[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you know the business is fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: reallywiththisshit.jpg (105KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
reallywiththisshit.jpg
105KB, 980x551px
>Management is trying to massage their quarterly numbers to make productivity look higher
>Nobody else at my office even gives a fuck about the work at this point
>My productivity is double the standard and I'm less than two months on the job
>There is literally no point to this, management can't or won't offer me additional compensation due to corporate policy
>When I inevitably leave January or early February the average numbers in my section will drop
>Management and corporate are blissfully unaware or uncaring that their attempts to squeeze blood from a stone are undermining their productivity

Is it this way where you're at?
>>
>>1677173

I hope not, I'm running this show.

But I did have a job where it was similar.

advice: in that situation, don't break your back, just fit in until you leave. you'll just get even more frustrated and won't do you any good.
>>
>>1677173
You work at Enron?
>>
Yea, my last job was like that. Their organic sales kept going down, and they also had a lead generation department that worked on commissions. So instead of spending more money marketing, or developing a new strategy they kept cutting the comissions in the lead generation part, and "accidentally" letting comissions fall through the cracks. Ended up having like 3/4 of that department leave. They really were fucking retards over there.
>>
>>1677173
>[Ads] Huge black Friday sale at daily list, Oniichan!
>[Post a Reply]
>10/04/16 New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
>06/20/16 New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
>05/08/16 Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!
>[Hide] [Show All]
Yes, many of the groups I work with in my organization are of that work ethic/competency, however I got lucky and was placed in a group that has a solid group of people and an excellent leader so I have no complaints. I work hard and everyone like sme.
>>
>>1677181

I figured as much. It's just hard not to get wrankled when you see shit like this.

>>1677230

No, I'm at a major government contractor which shall not be named for security contract reasons.

>>1677246

Whew. Sounds like they were flirting with major lawsuits.

>>1677254

Pockets of competence in a landscape of dysfunctionality seems to be the norm.
>>
I hate managers. I wish I was free to operate outside their influence at my job.
>>
>>1677269

if you don't have the balls to tell them you never will.
>>
>>1677278
They are micromanager control freaks. My complaint would result in them trying to axe me over some small bullshit manufactured by them(they've done this in the past to old coworkers). I would have to go above their heads in order to ask and if that failed and they found out, again I'm axed.
>>
I worked at a job where my department, which had a more or less independent purpose from the rest of the firm, was intensely judged by how profitable we are each month. We worked on a commission basis generating claims for clients, getting 10-20% of each claim.

We were almost never profitable. The chief reason was that half of our clients were shady fucks based in the third world who would never provide the documentation we needed and the value of their claims was so low that the manhours spent on compiling the claim cost the company far more than they ended up receiving back. Reconciling client-specific time-tracking information we had with the associated claims that were compiled at that time, I created a list of the clients we were losing money on and gave it to my manager, who had been ordered to find a path to profitability for the department or risk being fired. He presented it to the executives and suggested cutting these clients, as it would not only get rid of money-losing propositions, but also enable the department to be halved in size.

He was told that all of those clients were important to other areas of the firm and that it was important to continue to offer our department's capabilities as a value-added service. Then he was fired for running a department that was hemorrhaging money.

I worked there for two more years and got promoted a bunch by just ignoring all of my money-losing clients and focusing on the big value ones, making me the most important employee in the department. Eventually I got to a point where claims for the low value accounts had to be done, or else they would lose their ability to file them in the future, but it would take so long to compile them (thousands of man-hours) given that nothing had been done for two years that it just wouldn't be possible. I solved this problem by moving to a different company before the impending disaster could be discovered.
>>
>start job
>within 2 months im as productive as everyone else/ hitting targets
>in 6 months ive automated and figure out ways to do 1.5 target with actually doing half a day of work
>mfw great time spend 4 hours fucking around and looking at the stock market
>two new cunts start up
>real fucking bootlickers, get in early and they end up doing x2 target
>mfw i have actually work now
>>
>>1677365
>I solved this problem by moving to a different company before the impending disaster could be discovered.
kek'd
>>
>>1677383
I don't know how they handled it after I left, but I almost certainly fucked them.

Any serious attempt to get those claims out before they lapsed would have required not only more staff, but for existing staff to ignore their money-generating accounts. The department would have to forego not just profit but any REVENUE at all for almost an entire year. And if they ultimately failed to get it done in time, the regulatory authorities consider that to be a sign of non-compliance and use it as justification to audit the rest of a client's associated operations (the ones that were supposedly so important to the rest of the company).

The only winning move would be to roll-up their claim programs, which avoids the regulatory scrutiny, but even that takes a month or two and I'm not sure the executives would have been smart enough to make that call.

So I must have cost them millions of dollars. But I never heard about it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.