[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Profiting Off Memes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

This may sound ridiculous, but I swear I'm not baiting. What's the best way to commercialize a meme that you created? I have this really cool meme (I'm not gonna post it, I want to sell it) that I'd like to post somewhere. Would there be a good way to profit off of it? Without going into detail, the meme is a visual political joke (Like pic related, except the test is only four words). So far, I've come up with a few ways to sell this, each with their pros and cons:

1) Sell t-shirts with the joke in the front.
Pros:
>Relatively cheap to print
>Very clear pricing

Cons:
>The marketing would be a pain in the ass
>I'd probably have to have a website, and I would probably only sell this one thing

2. Posting this image on a tumblr/political account
Pros:
>Easy to do
>Would probably get some view

Cons:
>Difficult to copyright
>Others might steal the image/the idea of it
>No immediate profit from views

So, /biz/, if you had to sell a meme, how would you do it?
>>
Come on /biz/, give me your craziest ideas to sell OC memes.
>>
The whole point of places like 4chan and ms paint memes is noncommericalization. Also memes are not supposed to be seen outside the internet.

So only a disgusting loser out of touch with reality and all concepts of socialization would wear a tshirt with a meme frog on it, so your business would amount to zero because people like that have no need for clothes or possibility to be seen by other people.
>>
File: Adam-Sandler-Meme-T-shirt.jpg (79KB, 582x960px) Image search: [Google]
Adam-Sandler-Meme-T-shirt.jpg
79KB, 582x960px
>>1675654
Even if they're losers, some people DO wear meme t-shirts in public.
>>
File: Colage.jpg (54KB, 500x221px) Image search: [Google]
Colage.jpg
54KB, 500x221px
>>1675654
More examples. I know these are stupid, but my point is that they ARE worn and sold.
>>
>>1675663
>>1675656
Have you've seen anyone wear a shirt like that in public? There is a reason only mannequins on the internet wear them.

No money to be had there.
>>
>>1675672
I actually have, but regardless, this joke is a bit too subtle for a t-shirt. Can you think of ANYWAY of commercializing it? I feel like it's worth something.
>>
>>1675676
For fucks sake, the reason why these cringy shirts are selling is because those memes are popular among teenagers, your shitty internet won't make you any money.
>>
>>1675684
This meme is sort of a cross with a meme and a very brief political cartoon. I think the joke is too clever to just post for free though. I've also spent a lot of time reading articles/comments about this particular issue, and I have never seen anyone come close to coming up with this joke. I hate to be a Jew, but it needs to be commercialized.
>>
>>1675623
>Without going into detail, the meme is a visual political joke (Like pic related, except the test is only four words).
Do you have copyright over all elements, for example in your OP pic the dude in the mugshot would have a bigger claim because it's his likeness in the photo. I assume in the US police department photos are public domain, but you'd still need to pay off the crim.

>>Others might steal the image/the idea of it
that's why you be the first, and buy a lot of good ad space and do good SEO so even if someone does steal the idea they need to do a lot of legwork to beat you.

>>1675672
>Have you've seen anyone wear a shirt like that in public?
Yes. You'll be surprised how many normies wear them.

>>1675689
>I think the joke is too clever to just post for free though.
I see you're mentioning one particular joke... you'll never make money. Branding. Brand Identity man, that's where the money is for this kind of product. Sell many.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.