[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interview help required / ranting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1464677167641.png (9KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
1464677167641.png
9KB, 362x358px
>failed 30 previous interview processes
>they're almost all competency question based
>first few were due to nervousness
>my previous interview performances have been ok and I have even improvised answers to bs questions ("Tell me about a time you negotiated with someone" when I'm just a former student with no responsibility in any of my jobs)
>will have an assessment centre with my county's civil service early next year

How do I absolutely make sure I pass this? In the UK they ONLY test for normalfaggotry.

I'm planning on straight up inventing examples to use for competency questions. Is this what everyone else does?

I remember going to a similar assessment centre last year and thinking that Donald Trump had inspired me to just be confident and prepare only a small amount and just BS. But what I didn't realise is that even Donald trump or elon musk or anyone who doesn't fall in to the glib, journalistic, posh accented, BBC presenter / guest mould would get rejected by these mega normies.
>>
>>1683440
just be yourself
>>
30?
fuck me
maybe you just stink
>>
>>1683440
Make a story up that paints you as a clever fuck without coming off like a prick. They'll never verify it.
>>
>>1683440
Good God man.

If you have so few previous experiences that you can't pull some examples out of your arse then perhaps you don't deserve the jobs you're going for, hmm?

However I expect you could quite easily think of some examples if you tried. A bit of embellishment may be required but outright fiction isn't advisable.

Even if you were only ever a student, there must have been times where you:
- worked independently
- worked in a team
- took direction
- held or shared a leadership role
- worked to a deadline
- asked for advice
- reflected on feedback or failure
- gave feedback to a colleague
- mediated a dispute
- had to compromise between two desired outcomes
- showed initiative
- took on additional workload to get a task finished
...right? Because I could give examples to all of the above just from my time as a student, and I wasn't even particularly active in extra curricular stuff.

If you've ever done voluntary or part time work, that gives you more to draw from.

If you're honestly getting that kind of interview response then either you're a very poor match for the required qualifications or else you just need to work a lot harder on how you present yourself. In either case you might want to go for a more entry level job for now, just to get your foot on the ladder and hopefully build some experience and confidence. Or hell, do voluntary work, that always looks good on a cv.
>>
File: 1453409966085.jpg (374KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
1453409966085.jpg
374KB, 1200x628px
>>1683440

>Tell me about a time you negotiated with someone

hey take acting classes and be more confident

conversely acting will make you learn how to carry yourself and be yourself meme

plus chicks
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.