[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gold miners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

What does biz think about gold miner stocks as a way of weathering the coming (maybe) financial storm?
After 2008 fall, they rebounded fairly quickly. And currently they're trading at about 2002 levels, very low. Even lower than 2008.
Let the debate begin!
>>
Its overrated. Gold does not actually have 'intrinsic' value. It only has value because people think it works like cash but it really works like a stock.

But because people buy it during recessions it does work as a hedge to a point, but smart money uses it to endlessly speculate. So the value of gold rides on rich people making short term speculations and playing the futures market.
>>
>>1674157
People have been thinking that way for the last couple of thousabd years. That can't change now. Unless they find a planet made of gold.
I sincerely believe, i've found something to invest in at last.
>>
>>1674194
Its always worth money. It's not always worth what you paid for it. Look at long term prices for gold vs the value of currencies.
>>
>>1674157
But cash has intrinsic value?
>>
>>1674216
Gold is actually used in a wide variety of applications besides commerce, there is probably the largest jewelry but also electronics used it for it's quality of conduction and resistance to corrosion. Some people think it's a wise investment and who is to argue looking at history - unless your government takes it away from you to protect a proprietary currency system? Seems there will always be demand. I would be leery of paper gold stock because looks like a fractional gold reserve system is already in place. Investing in the physical gold or mining corps with good prospects might be safe. Is it a good time to buy now? Who knows but it's hard to go out and just find an ounce of gold for a thousand dollars worth of effort that's for sure.
>>
>>1674216
When its readily traded for goods and services and it's value changes maybe 3% a year it outperforms gold in terms of volatility, it has more intristic utility than gold.

If you really want intristic invest in commodities people actually need for the economy to survive. Copper, oil, grain, ect
>>
>>1674229
Jewlery? You want to bet your fortunes on the fasion industry? You want to bet your life on the electronics industry to buy your gold when more economical alternatives exist? You want to do that during a recession?

Look gold is fine if you're willing to take speculative risks but don't say its value is intristic. Try buying rhodium or iridium if you think rare strategic metals are secure investments. Demand for gold is almost purely speculative.
>>
>>1674255
My point was that nothing has intrinsic value, not even grain
The value comes from pepole wanting it, from them thinking it indeed has value, from supply and demand
>>1674229
I have already bought my gold but thanks anyway
There is 1 ounce of real gold for every 100 1 ounce certificates (if that)
Silver also has great potential
>>
>>1674111
Personally, JNUG is in a really attractive position for long term gains, but im not sure where the bottom will be. Personally, as the year ends, I plan on nibbling my way into a pile of it.
>>
>>1674266
The foundation of every great civilization started from grain so that's a horrible example but please continue
>>
>>1674111
over the long run they average less than the rate of inflation
>>
why not look at a chart and wait until it looks like it's put in a bottom at least?

or maybe wait until the dollar stops surging?
>>
I hear that silver kills vampires and werewolves. Sounds like a better investment than gold.
>>
File: 1481704495078.jpg (10KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1481704495078.jpg
10KB, 227x222px
>>1674799
>leveraged etf
>long term gains

you do this and you'll be in for one hell of a JUST
>>
I'm sitting on ABX right now, if gold starts hitting the ~1050's I'm going to buy some tasty looking AUY and TGD at these low prices even if it'll take sitting on them for another year or two to hit the next gold bull market. Most likely hitting 1500 this year or next, reminds me of january this year
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.