[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shopify Dropshipping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 19

File: drposhippin.png (33KB, 976x258px) Image search: [Google]
drposhippin.png
33KB, 976x258px
Hey /biz/,

20 year old with my own dropshipping/e-commerce business here.
We made $490 today and have been making on average $350 a day for the past month.
We sell men's clothing and accessories if anyone wonders.
Why haven't you started a dropshipping company? It's piss easy and easy bux.
Happy to answer any questions
>>
you already made this thread, go fuck yourself
>>
>>1675117

Do you already have your online store? How much are yo making?
>>
>>1675125
Damn dude, you just make this post to gloat?
>>
OP how do I get started?
>>
>>1675129
Find items you like on AliExpress. Open a Shopify account, sell those items for more. Get social media, advertise etc.
>>
>>1675132
So basically you make money off of arbitrage by taking advantage of dumb people not finding a lower price?
>>
>>1675136
>>1675136

Isn't that a fair way to make business? What do you think traditionnal business do?
>>
>>1675139
I love arbitrage :)
>>
anyone have a link to the original thread?
>>
How about you post what you actually made today.

You made 490 last time.
>>
how do you handle item quality and what happens if people want to return the item?
>>
>>1675164
http://archive.is/UovEZ
>>
>>1675071
Asked this last time but it didn't get answered.

I'm wondering if the "discounts" on items on ali are temporary or always on-going. Then I'm wondering if you factor that discounted price or the actual price.
>>
>>1675071
>We made $490 today
>today
No you didn't. You posted this same thing last week. Tell us how much you really made today.
>>
>>1675191

>>
why using shopify instead of ebay or amazon
>>
>>1675132
>>1675071

Because fulfilling orders via Aliexpress means it takes 30 days for the order to arrive - that's if the supplier sends it in the first place.

I was making good money with my dropshipping biz too - until I had to start paying out for returns. Annoying really, if I had the capital to actually buy and hold the stock myself the business would have been successful.
>>
>>1675071
Is doing this kind of thing restrictive in regard to my own location? Is there any limitations or benefits for serving stuff worldwide vs one's own locality.
>>
>>1675125
Yes.
I'm at $150/day in profit atm but I agree with the other anon.
Go fuck yourself. No one cares that you feel like gloating.

>>1675195
Sales are temporary but if you contact suppliers directly they may work with you.

>>1675190
>how do you handle item quality
Buy one yourself to see if its decent.

>what happens if people want to return the item?
for items that have notable cost:
-contact supplier for return address
-tell customer return address

for items that don't have notable cost:
-offer refund and allow customer to keep item
-if refused, contact supplier for return address
-tell customer return address

>>1675358
Shopify sucks imo, I use Woo-commerce to establish my minimum viable product.
eBay sucks in every way.
Amazon is more for people doing private labeling.

>>1675370
>Is there any limitations
If your item is able to get through customs then not really.
>>
>>1675071
show us your website. DO IT FUCKING NOW !!!
>>
>>1675071

ok so you buy product from aliexpress and resell it right. But once you get the product do you rebrand it as well? What are you doing to add brand value to the original product?
>>
>>1675517
Read the archive, it was bombo something .co.nz
>>
>>1675545

also, if there are any lawfags out there: what are the legal issues that revolve around adding personal labelling to products from wholesale items like aliexpress?
>>
>>1675545
>What are you doing to add brand value to the original product?
Nothing. Most suppliers that I've spoken to will refuse to do private labeling on individual orders.
You would have to buy in bulk and ship the product yourself for that to work.
That's why people use FBA for private labeled products.

>>1675548
Be aware of trademarks, copyrights, and patents related to the product you choose.
If you clear those three then you're good to go.
But lets be real, the internet is still like the wild west and a lot of laws related to this are hard to enforce.
If you are going to counterfeit items then just don't stay in the same items for too long.
>>
>>1675595
>FBA
what is FBA?
>>
>>1675679
Fulfilled By Amazon, amazon ships your shit for a %. But there are fees and stuff for them warehousing your items.

FBA is nice because most people on amazon like to get prime shipping, etc.
>>
For a person who knows little about this nor knows how to create a website, where do I start?
>>
>>1675741
google
>>
>>1675741
I suggest getting familiar with wordpress and the available e-commerce plugins.

Once you get a domain and hosting setup with your site, get familiar with WP security plugins as it is important to keep your site safe from XSS attacks
>>
>>1675136
Hurr not sure if serious that's whats commerce is all about retard.
>>
Whats the best way to market your products? Still no sales fml :(
>>
>>1676186
what's your store?
>>
>>1676207

http://pantycentral.org
>>
>>1675595
whats your shop
link?
>>
File: 1475428391221.png (59KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
1475428391221.png
59KB, 624x434px
>>1675071
Literally the only non cancer thread on this board. You are doing goods work anon and you have inspired me to start a dropshiping buisness in a few months when I am less busy. Thank you for your inspiration and input. Dont listen to the othet faggots. Your last thread was the best thread all year.
>>
>>1676532
This, we need more e-commerce/internet marketing threads and tricks on here. This post pushed me finally to jump into the drop shipping business.

Did you know removing tattoos is a very profitable niche market?
>>
Is there a discord for drop shipping?
>>
So does Oberlo alone make Shopify a better option than Woocommerce?
>>
>>1676532
What is it about the pepe you posted that makes me so happy/comfy
>>
Does shopify take care of marketing too ? Got no experience in online e commerce how does one promote his products like on Facebook or Google search results. I think shopify should be able to take care of this right ?
>>
>>1676626
>does shopify do literally everything for me so i print money
no
>>
>>1676644
How does one get his products all over the web then ? Thought Shopify would take care of SEO eh
>>
>>1676186
If you asked 100 people this you would get 100 different answers.
There is no exact science to it.
I personally run paid ads via social media.

>>1676523
I'm not a retard like OP, so no.

>>1676605
No

>>1676626
No

>>1676646
>How does one get his products all over the web then ? Thought Shopify would take care of SEO
By doing your own SEO, running paid ads, dropping back links, building domain authority, etc.
>>
>>1676626
That's why FBA will always rule. Biggest online shop with tons of organic sales. Plus they do everything else for you too for a small cut.
>>
>>1676509
>http://pantycentral.org
Send me a 25% discount code and I'm your first client. I have 30 burger's dollars to spend.
>>
>>1675071
Hey I'm a 18 year old running a drop shipping ecommerce store also. How do you get your traffic? Can you contact me so we can stay in touch?
>>
File: picrelaated.png (509KB, 1241x768px) Image search: [Google]
picrelaated.png
509KB, 1241x768px
Here's my today totals.
>>
>>1677008
spend 30% of your profit on marketing and keep scaling

buy ads on facebook or something
>>1676509
holy kek

ok so you have a good product lineup, but you need to work on your websites design. looks like a 3rd grader

if you made it look more professional and got some marketing, you would have yourself some cash quick. also up the prices a bit, $2?? you are missing huge margins, you could sell for $5, $10, even $15!
$5 would be good
>>
>>1677008
>>1677012
also depending on how niche your domain is etc, you can try selling different kinds of items. find a genre of items that sell and focus on that
>>
What is your average profit margin?

How do you deal with your suppliers? Do you have a minimum number of orders you have to make?

Link to your store?
>>
>>1677008
>>1677012
What's your store like?
>>
>>1677051

thank you so much! Will work on site design right away! <3
>>
>>1676509
These are all from aliexpress? How do the customers react to waiting a month+ between paying and receiving their product?
>>
>>1677201

I dont have customers yet :(
one person is not okay with it though but i offered her a 12-25 day shipping option
>>
>>1677349
>>1677001

Send me a promo code and I'm your first client
ragedimdim a.t hotmail.fr
>>
>>1675071
I've been running two dropshipping stores for the past two months and I'm ready to quit. Between the two of my stores, I've done about $1,700 in sales. However, I've easily spent about that much on advertising. I really don't like how everyone makes this seem like it's so easy. It's not.

OP, if you are really doing well as well as you say you are, explain to me with a reasonable amount of detail how you run your ads (I'm assuming you use Facebook Ads). I've poured tons of money into Facebook Ads to launch countless campaigns hoping to at least get one long-term, sustainable ad campaign going. So far I've tried targeting just about every interest and demographic I could possibly think of. I've paid to watch countless hours of training info from gurus, but I'm still getting a piss poor return on investment.

