[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He doesn't hold bitcoin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1459773217071.jpg (7KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
1459773217071.jpg
7KB, 250x166px
>He doesn't hold bitcoin
>>
840 (eight hundred and fourty) dollars per coin.
>>
File: 1479640160617.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1479640160617.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>1682160
>bitcoin
>>
>>1682160
No one cares, you're still poor either way. :^P
>>
File: Feels Bad.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Bad.gif
1MB, 500x281px
I'd try and start but I honestly don't know where to begin. On one hand I've been familiar with the concept of bitcoin mining for years, but on the other I don't know how to set up a bitcoin wallet or a functional/efficient mining PC.
>>
>>1682204
buy some bitcoin through coinbase then look up how to setup a more secure wallet
>>
>>1682204
it's easy. Either set up an online account on an exchange like Coinbase, or you can use a local wallet client (recommended). Multibit HD, my preferred wallet client, allows you to buy bitcoins directly into your wallet through Glidera's exchange. Easy peasy (as long as you have a checking account to transfer the money from)
>>
>>1682215
how long does it take for the transactions to clear through Glidera?
>>
>>1682217
3-4 business days for bank transfers. Their fees are a little higher than Coinbase but the BTC goes directly into your local wallet.
>>
>>1682204
Bitcoin mining is highly competitive, you can't just use a regular CPU/GPU anymore. You'd need specialized hardware (ASIC chips) and a cheap source of electricity if you wanted to have at mining. The days of printing money in your sleep is over, mining today is a waste of time for 99% of people.

The fastest way to purchase bitcoin is through Localbitcoins. Localbitcoins is essentially Craigslist for bitcoin. If you live in an urban area you can exchange physical cash for bitcoin same day. No dox required whatsoever. However, you will be looking at 5-10% markup. If you're sketched out meeting people irl you can do remote trades with a bank wire, pp, western union, etc. Localbitcoins is the best option for speed and privacy. A more traditional method would be through Coinbase or Circle but both will require heavy dox and there will be an approval process. If you do go this route ensure you transfer your bitcoin to a wallet YOU control. Don't be the victim of another MtGoX/Bitfinex.

"Setting up a wallet" is literally downloading a piece of software, that's a horrible excuse. I would recommend Electrum for desktop or Mycelium if you're using mobile. Both these wallets will provide a "seed phrase" on wallet creation. Save a paper backup of this and you will be able to restore all bitcoins in the event of a hardware failure. It's that easy.
>>
>>1682227
Circle doesn't let you buy bitcoins anymore. They're trying to become a "social payment platform". They're going to run some kind of sidechain called Spark and will allow people to exchange fiats like PayPal. I don't really get the details, and I'm not sure what the use case is for using this instead of PayPal tbqh.

But I definitely agree with storing on a local wallet instead of online wallets. Combined with full disk encryption and securely stored seed, and you're fully protected even in the event of PC theft.
>>
>>1682160
>bought w/ circle
>made simple fx account
>bought 1:10 usd/bitcoin
>over 100% gainz
>feelsgoodman
>>
File: 1386907782998.png (605KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1386907782998.png
605KB, 1280x720px
850 (eight hundred and fifty)
>>
>>1682218
Little known fact: If you have a multisig vault (meaning Coinbase can't move your coins without your password) you can order the coins directly to it. That way, Coinbase couldn't take your coins back even if they wanted to.
>>
>>1682175

> 850
>>
>>1682567
>multisig vault

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1682567
or I could not complicate things and just send the coins directly to my local wallet
>>
File: 1466743730465.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466743730465.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>1682581
860 (eight hundred and sixty)
>>
>>1682587
it's a stupid name for a 2/3 multisig wallet where you control 2 of the keys.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.