[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best places to put a gumball machine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1478213084667.jpg (23KB, 349x344px) Image search: [Google]
1478213084667.jpg
23KB, 349x344px
What are the best places to put a gumball machine?
>>
Hi traffic areas. But who the fuck carries notes any more let alone coins
>>
>>1681053
I'm working on a modification for it that lets you pay with paypal and bitcoin. But I still need a place to put the damn thing.

Just because an area is high traffic doesn't mean it's a good place for a gumball machine. Near a restaurant is a bad area. But a fast food place is pretty good. I was really looking for a much more specific answer from someone with a little experience in the matter.
>>
>>1681059
Well, I'm a self employed gumball machine owner-proprietor with 40 years in the business. To be honest the scene isnt what it once is but there's one weird place where you can consistently make a 600-700% markup after rent and operating costs. It's an insider secret but what the hell, us gumball vendors should stick together, and I'm thinking of packing the whole soul destroying racket in anyway. It's a young man's game, so good luck to you.

Ok, so the most lucrative point of sale position. It's a location with high footfall and somewhere people will want gum after visiting. Fast food joint? Public bathroom? Think again. The location is:

Your mother's pussy. You're welcome. Happy Christmas, asshole.
>>
>>1681040
I have a contract with my school district to put them in all the elementary school gyms and cafeterias
>>
>>1681040

gentrified hipster communities? near their little botiques and such? With your modifications it may be a hit. Make the units all cute and artsy if you can afford. Or go vintage (w/dig payment mod). Like those counter top chewing gum packet (or other useful item) dispensers.
>>
>>1681040
Not OP, but I have one sitting in my garage I bought for $30.

Given my autism, I don't want to talk to anyone or enter into a contract. I want to just place it somewhere and collect the money.

Where should I put it? I understand the possibility it will be stolen.
>>
>>1681040
Drug dealers like to hang out by payphones and the shitty water vending machine. Is there candy for coke and meth heads? They would buy that shit and might have btc but probably not
>>
File: large_96625.jpg (73KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
large_96625.jpg
73KB, 600x600px
I don't know if my input would be considered valuable at this point or not, but I helped run a small machine venture about 10 years ago so the information is a little outdated.

The best places I found were where people were paying for something and receiving change, and places where people would have to wait for periods of time. Some of the best locations were waiting rooms at tire shops/garages, laundry mats, pizza places, and Dr. Offices.

If it's an independently owned establishment then there's a better chance the owner will let you put a machine in. If you can find a local chain type of business (2-3 locations) you can usually make a deal for a smaller percentage of profits than if you were placing one machine. I've also been told no, I couldn't place a machine to being told yes when I let the owner of the business decide what went in the machine. They seemed to like that, and plus you knew they would regularly buy it so everybody won.

Avoid non-staffed locations. We put a machine in a non-staffed laundry mat/car wash in a bad part of town, and someone just walked in one day and took it with them...it was one of those 5 ft tall gumball machines where the gumball would spiral down the chute to the bottom of the machine. It was full so someone had to just walk in with a hand truck and walk out with the machine. lol.
>>
Outside toy stores
>>
The real money is in vending locating services!
>>
I own a vending machine in a tire shop. Great location. There are some gumball/ candy machines here too that I want to buy but can't ever catch the woman who owns them
>>
File: aeNAXrm_460sa.gif (2MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
aeNAXrm_460sa.gif
2MB, 286x258px
>>1681081
>>
>>1681040

Up your ass.

Lube it up first.
>>
>>1681040
The 90's
>>
>>1681447
Thanks man, I appreciate the advice.
>>
>>1681467
I'm working on that too but first I need to have multiple machines that I can reasonably keep track of. Step by step m8.
>>
File: download.png (277KB, 599x416px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
277KB, 599x416px
>>1681081
phuck you mayne, i thought i was getting rich for a seccond
>>
File: john.jpg (10KB, 200x262px) Image search: [Google]
john.jpg
10KB, 200x262px
>>1681795
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.