[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/'s thoughts on the CFA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: the-wolf-of-wall-street-foto-33.jpg (67KB, 718x478px) Image search: [Google]
the-wolf-of-wall-street-foto-33.jpg
67KB, 718x478px
I'm thinking of signing up for L2. Will it help me in my goal of getting into CF at a big 4 doing financial modelling/valuations/due dilligence etc?

Value of CFA in general for high paying jobs?

Who here /charterholder/?
>>
File: xp.jpg (666KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xp.jpg
666KB, 1920x1080px
>>1679391
Also curious. Just signed up for the CFA in June and started studying yesterday.
>>
>>1679391
Not /CFA/ but it may help you get your foot in the door if you don't have it there already.
>>
Charterholder here. As usual, the answer is "maybe". It all depends on what sort of career path you're looking at, and how much effort you're willing to put in. CFA exams are a huge amount of work, and if you fail, you have to wait an entire year before trying again.

At my current job the charter doesn't matter, but it's always nice to have on your CV, and gives me more leverage if I look for other jobs.

Oh, you probably know this, but L1 is by far the easiest. If you are going for L2, it's a whole different world.
>>
>CFA thread
>it dies

Every time.
>>
>>1679391
So you did level 1 and now you're not sure of doing level 2? Might as well, you already started.
>>
>>1679847
Also a charterholder and I agree with this.

I work for a small firm in M&A advisory and everyone here has their CFA, so I pretty much had to do it. I haven't really actively looked for a job since I've had the charter, but you can build a good network just going to CFA social events if your local society is active. Everyone who has the charter knows what a pain in the ass it was to get it, so you get a lot of respect from other charterholders if you do earn it.

It was really the hardest thing I've ever done though. I had to take L2 twice, which was soul crushing. Basically spending most of my free time from February-May for fours years was a hell of a commitment. I'm glad I got it done, but make sure you're really committed before launching into L2. It is quite a bit tougher than L1. L3 didn't seem as bad as L2 to me, but it is still a beast of an exam and the passing rate is still not much over 50% for L3. Obviously it isn't impossible, as there are thousands of new charterholders every year, but it really is a major commitment. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>1681522
What degree path is optimal for this, and what sort of career path following a typical 4 year college leads to this?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.