Give me an idea of exactly what your ad targeting and budgets are like. I'm in the spiritual niche, selling chakra beads, etc. I'm able to sell well on Instagram, but I can't get a good Facebook ad campaign going to save my life.
>>
>>1677366

I can only give out 20% off.
Coupon code: 4CHAN

<3
>>
>>1677476
Thank you. I hope your chinese panties are of quality and you actually bought a sample before adding to your shop...
I know some of these outfits, I've already purchased a few on eBay
>https://pantycentral.org/collections/costume/products/cersei?variant=35170048711
this one is quite good
>>
>>1677520
are you a girl?
>>
>>1677051
>spend 30% of your profit on marketing and keep scaling

Why not just sell on ebay and only pay 15% in fees?
>>
>>1677390

Chakra beads are a terrible niche, you are advertising towards a group of people that notoriously resent advertising and don't want to pay for shit. You can't be that good at business if you are wondering why you are failing but you haven't for a second questioned that maybe the product is shite.

TL:DR - Another normie who has no intuition who expects every product to sell like gold because he used his Mum's credit card to buy facebook ads.
>>
>selling chinese products that you've never even seen
>reselling from actual chinks, ie setting yourself up to get scammed
>having your customer wait for a month+ for the thing to arrive

you can't do this with rocks much less anything else, even if you don't get scammed it's not gonna be a rock that arrives two months later
>>
I want to start selling weight loss stuff, someone explain to me. I think amazon won't let me. Too saturated? Explain
>>
>>1678035
You're not as smart as you think. When I opened my chakra bead store, I made $500 in the first week by advertising on Instagram with $90 worth of shoutouts.I know that there is an audience that happily buys these products and they are pretty easy to find on Instagram. But every guru swears by Facebook Ads, which has been nothing but a giant money sink for me.
>>
>>1678273
Me again, I can also point out several Instagram accounts with dozens of thousands of followers who faithfully buy chakra beads/crystals all the time. The demand is definitely there.
>>
>>1678278
Focus on insta then
>>
>>1678035
How did you obtain your product?
>>
Is AliExpress and the likes the only places to find products to sell?
>>
>>1677390
People on Instagram also have facebooks. If you offer promotions to your instagram followers that make them promote the brand on Fb, that could be a win win.
>>
>>1678353
no
>>
>>1675071

OP, what plugins do you use?
>>
>>1678650
Buttplugs occasionally , the looser my pooper, The easier it is to gloat !
>>
File: 1443832669683.png (314KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1443832669683.png
314KB, 894x894px
>>
>>1675944
How do you protect from XSS attacks?
>>
I've really wanted to start designing my own clothes but I don't have the money for manufacturing and promotion costs.

Would this be a good start? Like selling blanks / basics / chink shit and then investing some of my savings into making my own clothes?

What initial investment would I be looking at to help this take off? How long did it take for you to start profiting?

Are all your buyers from NZ or are they international? What's the demographic like? I'm asking because there's not a chance in hell I could get this to take off in my own country unless I was producing something original.
>>
>>1676509
>SOFTOPENING coupon

:^)
>>
>>1675132
>AliExpress
I can't wait for Trump to stonewall you chucklefucks.
>>
we should have a dropshipping chat
>>
How to rank your stuff and make normies click on my shit when theres a sea of 1000000000's of people that did it before me so my shit shows up at the bottom?

I want to be like this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRsHQ29U1u0

Just sit back and watch organic sales, 200 sales a day+. But even 1k a month would be enough for me to not have to wagecuck.

The problem is, all those videos are useless. When you try to actually put it in practice, you always fail and lose money because you are unlucky with the algorithm or whatever. It's the logical conclusion. There's just too much shit out there. Nobody is going to buy shit from a shop that has 0 trust and 0 sales. Paying reviews is banned, all those fake reviews doesnt work anymore. I need a fucking way to make money on the internet or im blowing my brains off.
>>
I'm not the OP, but I've done this. Recently sold it to a company in China.

I used to own FireVogue.com - I got my clothes from TaoBao for cheaper prices than stuff I was finding on AliExpress.

If you use race-neutral looking women, you will have increased sales. People do not buy shit when the clothes are modeled by Asians. Don't give a fuck what you say, it doesn't work. You can do shit like what a past-distributor of mine ( pinkpopcorn.world.taobao.com ) does and use a shit-ton of make-up to make the models not look Asian though. You Have to have models, you can't upload pictures without the clothes being worn and expect sales.

You need to at least start off on Amazon. Avoid eBay, it's a pit.

Facebook is extremely fucking important. If you can't run Facebook Ads, don't even bother.

You have to buy inventory up-front to make a decent income. A shirt or something might be $35 USD from China after shipping, but if you buy 40 of those shirts and ship them to yourself (I used Amazon for fulfillment for a while) then they will cost you something like $12 USD per shirt instead) - this is how you make money. You can try dropshipping thousands of different items but you won't make much. It's not worth the headache of being a middleman to every transaction.
>>
File: 2016-12-20 12_44_54-.png (42KB, 541x601px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-20 12_44_54-.png
42KB, 541x601px
>>1676509
Fix this shit.
Your website should not be making that many cross-site calls.
>>
>>1679886
thanks breh
>>
>>1679886
This post is better than everything I've read in two years of fastlane forum and /r/entrepreneur. Those places are fucking cancer
>>
Let's say that I run an Instagram with 50,000 followers. Is this enough to get a start on a dropshipping company if I know of a product that will interest them?
>>
>>1676509
the price inconsistency really bugs me,
do what he said
>>1677051
and up some of those prices
>>
>>1680581
Get the instagram with 50k, still not enough, you need a pbn
>>
Holy shit. Been thinking about doing one of these, hop on /biz/ and this topic is top of page 1.

Been looking at sites on Flippa.com. Not to buy per say, but just to get an idea of their business models, financials and how much work goes into them.
>>
http://kycvintage.bigcartel.com/

How do these guys manage to sell so cheap?

$3 a cap, $7 a long sleeve is insane.
>>
isn't there too many of shirt resellers?
don't you need to find a niche or something?
>>
How tf are you even supposed to compete with the chinese when they sell the same product you want to dropship on ebay at a price you cant afford to?
>>
How long does it take after launch before people start visiting your website if you have unique content?
>>
>>1681111
Depends on SEO and promotion
>>
>>1680824
>but just to get an idea of their business model

Those still hold generous profits. Clothing is penny-business (buy-in).
>>
>>1675071
What is dropshipping/ e commerce?
>>
I don't know how
>>
>>1681126
Are you a moron?
E commerce is selling stuff online and drop shipping is where you sell stuff online but you don't have to keep physical inventory and someone else ships it out for you, often from china
>>
so you sell cheap chinese shit that takes 4 weeks to arrive. what happens when someone wants to make a return ?
>>
>>1679900
what would you call that page you're looking at and your analysis? i am a webdev noob and would like to read about it
>>
>>1679886
How do you get traffic so people buy your shit? Just paying Facebook Ads?
Also Amazon is a authority driven thing with stars and shit so if they see you are new nobody will buy your shit... its the herd mentality

So how to get the ball rolling for constant gains

basically fucking this:

>>1679860
>>1679860
>>1679860
>>1679860
>>1679860
>>1679860
>>
>>1675071
hey OP I remember you saying you had a friend selling electronics with a high turnover, is this him?
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11724679
>>
>>1676509
do you sell any used items
>>
>>1679860
go on ebay, buy some $1 items so your feedback score isn't zero
>>
>>1681129
So you buy it from China once you have a buyer? Or do you just keep stock over there somehow?
>>
>>1675071
So I started the process and found a pretty good clothing niche that isn't completely oversaturated with high searches. The store is almost ready, but I just realized that pants from aliexpress have an odd sizing system.

For example, 33x33 pants are hard to find, but 33x40 pants are the only options for most pants sellers. Does anyone have some way to work around this? I'm thinking about looking for other dropshippers, but so far i'm running into the same issue. Perhaps a pants section with an affiliate program? I'm just guessing at this point, any advice? Shorts are piss easy to get, but the length in pants are becoming an issue, maybe I should just not sell pants, but the store is complete with a few pants listings.
>>
>>1682541
if you are buying clothes from china and don't want returns, get a sample first and check the size is what they say it is.

i buy clothes from taobao and the measurements are often inaccurate and a 114cm chest hoodie can be a 2xl, 3xl or 4xl depending on the brand. jeans are often too small and not accurate to the stated measurements.

regarding your question, are you going by their aliexpress page or have you contacted them to ask what they offer?
>>
>>1682558
I'm going based on the aliexpress site, I'll contact the buyers and see what I can work out.
>>
I've been wanting to drop ship for months now but I'm so stuck up on choosing a damn name.

