn't just create a TV show, he created a perfect supply chain optimized for profits.

The TV show doubles as his A&R unit, scoping out new talent, and instantly giving them feedback from audiences which ones are marketable or have potential, then once they select their cookie cutter future-popstars he uses the TV show to promote them heavily and build antiticpation for their eventual musical releases and tours.

He also can line up millions of dollars worth of strategic licensing partnerships for all sort of American Idol branded crap.

Yes, yes there is LOTS of money to be made from TV. Especially in developing format where you can just sell on a successful format to other territories, like Mark Burnett or Endemol do.
>>
Steven Bannon made a fortune investing on Seinfeld.

Now unless you plan to invest in a Netflix or HBO series I think it's a rather risky move. Try investing in some eceleb Youtube channel instead.
>>
Yes, TV shows are worth more than they used to be both for investors and actors.
>>
>>1686187
Interesting, loads of TV shows are just copies of one another, especially when it comes to reality TV.
>>1687292
Netflix and HBO are fucking giants, I don't think they'd let me on desu.
>>1687293
Ad revenue senpai
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 211x628px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 211x628px
>>1685395 recently the other day

I watched a pretty obscure new TV series the other day - 'Channel Zero' (an adaptation of the Candle Cove creepypasta) - and then was reading about it online. The viewing figures got me thinking.

Looking at them, it was getting like 500,000 viewers an episode

God knows how much the show cost to make, but it can't have been cheap. They have to pay actors, writers, editors, camera people, marketing.

All for half a million views? The sum total of my youtube views is more than that... but I haven't made a significant amount of money from them.

Some thoughts:
How much did the TV series cost to make?
How much does it cost advertisers to get their adverts shown during it?
How do the advertisers get a return on this investment if only 0.5 million people are seeing it?

It just doesn't seem to add up - especially not when you compare it to Youtube
>>
>>1687990
500k is not a lot when Netflix's Narcos get around 3 to 4 million per episode, and Keeping Up With The Sluts and Niggers (Kardashians) get around 1.5 - 2m viewers per episode, and they have a youtube channel and each individual "reality star" is now famous as fuck. (for all the wrong reasons though, they wont go down in history by any means)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.