[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't all economists rich?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: e3b[1].jpg (31KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
e3b[1].jpg
31KB, 645x773px
Why aren't all economists rich?
>>
Because the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
>>
Depends on what they did with their education. To be an "economist" nowadays you only require an undergrad, however, those that study further into a Masters, and more appropriately a PhD will reap the rewards.

After this, private companies will poach you if you've made any sort of effort to network.
>>
Most economists are marxists and believe in debt based spending.

You cant get rich giving all your money away to gib dats tax and then go into debt for consumerist waste
>>
Why aren't all art historians famous and rich?

Just because you know how to describe and analyse something doesn't mean you will be successful at it yourself.
>>
>>1681407

Criminally underrated post.

Econ is a soft pseudoscience, without that much practical implications.

Rarely does someone guy, "quick! Get an economist! Let's see what he thinks about this!"

Finance and just general business are both more practical.
>>
File: 1450832352285.jpg (9KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1450832352285.jpg
9KB, 224x225px
>>1681649
>Econ is a soft pseudoscience, without that much practical implications.
>Rarely does someone guy, "quick! Get an economist! Let's see what he thinks about this!"
>>
>>1681433
This, there's no secret information in economics that will enable you to easily be wealthy just like if you study art it won't unlock some power in you to make great art
>>
It's polluted with ideology and philosophy.
>>
File: spongebob.jpg (36KB, 480x741px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.jpg
36KB, 480x741px
>>1681377
During the market crisis in 2008 my highschool economics teacher had ~50 short positions. He was crazy as fuck, and even the other teachers would joke about him. When the market started crashing, I remember going to his class that day and he wasn't there. Never saw him again.
>>
>>1681377
because supply and demand
>>
File: NNT.jpg (10KB, 180x176px) Image search: [Google]
NNT.jpg
10KB, 180x176px
>>1681377
Intellectual Yet Idiot

>Spend many years learning about money and predicting the future.

Cannot make money nor predict the future.
>>
>>1681377
Why do I have a degree in anthropology while still being a kissless virgin
>>
>>1682304
should've went for women's studies
>>
>>1682304
because you're bad at anthropology?

I guess there can be good and bad economists, the ones who would make money are good.

>>1681433
>Why aren't all art historians famous and rich?
Because it's not a valuable field. Also you have to specialize, you could be an expert in say, mass produced Victorian era china but you wouldn't earn as much money as if you were an expert in Baroque or Late Renaissance painting where you could identify real Old Masters from their apprentices or forgeries/reproductions. Where your assent could make a canvass worth millions.

I dunno, I'm still not sure what exactly an "economist" does, as far as I understand in a professional sense they make macroeconomic predictions: ranges they expect equity markets, commodities, bond markets etc. to go.
Am I warm?
>>
Should I study finance or economics? Currently going into college studying software development for advanced types of hardware, and taking music lessons on the side (it's my hobby).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.