I know that the name of the business is important af and I don't know how to choose one. can someone recommend me how I can stop being a lil bitch?? thx
>>
>>1682693
Feel free to correct me, but from what i've read, if it's an eshop, who cares. I'm not sure if OP did the same, but i've never heard the word of his website in my life. Some guides say to just use a random generator, but just make sure to get a .com domain. I can imagine that getting the right combo would help out a lot though, but good luck with that, just get the wheels turning because it can be time consuming starting it.

I hate to redirect you to reddit, but some sub reddits will help you name them. Someone building a sex toy shop asked them for help and they came up with friskybusiness dot com.
>>
>>1675071
do you have a order fulfilment process organised with your suppliers? Do you forward order emails to them and they process it? Or do you manually order on behalf of the customer for every order?
>>
>>1682846
find the archive link for the previous thread. i read it and op talked about a shopify add on that does the order forwarding.
>>
>>1675071
Wow i made thise amounts when i was 16 u faggot, nothing to be proud about
>>
This is a question directed to Bombora guy. I checked out your store. Your store looks like shit, items are unorganized and overpriced. How do you even get sales?

This is not an attack or a diss I am just interested in how you get sales by selling overpriced watches, bags, glasses and shorts?

I am dropshipping clothing myself, started 2 days ago and made 2 sales ($90 combines, 40 dollars profit) today I had no sales, sad day

Still, what is the most purchased item on your store? Everything there is overpriced crap
>>
>>1682997
What is your website?
>>
>>1683009
not sharing my website, it's clothing.
>>
>>1683012
Why not maybe i'll buy something
>>
>Don't even know how to get started

What do I sell anons?
Where do I buy it from?
I have a few ideas

I'm in the UK where the vape scene has taken off ridiculously. Would it be easier to just start taking orders and then get shit from the market and ship?
>>
>>1681195
its called umatrix and its a firefox addon
>lurkmoar
>>>/g/
>>
How do returns work? Do customers know they have to ship shit all the way to China for a refund?
>>
>>1683012
what kind of clothes?

How did you get started with your first sales?
>>
File: libertarian dream.png (317KB, 1348x1243px)
libertarian dream.png
317KB, 1348x1243px
How do you deal with those long-ass shipping times? How do you obtain photos from sellers without gay-ass watermarks/physical signatures?
>>
>>1683887
>How do you obtain photos from sellers without gay-ass watermarks/physical signatures?

Buy samples and then take your own pictures.
>>
>>1683905
don't have enough capital for that, isn't there a way by contacting them and they provide you one without?
>>
>>1683906
You're going to have to buy samples no matter what, get the money to buy them. You can't just start selling blind.

>isn't there a way by contacting them and they provide you one without?

An important lesson worth learning is to "just ask." Send a potential supplier an email asking for a sample, that you're interested in retailing it.
>>
How many hours roughly did it take you to get set up and start making decent money (over 100 a day)

Any places you can link that have a bunch of info all in one spot on how to get started it this

Iwhat do you think would be the most important things to do to get started

what things should you avoid getting caught in that either waste your time or hurt sales or anything that negatively impacts your time/buisiness

Thanks for the thread
>>
File: 1456242019525.gif (2MB, 360x201px)
1456242019525.gif
2MB, 360x201px
>>1679886
to buy staff on taobao you need a dropshipper in china.
try to register an account on taobao and fulfill all the info in chinese is impossible and google can't help you at all.
prove me i'm wrong
>>
>>1679860
you can buy or sell some free stuff like pdf file. i'm sure there are many ppl like you out there.
>>
>>1681204
Now, Facebook Ads are enough. You can also advertise your items on eBay and Amazon without having to sell through them.

Most of the effort is spent getting people to your site with FB ads. The amount of returning customers will not return. I called it a shotgun method, I would list a bunch of items I thought would sell well and most of it wouldn't but I would find something that would get a good amount of traffic by listing it on eBay or Amazon. This might be a specific swimsuit or something. Then I would buy x amount of that item and keep it in stock.You need to do this because if you dropship and your item turns out to be shit and your refund/chargeback rate spikes on your first initial run or two most merchants will stop processing your payments. I bought samples of a sweater once, sold the shit out of it, and my samples weren't even fucking close as to what the actual product turned out to be. This is common bait and switch which is why it is important to build a list of distributors/sellers in China that you trust. Once you have someone you can trust, you can get them to send upclose measurements and they might even ask you what sizes you are going to want and they will stock up for you. A huge problem in China is lying about actual quantity levels. Some people will claim to have 3000 of an item but only have 2. You dont want to run a successful ad campaign for an item and then have a 3 week delay on that item. People are already nontrusting of buying something they seen on FB. So, don't dropship some random guys' items.

Regarding watermarks: If a seller can't get you a non-watermarked image then it means they are far from the source of the item. This means they can't even contact the actual manufacturer/distributor of them item to get them to send them a nonWM photo. This is an indicator that you are buying through a 3rd or 4th string contact, aka an item with 2 or more middlemen.
>>
>>1683906
A sample? You wont get one for free. Companies in China don't just make a bunch of something that sits around until it sells. Its mostly all made upon order.

Back in the day, you could get samples for free. Or, you could get samples by just paying for shipping. Now samples are basically like buying a retail because people built businesses out of reselling free/cheap samples.
>>
>>1683955
There are companies that will ship your shit to you for a fee, but non-Chinese can make TaoBao accounts now. I believe there is a couple guides on reddit.

Depending on how much you are buying, people in China are more inclined to ship to the U.S.
>>
>>1679886
>race-neutral looking women
wtf does that mean?
like mixed race or straight up european?
>>
>>1684123
I assume he tried to say "white" without sounding racist, but ended up sounding more racist.

You want white people modeling your clothes.
>>
>>1684123
Someone that isn't easily identifiable by race. Someone that looks Black, White, and Hispanic.

Clothing has a demographic, old white women don't want a scarf modeled by an old black/asian looking model.
>>
File: ariane1.jpg (63KB, 640x314px)
ariane1.jpg
63KB, 640x314px
>>1684123
I assume he meant someone like pic related ubiquitous chick: ambiguous race. Universally tolerable.

>>1684166
>Clothing has a demographic, old white women don't want a scarf modeled by an old black/asian looking model.
There's a very important insight there. Sometimes fashion is "aspirational" so sometimes the models don't need to be the same demographic as your customer, but you need to know who they do not identify with.
>>
>>1683750
what do you mean by the market?

people expect goods delivered quickly, and i would never buy something with a 15 day delivery like someone stated in the thread (maybe that is common in Aus though?)

i think if you take order without stock, you're asking fro bad feedback on your FB page. it will take you a couple of weeks to get your website sorted, why not find goods and order them, then they'll be on their way or maybe arrived by the time you go live.

>>1683777
thanks. /g/ tells me to go away when i ask questions, maybe i should just lurkmoar as you say.

>>1683955
i'm a foreigner in china and use taobao, but shipping things out of the country is a pain in the ass. i don't understand it. you always need ID, you sometimes need other documentation. i doubt for clothes you do, but going to the post office/couriers is a hassle here, for me at least.

i signed up on taobao before my chinese was good enough to read it and used google translate, it wasn't that difficult. although it might be a different system now, several online procedures have gotten stricter recently.

one possible problem might be signing up for AliPay, which you can't do without an Entry stamp and a chinese bank card (as far as i remember). some vendors accept CC payment, but i have only ever used UnionPay, so i don't know if they accept Visa. Not every vendor accepts a different payment than AliPay.
>>
>>1684300

The UK usually have a cheap local market filled with Indians selling shit on the cheap.
>>
>>1684405
i thought maybe that is what you meant by the market. thats worth checking out to see what your margins would be
>>
>>1684428

Everything on sale there is roughly £2-£5 more than AliExpress.

