[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling / designing clothes online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

First of all, I know how hostile and pessimistic things are on this site, so I'll excuse myself in advanced for making a thread that probably appears on a daily basis and also make it clear that I acknowledge how hard it is to break into any market at all in 2016. Now that this is out of the way:

- Does anyone here sell clothes online?
- Clothes of your own design or do you re-sell wholesale shit you bought from China?

I really like designing clothes. I've been doing it for a few years in Photoshop, but I rarely realise any of my designs. I've shown some ideas around and I got positive feedback, but I take this approval very lightly since it was mostly friends and acquaintances, and I'm sure everyone here knows how meaningless their feedback is, although it is a start, and some of my friends are honest enough with me to say something is bad when it really is.

I'm just looking for any advice whatsoever relating to this. Not "don't do it" or "it's impossible", but actual advice or stories so I can at least do the least damage possible when things go wrong.

I was thinking of starting with some of the easier/cheap designs to produce so I can buy some blanks from China and then print and/or modify them at home, and see if the prototypes would turn out good and then after look into selling them online. I'll emphasize that money isn't my main objective with this, I'm much more interested in selling things and knowing that someone is wearing something I designed. As long as I don't lose money or too much then I'll be more than happy, but of course making a profit so I can increase production and quality would be great.

Either that, or should I save my time and just re-sell China stuff?
>>
Honestly don't do it, it is way oversaturated.
>>
Bump again
>>
>>1682742
What kind of clothes are they? Who's your demographic? I'd say try to get black people to buy your clothes if you can. It sounds weird because they don't have money but black people actually spend a larger portion of their income on luxury goods than white people( and Asians I think) and it doesn't really have to be quality to attract them. You just need the right image. If your company is small, it'll be easier for you to copy designs of popular items, but remember, a lot of fashion companies make most of their money from accessories.
To be honest OP, the market is really tough and you will probably fail. However, this company may help get a job in a larger clothing company doing design or marketing, but you need to really make those connections.
>>
>>1682742
If your product is actually unique or different in some way you can break in but it will be slow going

Assuming your ideas are truly good you can actually build a decent company if you work at it
>>
>>1682742
I'm gonna help you out.

You don't need to make the clothes yourself. In fact, it's easier and cheaper to run a business if you don't. Look into a print on demand website such as Printful. You'll be able to upload your own designs, and then they'll make them for you and ship. Then you can set up a store on Shopify and display your designs.

When someone buys from your store, you simply place the order with Printful and they'll make the shirt using your design and ship it straight to the customer. And you can trust a website like Printful to make good quality items. If you wanna know more, just Google Shopify and Printful. The technical side of things is quite easy and a lot of it can be automated. The hard part is actually making good designs, and then being able to handle marketing well.
>>
Don't know if anyone will read these replies today but here it goes. If anyone else is reading this will give some more insight into my ideas.

>>1683490
I design a mix of streetwear with basics, something that could appeal to both teens and people in their 20s, and possibly 30s. Think Asos-tier stuff but less "safe". I look at 90s clothes and what Justin Bieber wears to draw inspiration, but without focusing exactly on anyone whilst still trying to appeal to most young people who are into fashion.

The 90s look already made a comeback around 2012-2015 but it still has a good amount of influence, and also a lot of things that JB started to wear usually catch on after a few months, even if at first people laugh at him (remember when he dyed his hair blonde despite how bad it looked? well go into your nearest city and witness how many young people have done the same now).

All that said, I'm still trying things out and until I've produced something in real life then it will be hard to say what I want to do.

>>1683523
It's impossible to make anything 100% unique, but I believe that if you take what's appealing right now and you "do it right" then you should be able to achieve some interest in your work.

>>1683973
I looked into this early on but both Shopify and Printful's prices are too high to make a profit. No one will pay 25€ for a basic graphic t-shirt on Gildan or Americal Apparel. It's about 25€ without adding my own profit yet. When/if I start out, I want the price as low as possible to incite people to buy, as long as I can make my investment money back.

I'm certain you can have some mild success selling funny or interesting graphic t-shirts using a system like that, but if you want to actually make a brand and hopefully gather a small following then it's not the best option.

A lot of things I want to do involve oversized garments and DIY modifications too.
>>
If you had a brand or some e-fame or something I could see it working. Other just selling cool tshirts? Yeah cool I might buy one but honestly the clothes market is saturated and without either a Brand/Celeb to push it, or a wide enough demographic, you'll struggle to make decent profit
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.