[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one become a restruant manager and climb the ladder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1478057163957.jpg (97KB, 798x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478057163957.jpg
97KB, 798x1200px
How does one become a restruant manager and climb the ladder?
>>
>>1680051
Become Italian.

Then become an alcoholic when you realize that all you can cook is pizza and pasta.
>>
>>1680051

It's a sucky job mate.

> $30k - $40k a year
> 50 - 60 hrs a week
> Just put up with bullshit, whiny staff, and whiny customers the entire time

You got better options my friend.

But if you wanna do it, you wait, then workup to bartend, then manage. Show up, work hard, keep opinions to yourself, dont fuck coworkers, let Owner know of your ambitions.
>>
>>1680051
From the bottom:
Literally eat shit (i.e. work like a dog, when asked to do shit say yes, be there when they need you), act like a manager as a grunt (i.e. be the leader to the other faggots in the place, step on their necks by being better than them), make sure the people over you know that you want to be a manager (i.e. at least once a month have a chat with a manager, HR, or owner about openings for managerial roles).
>>
>>1680051
Dem thighs hnnnnngg
>>
>>1680051
I've been promoted to Ass. Manager 16 times and G.M. 3 times.

Here's the straight truth:
Show up on time.
Don't be stoned or drunk.
Don't fuck in the walk-ins.
Take any shift they offer.
Don't call in sick.
Don't steal cash or food or anything else.
Help other crews and people out every time you get the chance.

It also helps if you can do every job in the store, this means waiting tables without looking or smelling like an autistic fuckwad. It also means cooking at least as well as your best line cook. You should probably be able to prep and buss tables too. Wash dishes, seat guests, run a register.

If you're not a complete idiot you should get promoted to management in less than a year. Kitchen manager, assistant manager, front manager, whatever.

getting to general manager depends on turnover. Some places it will take decades, others you might make it in under a year. Again, assuming you're not an idiot.
>>
>>1680154
what are better options that dont need college degree
>>
>>1680051
>terrible shop
why.
>>
>>1680318

Uh fucking everything

trades
web developer
military
housecleaning

etc...
>>
>>1680051

Honestly, it's not worth it. I used to be a manager of a McDonalds, Never again.

>Deal with shitty attitude teenagers all day
>Deal with employees showing up late, drunk, high.
>Customers are a pain in the ass.
>Overworked and underpaid.

Reconsider your options.

It had taken me 2 years to become a manager. I started working at McDonalds when I was 17 through high school. If you want to become manager, just show up to shifts on time, always be well presented, always work hard putting 100% effort, be the best team member. It's not hard, anyone can do it.
>>
>>1680185
>ass manager
That job must stink
>>
>>1680168
Thighlor Swift
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.