I'm thinking of playing on the unbranded part of the clothes. A specialist shop that deals only in unbranded "high quality" goods. Not sure how viable it is.

Where I live it's a unique situation. It's got a huge modern shopping centre. But you'll find the majority of people can't afford shit and go to primark on the other side of the city all while being a very fashion orientated place.
If I can sucker in the young wannabes with their parents spending money I'll be alright.
>>
>>1683913
>>1683906
>>1683965

My site isn't ready yet and i'm kinda on the same boat for the capital. I picked items with a lot of reviews and noticed that some people leave their measurements along with sizes in their reviews. Can't I just go off of that? It sounds risky, but id like to hear others feedback.
>>
>>1684453

Anon you're in the same boat as me.

My domain is up and running. Lacking capital right now. Can't decide on products.
This is my first /biz/ venture. I'm sick of being a wage cuck.
>>
>>1684483
Yeah I'm not sure what to sell either.
Lately though I've been selling counterfeit makeup on ebay for a hefty profit but in small amounts.

I'm ready to start my own shit but I'm not sure where to go.

There are lots of womens fashion stores already online and I feel like they do well but I'm scared that they will be no interest.

Phone cases and small electronics you can buy off ebay for cheap already.

Mens clothing mehh, do guys even shop online as much as women?

Makeup and beauty - everyone pays for the brand name.
>>
>>1684492

>counterfeit

Where do you even find this shit?
>>
>>1684495

You can get counterfeit anything these days.
Fake makeup, fake makeup brushes, fake skin care (moisturisers ect.), fake shoes (literally any shoes. fenty x rihanna, adidas, timberlands, yeezy, nike, louboutin), fake yeezy clothing, fake phone cases (I have a fake dolce and gabana), fake stationary (kiki.k branded), fake pop vinyls, fake toys (lego, minecraft shit, sylvanians), fake samsung phones (they cost about $250 AUD for a s7 edge).

You gotta look in the right places with the right words.
>>
>>1684509

Are you getting them online?

Police crack down on that shit here, used to be able to find them in markets everywhere.
>>
>>1684511
Yeah online and sell them online.
I'm not sure if the police are that strict here in QLD, Australia.

I've never once had anything stopped by customs and I have 2 paypal accounts in the negatives for -$180 and -$90
>>
>>1684509
Fake Golf Wang, Billionaire boys club, anti social social club, fear of god
>>
>>1684519

But anon they sell for the same price online as they do on AliExpress.

Only way I could see this working is selling in person which is a risk.
>>
>>1684524

where lol
>>
>>1684534
>>1684533

>404 file does not exist

What did he mean by this?

Also all I'm seeing are the same counterfeit goods being sold at penny profits.
Probably worth a try though.
>>
>>1684483
Yeah, I was deciding on which products to sell for the last few days. I went back and forth so much until I reach depression. I luckily stumbled up a high search and medium competition niche that just so happens to be what i'm into. Good luck mate.
>>
>>1684533
>>1684534
>>1684546
you can get perfect counterfeits, but you won't know till you get a sample.

i think it's a better route to go legit but unbranded. girls will buy unbranded clothes if it is fashionable.

>>1684441
i think if you are concentrating, or starting, locally getting on fb will be key. social word of mouth will be better than SEO as girls will see girls they know and ask where they got a piece. not to get the same but to find something similar.

i think your situation is similar across the UK. people don't have lots of disposable cash, but they want to spend money on looking good when they go out.
>>
is there a reason why you sell makeup at the low price? like less chance of getting caught by ebay or what?

what if you sold counterfeit stuff at $1000 or so, would you get caught more easily?
>>
>>1684604

It's what I want to do. I just need the capital to do it, this time of year I'm flat broke thanks to bills and Christmas.

>>1684613

Well if you sell fake shit at a high price and the customer finds out it's fake there's a higher chance they're gonna retaliate.
>>
>>1684691
If you live overseas and they retaliate what could they do besides get your account shut down, and if they did that couldn't you come back again if your bank account isn't linked?
>>
>>1683839
FB ads, sales are not consistent since my fb ads budget is very low.

I usually get 1-2 sales a day, making 50 dollar profit.

The most difficult part is finding the right fb ad that drives convertable traffic.

My advice for you would be not to start clothing shop, find something easier, clothing is pain in the ass and I am expecting a lot of refund when they receive gook clothes that are low quality.
>>
>>1684703

Wouldnt be selling something else be a bigger pain in the ass?

I imagine that people would rather want a refund on something tech related for example, instead of spending a few bucks on some clothes. Even I kept one or two pieces of clothing I bought online that didn't quite fit.

But actually when I think about selling shit like emoji pillows, they sure wouldn't get refunded as much as clothes.

I was thinking about clothes too, since people don't really have to do much research on them and usually would just buy them when they look good.

How could I find a different, easier niche?
>>
>>1684711
>How could I find a different, easier niche?
wish i could tell you, it's hard and frustrating especially when you start a store and get no sales at all for a few days.

You are right about clothes but we usually sell clothes for 60+ dollars and it's quite plausible that they'll refund if they don't like it.

I sold a few 3d lamps a while ago and some bitch refunded it instantly since paypal is always kissing customer's ass while fucking the buyer in his.

There is no easy niche, you have to use your head, find something that someone is either passionate about or something that solves a problem.
>>
>>1684713

I'm thinking about finding something else and I haven't even started yet. After researching, clothes seems like a pain in the ass.
But then again, everything made by gooks is pretty much shit so I don't know what to go with.
>>
>>1684711
I started clothing because clothing can be sold based on perceived value. I had already been selling a lot of the cheapy shit, $3.00 garlic grinders, $1 clear plastic shoe boxes - so if I failed selling profitable shit, it wouldn't shut me down. Clothing can sell for a lot of money if you take awesome pictures, but without those pictures it would be limited to how much other similar items were being sold for. An example would be, a picture of a nice looking model in a purple t-shirt makes the value of that shirt go up and able to be sold for $15+, without the model and with just a basic picture, that shirt is only worth as much as other purple t-shirts which is like $2.00; it's all perceived value.

Its actually crazy to think about the fact that there are hoodies that sell for $400 when you buy something nearly identical for $10.
>>
>>1684768
You are absolutely correct. Just take a look at Yeezus or SUPREME clothing, you can buy the same shit for like 20 dollars or less yet they sell it for hundreds.

My store is only 5 days old and we made $105 worth of sales as of today, $50 profit. We spent around 45 bucks on ad testing so we are barely breaking even, it is always like that in the start. In the future, if our store takes off we can easily arrange better photos.

Another alternative is finding better photos of the same item on Google.
>>
File: kimknewfragrence.png (207KB, 415x396px) Image search: [Google]
kimknewfragrence.png
207KB, 415x396px
>>1684713
how niche do you want to go? pic related
>>
>>1684868
interesting pic, what did they mean by this
>>
>>1684833
>>1684768

Surely the superior method of getting into business would be all of use here collaborating and actually making a brand.

Sure you can take the current route we're all trying and make a cheeky bit of cash. But at the end of the day we're suckering people into buying brand replicas. Brand recognition is the name of the game in this business.
That's the real game here and we're not working on it.
>>
>>1684915
like a /biz/ fashion franchise? how would different anons deal with orders?

i can see your idea, but the best bet would be 1 person starting their own brand, but no one in this thread has really given the impression that they have decent capital to start.
>>
>>1684926

>4chan fashion line

We just do as we're doing now but under one name. Push social media and gain a following. Still selling the masses gook shit.
>>
>>1678221
Definetly too saturated to make any money.
>>
>>1683955
It is extrememly doable to order things from taobao to America without an agent. There are picture guides on r/FashionReps. Youve been proved wrong.
>>
Why can't I just dropship through a wholesale company located in europe/USA instead of buying from China?

Are products from China really that much cheaper? Wouldn't it be more viable to order from somewhere near your location, and build an authority of a brand, instead of being concerned about long ass shipping time?
>>
>>1684979

>Have to have trade account (tax)
>They import their shit from china 75% of the time
>Delivery time only reduced by maybe 2 weeks
>>
>>1675071
Last week i've ordered some item from amazon. They sent me the wrong product and i complained. The answer i got:
>Sorry, but shipping is done by the manufacturer and it is his responsibility
Needless to say i will get him kicked from amazon, Scum.
>>
>>1685040
>>Have to have trade account (tax)
What does this mean? Sorry I'm a total noob here.

