[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a full stack web developer, I am looking to start a web

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (12KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
12KB, 290x174px
I am a full stack web developer, I am looking to start a web design company. I have found a web designer to partner up with on a 50/50 basis. If anyone has any experience and tips they can give me that would be awesome.

I was basically going to put a bit into adsense + facebook ads, start cold calling buisiness from yellow pages and try and pitch them.

I have a few questions.
>What should I start charging?
>Should I charge a flat-rate (obviously not for back-end heavy websites)
>Any other methods to gaining customers aside from what I thought of
>How do I pitch leads to sales to business's without a guarantee (probably none)? Should I not do that?
>How do I handle payments? Take 1/3 upfront and do milestones, or just take half/all upfront?
>>
>nothing since web design is a fiverr tier job now thanks to wordpress plugin fags
>no, see above
>No, most people needing a site go for turbo shit tier 1&1 and wix and other copies and pay out the ass for nothing. most people think facebook pages are websites now and it will take you 6-8 years to explain otherwise to them and the answer will still be no
>all of the businesses that don't have websites don't really need them because they would have gotten one already
>nobody is going to pay you for this, try 2007
>>
>>1676023
But your wrong, any person who operates on quality wouldn't pay some autist on fiverr $5 to set up wordpress for them. Those kind of people aren't even my target audience.
>>
>>1676010
Go advertise to college entrepreneurial students who are making startups. They are anxious to succeed and don't mind spending to get there.
>>
>>1676057
PROTIP: try to find that 1 ambitious guy with a billion ideas and a crapton of connections + interested investors. If you do well for him, he will want you for ALL his stuff. Also, be his friend :)
>>
>>1676062
most likely a good start right here
>>
>>1676062
>>1676076
Easier said than done. Hopefully that guy finds me.
>>
>>1676090
Yeah, i lucked out and found him right after graduation, but seek and you shall find.
>>
>>1676010
>giving 50% to a designer
lmao
>>
>>1676099
Whats wrong with that? We charge 1500/per static site and upwards of 3000 for backend. I have no problem with these numbers
>>
>>1676099
I can design but I would be ripping off the client because it would be subpar to be honest
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.