[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How To Find Capital or Investors For Profitable Music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3451.jpg (157KB, 619x603px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3451.jpg
157KB, 619x603px
My friend and I are musicians, I'm a graphic designer and producer and he's a singer-songwriter. We make decent money now due to digital sales and streaming revenue, maybe about $800 a month solely off of that. I work full time and after paying my monthly bills I don't have much to invest into music promotion. My question is what is the best way to find initial capital to fully launch a full time career? I don't mean being a super star and topping the iTunes charts, but being able to pay for enough promo to make a full time living? It's very possible we just need a couple thousand to really have the fan base shoot up.

Where can I look for the right investors? It's R&B music and it sells great, as soon as they hear it they are going to love it.

I also would appreciate suggestions on how to get a couple thousands quickly other than taking out a couple of credit cards and maxing them out, which seems like the only option right now.

And no this isn't just some kids recording in a house trying to "make it", we are established artists that can sell out shoes in our hometown but not many fans out of state. We have over 300,000 streams on Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play etc. so this is a serious inquiry on how one would find the capital to increase it? And money invested in us would surely be doubled or more.
>>
>>1679296
Two things:
>Dumb private investors, I'm thinking rich autismos. Sell them on the idea not of your music as a financial success, although do that too, but imply that they'll be "popular" and get lots of pussy by being associated with you.

>Find a talent agency to take you on: if you can sell out in one state, why not another? Let someone else find you gigs. Don't worry about investment. Worry about increasing what you get paid for music.
>>
>>1679296
>as soon as they hear it they are going to love it.
>money invested in us would surely be doubled or more.

abrupt answer: no ones giving you money unless you're sucking dick

more relevant answer: no ones going to gamble on you, they need to see some past results. 300k streams is meaningless. either stump the money yourself or try to find a manager or an A&R man. if you were decent, playing gigs and in a decent city, you'd have been scouted by now.

if i was being over harsh, i'd say you don't have the creativity to think up how to make a boss promo on the cheap. and $800 pm is not selling great. you're whole post if full of bs. you can hear the empty promises clearer than your bottom end

post a track in this thread or on /mu/ for real feedback.
>>
>>1679298
Tru, I guess my next question would be where would be the best place to find a rich autist in his natural habitat? And don't talent agencies charge for their services?

>>1679425
I mean, the 300k streams have been achieved in only 3 months, and over 1k digital sales, which is good considering nobody buys songs as much anymore. And our city does not have a good music scene by any means, but we do sell out shows opening for other big acts every 3 months or so. I don't want feedback here, just suggestions on how to get feedback or maybe a business loan of some type. We're 20 & 21 with no credit history.
>>
>>1679296

signed musician here:

the big question-- can your friend tour? If you want him to get some real capital you should probably set yourself up a press kit and a numbers book. You should show your merch sales, music sales and your usual crowd sizes and the numbers on how much merch you sell per show.
>>
>>1679522
Yeah we're available to tour but we haven't yet. We've done a couple of shows in Southern California but never a tour. We were starting to plan a west coast tour of sorts. So like an EPK and a numbers book huh? I'll have to put the numbers into a book because we do sell merch pretty well now.

Would hiring a talent agent be worth it? Or would maybe hiring a booking agency be better?
>>
>>1679522

Yeah I was gonna say this. I worked in film, not music, but there are similar principles.

If your music is legitmately good, then your band needs to tour the country and try really really hard to get big venues, and get booked under a more well known band as one of their openers.

Also have you guys tried commercial music, that stuff people can sample and put into ads and TV shows. I know there can be good money in that. It's great for people that are good musicians but not spectacular enough to be a nationally popular band.

Good luck.

Got a sample of your music? I'm happy to critique
>>
>>1680106

IMO agents don't do much except for take 15% of everything if you ever do become a big deal.

I wouldn't seek one out.

But if one comes to you and guarantees you some stuff, like signings, records, concerts, than you could give them a shot.
>>
>>1679296
heres a good strategy
>call radio stations and request your own music (pretend to be someone else)
>do this over and over, even give them youtube links
>get your best songs on the radio
profit, unless your music sucks, then no profit.
>>
>>1680121
I just had some meetings with the local radio stations here and it seems like they really wanna put the music on air, but it'all gradually happen they said. I gave some music to the one of the main DJ's assistant so we'll have to wait until she passes it along. https://soundcloud.com/david-lara-90/understand-now

Yeah I don't think an agent or a label is a good situation for us considering the future of the industry and where it's heading towards independent artists. I would really really like to stay independent and keep all the moneys.
>>
>>1679506
>Tru, I guess my next question would be where would be the best place to find a rich autist in his natural habitat?
Not sure, movie screeings, pop culture shops? PUA facebook groups? Should be easy enough to find one.

As for the talent agency: yes and no. They take 10% of your earnings, so if they get you double or more work then it amply covers their fee.
No reputable talent agency charges you upfront! Just like modelling agencies: if they ask for money, it's a scam.

>>1680116
>Also have you guys tried commercial music, that stuff people can sample and put into ads and TV shows
There's huge money in those gigs if you can get it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.