>>Delivery time only reduced by maybe 2 weeks
Isn't this very desirable?
>>
>>1685083

Most wholesalers will check you're a registered business or tradesman.
AliExpress and similar don't give a fuck.
>>
>>1685172
I see.
What I mean is, is there a platform like AliExpress, but in Europe, that similarily wouldn't give a fuck about me being registered?
>>
>>1675071
>Don't know what drop shipping is
>Just learn about it now
>Read about it on shopify
>Low margins
>High competitive market
Nope.jpg
>>
>>1685195

Yes but they're trash.
Not that AliExpress is better but these are particularly bad. Check out LightInTheBox and dealextreme.
>>
>Looking at gaming related products
>graphics cards are being sold at almost double their worth

Jesus Christ. The more I look into this the less enticing it is.
>>
>>1685227
>guess i'll wait until I come up with some original revolutionizing idea/product
kys, dropshipping is the shit
>>
>>1684950
what the fuck isn't saturated? unless you got something that breaks some ground, how else do people make money outside of winning the meme lottery or spending shittons on ads to push your shop/products on people's throats??
>>
>>1684768
but those expensive ass hoodies sell because of their brand

why would somebody buy some tshirt from a random shop? thats what i dont get
>>
>>1684930
how do you even gain social media following unless you are a normie personality that lucks out from the other 1000's normies/very good looking/etc?

and i want my own brand, whats the point of a "4chan brand" where all the aspies here can join and get profits eeh
>>
how do you deal with long shipping times? surely the customers won't be satisfied with that (they're usually between 2 weeks and up)
>>
>>1685047
yeah, that is a poor response. you'll get a refund though when you complain to amazon.
>>
do kycvintage stock from taobao exclusively?
>>
>>1686701
spread that ass, smokar
>>
File: flexinonyall.png (9KB, 404x238px) Image search: [Google]
flexinonyall.png
9KB, 404x238px
>Get fairly good at fb ads
>launch a fb ad campaign that i designed in 5 minutes
>5 mins after the ad was launched I get a 70 dollar sale

Money is out there, it's like oil just gotta know where to dig and whom to target
>>
>>1686887
Keep us updated, I'm hearing mixed results on fb ads. Some say it's a complete waste of money while others say they are getting good results.
>>
>>1687008
Who says its a complete waste of money? FB ads are top dog right now, beating out adwords by a wide margin.
>>
>>1686887
How much do you invest in fb ads? How much is enough for starters?
>>
Interesting thread. I thinking of starting a dropshipping business in weed grinders (herbal grinders so you don't run into any legal trouble). I found some store on AliExpress that makes really nice ones and they offer laser-etched logos on top for $2 extra (can easily make this service like $10 extra if you offer it I suppose as it feels premium lol).

Great thing about AliExpress is that the stores love bulk buyers, you just have to be careful with customs.
>>
To the people who start these businesses: how do you deal with taxes on the money you're making? I imagine in the US it's less of a big deal, but as someone from Europe I imagine it would be more iffy.
>>
>>1687160
Yeah can someone please answer.

I've been selling through ebay and paying invoices. Is that tax?
>>
>>1679430
What makes you a viable designer over the thousands if not millions of teenage/college kids going to art school with actual design talent that you would be competing with in an already over-saturated luxury market with historically terrible margins? Please answer me seriously because if you have qualifications I could potentially partner with you.
>>
>Shopify Dropshipping
DROP IT.
>>
>>1687195
Are you joking?
>>
>>1675071
Do you dropship a product you make yourself or are you reselling something?

I have a domain that I wanted to make a marketplace, but my niche is one full of authorized resellers with fuckhuge names. I don't quite know how setting up a dropshipping business functions.

My three questions
How do you determine if a niche works for dropshipping?
How are you paid?
How do you handle returns?
>>
>>1675136
>taking advantage of dumb people not finding a lower price?

To be fair, if I want a tshirt I'm not going to buy them from china when they probably have a minimum purchase of 100 shirts. Seems like a bit much of the same shirt, and it would work out more expensive than just buying one in my own country and supporting our own economy rather than Chinas
>>
>>1687201

Why?
>>
Did you set up a business structure? The impression I get from reading everything is you just set up a website, found suppliers, and blasted off. I'm reading the Shopify guide to dropshipping now and have come to that section.

The also mention having a $1000 cushion. I obviously have more than that, but am not so sure I want that cushion for the business. Do you agree that cushion is needed for the business?
>>
File: sales25th.png (11KB, 564x343px) Image search: [Google]
sales25th.png
11KB, 564x343px
>>1687062
I invested around 90 dollars for testing, you gotta find the right ads, now I have 3 ads running that bring me stable sales everyday. I am still testing my ads till I find that golden ticket.

I spent 6 dollars on an ad and made 30 dollars profit, but I spend 10 dollars on another ad that brought me 30 dollars profit yesterday but didn't bring any profit today. So today I spent around 16 dollars on ads and made around 30 dollars profit. My ad budget is low so profits are not that high but If I would invest 30 dollars on ads I'd get way more in return, you get what I am saying.

Keep in mind that our store is 1 week old.
>>1687008
it's a waste of money when testing. you have to test your ads to see which ones work and which ones dont. It's all about click-through-rate, you can tell that your ad is shit if nobody is clicking it. I spent a lot of money on fb ads till I found the ones that work, it is stressful to see your money go down the drain without bringing in any sales. Fb ads allow very detailed targeting and if you have the right product and you know what kind of people would be interested in it then you can make a lot of money from fb ads. It's a learning process
>>
>>1687592
Scratch that, there are 4 ads running at this point so my ad costs are very high, what I am trying to do is set up 3-4 different ads that would bring me a lot of convertable traffic (sales) everyday, even though I am making small profits I am still in the testing stage, currently I have 2 ads that are performing extremely good.
>>
>>1686887
What do you sell?
>>
How upfront are you folks? I've found a wholesaler near where I live, and I want to go in to look at the clothes and negotiate in person. Should I just be upfront about dropshipping?

I want to do it the Chinese way because of the better margins, but first want to see if I can do it like this because it's nearby and a little easier.
>>
>>1687241

lmao
>>
>>1675071
Thanks for the only worthwhile thread on biz.

I currently live in Japan and will be doing so for the next 2 - 5 years. Do you think it would be a worthwhile investment to start drop shipping? How does one do market research for such a venture?

I am fluent in English and Japanese and currently work for the Japanese govt. If anyone needs any info please let me. I would like to print money.
>>
>>1687592

what niche are you in?
>>
any idea on using tictail as an eShop host for drop shipping?
>>
File: pic.jpg (147KB, 519x833px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
147KB, 519x833px
Another anon here. I don't post often but I've been experimenting with this stuff since November. Today has been my most profitable day so far
>>
>>1688655

What do you sell? I'm sorry for being nosy but I want to know whats profitable and whats not.
>>
>>1688655
Also are you using shopify?
>>
>>1675071
>we
>245 a day for each person if we imply you're just 2 guys
>good money
>>
>>1688656
Women's clothing. I just found a hot product
>>1688657
Yep
>>
>>1688655
nice shopify theme, how did you get it ?
>>
File: niggasheet.png (8KB, 374x219px) Image search: [Google]
niggasheet.png
8KB, 374x219px
>>1687592
climbing to da top
>>
How to get traffic to my website so I get sales and constant traffic due being good in the rankins?
Facebook ads are lame as fuck thats as some other guy said a shotgun approach. You get a wave of people, but it ends quick.

I need ideal positioning so people stumble upon my FBA Amazon items/website and buy organically.
>>
>>1676509
Your site gave me a bonner
>>
>>1675071
>why haven't you started
I don't know how.
>>
>>1688655

what is your average profit?
wHAT HAS BEEN YOUR STRATEGY?
>>
>>1689611
what service is your software providing?
>>
>>1689611
Underage and /biz/
>>
>>1689629
wouldn't you like to know? haha

overcrowded niche so not gonna say but i got a huge promo from a massive commerce platform in california

>>1689636
whats it to ya
>>
>>1689673
doing pdf shit?
>>
>>1689677
nope you would never guess it, very small overcrowded sub niche.

anyways, im not gonna tell ya!
>>
did your guys sales do absolute shitty today? Regarding eccomerce.
>>
LMAOOO FOUND THIS THREAD TOO LATE.
I AM ORIGINAL OP FROM THE ORIGINAL POST.
I guess I should have expected this shit from 4chan lmao.
Oh well.
>>
>>1689760

Sorry about the larping m8.I just wanted more anons to share their experiences and your op made an excelent honeypot. I want to know EVERYTHING about this business.I want tomake money to have a nice home and a thick wife.
Sorry.
>>
>>1689760
What happened?
>>
>>1689760
How's the biz treating you these days
>>
Don't you guys use some Keyword abstractor?
It's much more effective than any other advertisement. I just do a few of job and increase at least 100 visitor a day.

Current number of visitors is around 1000 now and never invested a single pany on any kind of advertisement.
Since the name of the product itself just happen to gather customers pretty easily. Am I the only one with this method?
>>
>>1690185
Elaborate.

In English please.
>>
>>1690275
This
>>
>>1690275
>>1690624
goon one of those data bank websites that tells you what's trending right now, what keywords and such and use them to promote
>>
>>1690692
>data bank website
What is the website?
>>
>>1690692
jesus use fucking google or youtube, not everything is going to be handed to you in a silver fucking platter.
>>
>>1675517
plexdeck.com
>>
>>1678024
Because eBay manipulates searches and hides your listings. And it's stuffed with chinks that can mail shit to the US for free so good luck competing with that.
>>
>>1691150
Not him, but no one is asking for a silver platter. You have to realize that you've failed to ever formulate a complete thought. Research trending keywords, and promote them where? What method of promotion doesn't involve spending money on paid traffic or already having a following?
>>
>>1689742
>very small overcrowded sub niche
i have no interest in SAAS desu
good job on whatever it is though
>>
>>1691366
valuable Keyword gathering,searching might be the most proper strategy for dropshipping.

Actually I'm in korea and korean myself, doing the business in korea.
and there is a keyword abstractor program which is helping you to get proper, valuable keywords. The keywords people usually type when they try to find the products they want.

I'm pretty sure you can find one in google or somewhere. I'm pretty sure there is one already.

and proper, valuable keywords mean It should be the keyword your product could be placed in high rank among the product results.

for example, when you search something, there would be refering number of how many products are showing in that keyword.

usually I skip the keywords which is showing more than 1000 products. and when It's below 1000, I try to get them as high ranked when I upload the product.

you know, investing in advertisement is only temporary thing. It will not make your product to be shown to many customers for long time unless you invest on the advertisement again. keeping spending the money and even trying to maintain it. It's just both wasting your money and wasting your time.

setting up some proper keywords from the beginning uploading a product is definitely the best method. especially when It's dropshipping, indeed It is.

because when you do dropshipping, you can literally choose limitless number of products to sell and that actually means that you can pick up many proper keywords also.

just search in google some keyword trending program for amazon or ebay or anything else.
I heard that 'google trend' is one of the best
>>
>>1691366
>
If you couldn't have figured out that you promote on whichever social media you're running, whether it be facebook, instagram, pinterest, whatever, then you're a fucking moron. where the fuck else are you going to promote it? you've failed to use common fucking sense
>>
>>1676509
>http://pantycentral.org

What site is this? Is this shopify?
How long did it take you to create the site/how much did it cost you for the theme?

Anon, this actually does look pretty professional.
>>
>>1692134
That's actually some pretty good info. There's more to getting ranked high on Google than just having the right keyword though. It's not like you just name the product well and it suddenly shoots to the front page. SEO is practically an art form in and of itself, and lots of people have spent tons of money trying to master it.
>>
>>1694225

i just followed this guy's bullshit advice and built a shopify site and advertised on facebook, I got 120 pageviews (almost all mobile), each cunt visited the item i was advertising, then left, no extra pageviews or anything, no one put the item in their shopping cart either.

120 uniques and not a single purchase wtf, all up it cost me $27 in advertising before I deactivated it.
>>
>>1694853

I meant the OPs advice, he's full of shit and is using this thread to advertise his shitty site, its clearly not getting any traffic as he doesn't even have facebook likes
>>
>>1694853

Dropshipping is hard because people who buy online are not as dumb as those who buy chinese products in physical shops so instead of losing time buying in your store they will go straight to the source, which is aliexpress itself.

If aliexpress and taopao, lightinthebox and etc refused to sell to regular costumers things would be easier.
>>
my gf has a good eye for good looking clothes from thrift stores

im thinking about giving her some money to build an inventory and ill take care of selling them online

what platform should i use for my webstore?
>>
>>1694874

squarespace
>>
>>1694867

not entirely true, my stupid gf buys off that wish app, they dropship the same shit from china and she is well aware of aliexpress. People are retarded, just not retarded enough to give me their money

FML
>>
>>1694936
what about Etsy? Seems pretty popular where I live
>>
>>1694853
Wait. Are you actually serious? You're upset that your literal very first ever ad didn't make money? You're upset that you haven't become insanely profitable after investing 27 fucking dollars?

Your site probably looks like shit, and you're probably missing a lot of good add-ons and plug ins that increase conversion rate. If you've got 120 visits and no one even trying to buy, that's probably the case. It's not just as simple as shitting out a store one day and throwing out the first ad you can think of. Facebook Ads alone are such a challenge that people charge hundreds just to teach people how to do it right.

I spent well over $300 testing out different ads and products before I even started to a turn a little bit of profit. Don't be a damn moron. In the beginning, you shouldn't expect to instantly become a millionaire. Your first ads should honestly just be considered tests/market research.
>>
>>1694867
The majority of people don't even know what Aliexpress is. I didn't know until I got into Dropshipping. I have two stores and no one has ever even noticed or mentioned that my products are from Aliexpress. Aliexpress isn't doing much marketing for their products. That's why they are so friendly to dropshippers, because we are helping to promote and market their products in ways that they can't.
>>
>>1694994

its not the fact I didn't get the sale, its the fact I literally got a single page view for each visitor, 120 in all.

What the fuck is that shit? Not a single person thought, 'what other cool stuff is here' or just browsed while bored. And the site doesn't look too bad imo
>>
>>1694971

Assuming you take this seriously from the get go you ideally should be on all the free platforms you can get on.

1. Make a website (square space)
2. Get on Etsy
3. Get on Ebay
4. Run some google adwords and learn about SEO to rank high so people can actually find your website.
>>
>>1695074
Part of testing ads is also finding the right target audience. There are more than a billion people on Facebook. You need to try different ads on different audiences until you find a winner. If it was literally that easy to just open a store and throw out an ad, you wouldn't have all of these gurus charging money to teach you how to do it.

You can learn for free, but you need to do research. I hope that you haven't based all of your strategy and research solely on what you've seen on this board. There's lots of good info on YouTube. As far as your store goes, I'll tell you a few apps I always make sure to have in my stores.

>Scarcity - Allows you to put a countdown timer on your items. For example, you can say that an item is on sale, but in Scarcity you can set an expiration date and the timer will slowly count down, increasing the sense of urgency to buy.

>Conversion Plus - Adds a countdown timer to checkout, basically saying the cart is reserved only for a short period of time so they need to hurry and check out.

>McAfee Secure - Believe it or not, normies are more likely to buy from your store if you have a trust badge like this proving your store is "secure."

>Product Upsell - Simple upsell app, to potentially get more money from each customer.
>>
I have an idea but want to make sure this works how I think it does.

A large amount of products I'd sell exist on aliexpress. Do I just use pictures and product descriptions and set up a site that basically forwards info to the supplier on aliexpress?

When you create a dropshipping page, do you have to have any contact with suppliers? Can I just make listings that point to them and that's it?
>>
>>1695081
thanks for the tips senpai
>>
HOLY COW, I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS TO BE UP STILL.

Made a thread earlier about something just like this. Oops...

Just opened PaxAndroid. I don't really think the name fits my category enough.

>>1692134
Absolutely this. Is there a place where I can do this specific ranking and keyword adding to my site? I want to pick up the absolute best keywords for my niche.
>>
>>1695266
Hey, looked at your site. Looks solid.

Can you answer this? >>1695243

Have you had any contact with your suppliers? Or do you just start setting up a catalog of listings that "points" to aliexpress products?
>>
>>1695272

Waiiiit. How did you find the site? Lmao. Did you get the right address.

>>1695243

Oh there's a PERFECT app for this on Shopify. It's called Oberlo. You can edit the price, the images are already there, and they are working on automated dropshipping. It's fucking perfect.
>>
>>1695243
>Can I just make listings that point to them and that's it?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. There's an app called Oberlo that can import all of the product info from Aliexpress into Shopify. It imports photos, descriptions, prices, etc. This can all be edited by you. When someone buys an order from your site, you can again use Oberlo to automatically go into Aliexpress, buy the item, and it will input all of the customer's information and have it shipped.

You don't really need to contact the supplier ahead of time. Just make sure that it's a reliable supplier with good reviews, and that a lot of people have already bought the product, left good ratings, and posted photos. That way you know you have a quality product.
>>
>>1695280
Awesome, thank you very much

>>1695278
https://www.paxandroid.com/
>>
>>1695285

what theme is that?

It makes my quickie job look like shit
https://www.cheapo.net.au

>>1695127

Thanks for the help I'm going to play around with some more ads today, I had planned to spend around $100 on ads but as it progressed it was pretty clear that people wanted to have a quick look at the product and really had no interest in buying it so I stopped the ads (feeling a bit down and out desu).

I added the McAfee Secure thing to the bottom corner but it just looks ugly in my view desu and I'll definitely have a play with the others soon.

Although I'm too poor to drop $100 on Product Upsell atm lol
>>
>>1695308
I really like that website. I might show it to my mom, she needs a dog bed!

It's one of the Shopify free themes. It's called Debut.

With your color scheme I think it'll look nice

>tfw 408 visitors and not a single sale yet

I-its only 20 hours old...It'll come soon!
>>
But just one question.

don't you guys feel afraid about some copyright and product safety problem? because of that I just shun to pick charactor products like pikachu and Elsa.

and I don't even pick to sell some electrical products, including child's toy
I found another dropshipping store which was selling Lepin and Decool, and It suddenly all got blocked. Since the products were counterfeits of Lego, the Customs just prohibited to import those in this country.

The seller's customers were hell accusing toward the dropshipping shoppingmall since they couldn't get the counterfeit legos . I almost could be fucked up . because in that time I was about to launch tons of model figures of Avengers and other lego toys
>>
>>1695348
electrical products like earphone might be okay. but still I just don't sell them at all. If that product accidently explode while the customer using it, It literally woud be huge trouble. Chinese sellers in Aliexpress often show papers like COC but I just can't believe it still.
>>
>>1695308
Your site isn't bad. It would help to have a product description that you wrote yourself, instead of just listing specs from Aliexpress. Something simple like, "Your dog will love this car-shaped bed. Made from fine cotton, he'll feel right at home" or some bullshit like that.

You can have some specs under it, because stuff like size info is important, but you should definitely remove the part that says "Origin: China," and anything else that makes the product seem cheap. For example, one of your products says:

>Feature: Comfortable
>Style features: Pet Bed, Dog mats, Kennels, Doghouse, Cat bed
>Season: Spring, summer, autumn, winter

This is Engrish nonsense that is clearly straight from Aliexpress. It would take forever to change all of this right away, but I would definitely change it at least for the products you're directly advertising. Also, I hope you're advertising one product at a time, with a link that goes directly to a product page. Sending traffic to your homepage won't get you anywhere.

Product Upsell has different plans ranging from $9.99 to $59.99 per month. They also give a 30 day free trial. You can turn that into a 60 day trial if you cancel it a few days in. They'll e-mail you desperately trying to get your business back. Most Shopify apps will do something like that, actually. That should be long enough to decide if its worth it for you or not.
>>
>>1695348
Selling trademarked/copyrighted shit is high risk, high reward. I see ads for that stuff all the time (Pokemon shirts, Rick and Morty shirts, etc) and it kinda pisses me off because I know those motherfuckers are making tons of money and they don't have a legal right to sell those products. When the real companies step in and decide to sue those guys, they're gonna be fucked. If you live overseas somewhere where they can't get to you, you might be able to get away with it, though.
>>
>>1695371

Yeah I meant to update all that shit chinese shit, I did it for the item I advertised yesterday though. I advertised 1 of the dog houses. I'll be updating it progressively throughout the day or so, you actually need to do it because all that gibberish is reallydamaging for your SEO.

I thought Upsell was a once off $99 purchase so I'll look into it.

Do you guys have a limit as to how many items you upload? I feel like I should just dump as much shit on the shopify site as possible. I currently have like 100 items and I think today and tomorrow I'm gonna try and dump another ~400 items on there
>>
>>1695427
There's no need to have that many items, in my opinion. Most people are making the majority of their money from 2-3 products every month. Find some winners and advertise them, then you can have a few more products just so your website doesn't look empty. Having 500 products could easily lead to someone visiting, being overwhelmed, and leaving. The paradox of choice is real. My most recent store only has eight products and I did $334 in sales yesterday, all mostly from one product.

As far as the upsell thing goes, you don't necessarily need to get that specific app that I use. Maybe you can find a free one. But you should definitely get some sort of upsell app.
>>
>>1695467
Hm, will this apply for tech things (like headphones, speakers, etc)? If you have a lot of items for a tech niche, the customers would likely buy multiple little things, since you have a large variety.
>>
>>1695496
If you were selling name brand products, maybe. Best Buy or Walmart can have 500 different products because they're all legitimate brands. The products are already well-known and established, and a buyer could narrow their search down to just Sony products, or just Samsung products, etc. It's a bit easier to decide what you want and what's good or not.

With a dropshipping store, these products are all off-brand or generic. If you're selling fifty different kinds of generic Bluetooth headphones, it could easily become problematic for a buyer trying to decide which one to get.

You can definitely have many different categories, like headphones, speakers, keyboards, etc, but I wouldn't put more than ten items in each category honestly. At the end of the day, you have to test and see what works best, but definitely don't think that more products means a better store, or that you need 100 products before you start running ads.
>>
How to get the traffic to the store?
>>
>>1694853
>wtf i invested $27 into selling JUNK on the INTERNET and didnt make any money?
>>1695566
read the thread
>>
>>1695594

hey everyone who can afford to buy a house (red: not me or any other non-boomers ) tends to fill it with absolute shit so pawning junk off the internet ain't a bad idea.

In fact my mum laps up this kind of shit like no tomorrow, I expect other women are just as loose with their (((husband's))) cash.
>>
File: 1478715747952.png (172KB, 298x319px)
1478715747952.png
172KB, 298x319px
Listen fellas, I cannot dropship here in Brazil because the products takes too long to reach others around here, it's a mess.

Can I dropship for the rest of the world while I have a website based around here? Do people really need to know where my website is hosted?

I'm an honest guy so if someone has a problem I will just refund the product and be done with it, I already have some good cash flowing and I'm looking to expand my finances so I can invest on others things. Dropshipping seems nice.
>>
>>1695622
I actually have thought of it, the first step is just uploading the product in the other country's language. and just make it to be exposed well to the country's customers.

but, still ambiguous if It's actually possible. because for selling in some countries you need to enroll buyer protection blahblah and for seller business they might demand your personal information. Idk about other cunts but here we need to get permission from the goverment first.

Maybe try ebay or other easy process selling shops.
>>
Has anyone that has used/is using Oberlo experienced an issue where pictures do not import for products?
>>
To anyone using Oberlo:

I've built my product catalog, and just did a test order to myself.

Is the order automatically sent thru aliexpress? It asked me to "fulfill" the order - does that mean I actually need to order the shit? Or can I just mark it as fulfilled?

I assumed I wouldn't need to do anything after the customer checks out
>>
>>1675071
customer discovery tips plz

were a lot of your initial orders through family/friends?
>>
I don't know anything about this. Are you saying I could niche the "Nerd" clothing market, sell some R2D2 corsets and shit and make money? Is this legit/legal, or are we able to buy it cheap because it's illegal? I need more real info other than anons arguing over minutiae
>>
>>1695753
It depends how you do it.

I had a great idea to make a dropshipping site to sell off-brand star wars merchandise, but THAT is illegal. it's only allowed to be on aliexpress because they live in a hut in rural China and can't be prosecuted.

That's why so many anons are doing clothes.
>>
>>1695726
yes you need to fulfill the order your self, make sure you have the Oberlo Chrome extension and it will automatically redirect you to aliexpress and you will see it filling out the address of the customer. Orberlo has a video explaining the process
>>
Stop shilling your stupid shit Niger
>>
>>1695622
>>1695683
I was thinking about this as well.
>but here we need to get permission from the goverment first
Could you expand on this a little bit? Where is 'here'?

Also, would it be a road to disaster to rely on Google Translate for creating product descriptions and advertisements?
>>
>>1695906
It's just imagining, seems like no one actually tried.

do you think Google translator will do cope tons of customers claim about delayed shipping? well..

but no one knows the result before trying, though
'here' means South korea.here in korea It's not showing amazon or ebay's products when we search things. so It's not proper target if you are foreigner.
>>
>>1696221
In my opinion, to pick proper target foreign country,

1. It should be not using english (If they use english then they could use Aliexpress pretty easily as well)

2. It should be not having strick selling business law(like korea)

3. It should be placed near China so the shipping period could be short and quick.

4. It should be rich than China so you can sell product expensive than original stuffs

=
Russia(but Russians are already aware Aliexpress well),

Taiwan(Your head would explode before even trying to translate those dizzy Chinese characteristics),

Singapore(maybe have possibility, but there would be strick law before selling),

Japan (maybe, but maybe strick selling law?)

AUS/NZ (Have the most possibility, but they would be awaring of Aliexpress, maybe).
>>
>>1695622
just make a website, send your ads to americans, have the products shipped to america.

you dont have to be in the country that you're selling to. where you are in the world won't have any impact on your website; especially if you use an american hosting company.

t. european selling to americans
>>
if anyone's wondering how I went with cheapo I'll give an update.

I'm another $50 down, with 99% having only 1 pageview before leaving the site, I used facebook ads and targeted women between 25-65 who own a small dog or love dogs or whatever in Australia only.

I got like 20 likes and 8 comments on the ad but at least half those cunts who liked the item didn't even view it on my website. If anyone is wondering the item I advertised is a banana shaped dog bed.

Total waste of time, effort, sanity and money... at least for dog products
>>
I read the thread, but the start up for me is still unclear. Can anyone advise what platforms to use?
I've never created a site before. What I'd like to do is combine dropshipping products with an article-based site, like a blog.

So I just find a domain, a hoster and use wordpress? Does it matter which ones? I see wordpress has a thing with hosting and woocommerce. Ist here anything else, or another way to do it that is cost-effective?
>>
Can I promote a dropshipping website with facebook ads?
>>
>>1698685
In my limited internet marketing experience, one ad isn't good enough. Facebook ads especially are so inexpensive you should be running 5-10 at a time, so you can advertise multiple categories. Categories, not individual products. The words See More, And More, and other incentives to browse through the options on your site can lead to more sales.

And based on your other posts it sounds like the ad is pointing directly to the product page? You should at least point it to the home page with a featured thumbnail that lets them click through to your advertised product.

But again, I'm only used to managing online advertising for a manufacturer that sells to brick-and-mortars and some ecommerce. Drop shipping could have its own set of caveats.

But it sounds like you're only out to make more money from a little, if being -$50 is notable, and that means you're just another option in a sea of drop shippers.

A serious drop-shipper can set up a server to run 80-odd sites for different "niches" and automate it, but again that requires money and/or skill, where most people on here are just out to make a quick buck.
>>
>>1698849

Why would I try to ramp things up when I'm experiencing negative ROI, I was testing the waters and the waters seem to be quite bad.

Another person advised to point the ads directly to the product above if you read it.

I dropped $80 on testing the ads so far and believe it or not I'm not made of money so I can't continue to take losses on the chin mindlessly in the hopes things pick up.

I might try again and point the ads to categories, perhaps 2-3 ads concurrently and see how things go.
>>
>>1698872
Then at the rate you're going your chances of turning a profit are very low, if you turn one at all.

If you think the waters for pet supplies are bad, you're wrong, there's plenty of other places doing it, and doing it better.

Most people buying stuff for their pet online aren't just out to buy whatever looks good or is cheapest. They do their research, because they care about their pets, they're more likely to trust a site with reviews, with branded merchandise, or that isn't a run of the mill ecommerce store.

Quality of product is more important than the price for this niche. Your product descriptions need work as well, both the titles and the actual descriptions. "What if my dog chews up the banana bed? Is the fill inside harmful?" This knowledge can impact the customer's opinion of the item and help them decide if buying something "cheap" is worth it.

Plus if you look at the 2.5 million results for the same item, you can get a better idea of how to list it. This is true for anything from alibaba. http://lmgtfy com/?q=banana+dog+bed

Starting a business takes money, if you're not prepared to spend five hundred, a thousand, or even more on marketing and advertising to build an audience, you're just pissing money away.
>>
>>1698793
You are never going to succeed.
>>
>>1698872
What makes you think you can run a successful business if you have no business acumen?
You have to spend money to make money.
>>
>>1698959

>implying throwing money into a bottomless pit with no results is spending money
>>
>>1698981
What makes you think that's different from any other business? You think ads get a return every single time? There's no gurantee.

It's trial and error, and research, and more trial and error, and more research. Even when you find an ad and a demographic that works, it won't work forever. This is why most marketing and advertising accounts take up a decent portion of the budget.

If you can't afford to lose money, don't start a business. Take your losses as a learning experience for the next time.
>>
>>1684268
she is very clearly asian
>>
File: Screenshot_20161231-225708.png (204KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161231-225708.png
204KB, 1440x2560px
Okay. How do I fix this? I don't think my homepage is appealing at all. It's the theme, there aren't many to work with for free. And the themes online are like $100+

What should I do?
>>
File: bizParty.png (346KB, 1200x900px)
bizParty.png
346KB, 1200x900px
GET IN HERE, WE MARKET AND DROPSHIP:
https://discord.gg/rraZ9
>>
>>1675071
what software do you use?
>>
>>1684492
you selling younique moonstruck my nigga? or that new Kylie jenner shit
>>
>>1698872
can you show us your ad and your website?
maybe we can give tips
no ones gonna copy what you're doing because it sounds like it doesn't even work lol
>>
so i have a website http://www.apexishealth.com and i have google ads but im unfamiliar with how i should go about facebook ads, can anyone help?
>>
Can anyone dropshipping from Alibaba answer this?

I've used them in the past but shipping can take anywhere from 15-30 days with not much contact with the supplier. Finally when I get the package its has China Post written all over it. How can you dropship to customers with all these shipping problems?
>>
>>1702534
I had that problem 6+ years ago when I was dropshipping on eBay. What I would do is ship all of my orders to a distribution warehouse that got discounts on shipping due to their volume. Not sure if that helps you.

You could try looking for shipping agents on Alibaba to handle this for you if it is mutually beneficial. Just make sure you get picture proof to verify they are shipping out a decent volume, have employees (most "companies" are just people that do it from their home which probably won't work for you since large deliveries to apartments within China get lost a lot, especially big ones), and can show proof that they get shipping discounts through TNT, DHL, EMS, FEDEX, etc (who will all verify the legitimacy of their discounts with companies in China)
>>
>>1702534
I forgot to include that I would seek out discounts for expedited shipping so customers would get my items in 5-7 business days rather than 15.
>>
>>1702684
the problem i have with aliexpress expedited shipping is it costs like 20 bucks extra
>>
>>1675071
I made my first shopify sale recently.

How do I keep getting clicks and customers? I'm afraid business is gonna slow.
>>
>>1700141
You got a new invite? Interested in joining, been dabbling with FB ads/AdWords
>>
>>1678273

Only old people are on facebook. This retarded hippy new age crap aint for them. Plus they dont even know how to buy shit online.
>>
Good to see someone else in the dropshipping game. Also using Shopify along with Wordpress E-com to push 2,400 sales on avrg daily across 3 stores.

My advice to anyone, stick with Facebook ad's. Once you've fed your pixel and got to grips with pushing multiple Web conv ad's to a single product to scale it to the moon it all becomes second nature. When people say you have to pick a winning product ignore that BS you create a winning by audience selection and scaling it correctly and knowing when to drop your budgets to force advertising networks to work for you.
>>
>>1703883
how long have you been doing it to be at a stage where you get 2400sales/day?

how long were you at it before you found your formula and started to make a good profit?

do you use aliexpress?
what country/countries do you target? (i ask that because i wonder how much the delivery time affects people's willingness to buy, if they know it in advance)
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.