[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forensic Accounting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

I just watched the movie "The Accountant", it's a good movie, but what really intrigued me was the actual accounting part. The main character poured through tonnes of data, and was looking for mistakes, things that didn't fit. Albeit the movie didn't have much accounting in it, it was still incredulous.

I was wondering if Forensic Accounting is a good field to go into for the future? I was going to just study regular Financial Accounting, but this Forensic stuff looks much more interesting, and I like the danger factor involved. Not that it is a dangerous job, but that it could become a dangerous job because you'd have to testify and even visit places, it's very interesting.

>TL:DR
>What does /biz/ think about Forensic Accounting?
>>
>>1674016
lmao, in the other guys, will ferrel is a forensic accounting

yeah i bet its an exciting job

hahahaha
saega
>>
Bumping for accounting advice
>>
>>1674016
you won't be driving that car as an accountant pham.

unless you start your own firm...
>>
>>1674081

Why not 10 firms? 100?
>>
>>1674091
Why would you start 10 businesses doing the same thing?
>>
>>1674170

That's a really good fucking question, I wish I thought of this before saying it

Fuck.

I guess, I could start 10 different businesses doing the same thing in 10 different countries, so I could set up some sort of elaborate tax evasion scheme
>>
>>1674170
Because if nine out ten businesses fail;by opening 10 businesses it is guaranteed success!
>>
I heard it's pretty interesting.

Maybe just call a FA and ask them to tell you about the job.
>>
>>1674016
I think you have to do normal accounting first and then forensic accounting. I want to develop algorithms to detect errors in accounting and automate this stuff. Also check out the forensic accounting class in coursera.
>>
>>1674016
I can tell you from experience that forensic accountants fees are tremendous. Seems like a lucrative field
>>
>>1674016
accounting is one of the most needed fields in the FBI, but they usually want people with a lot of experience and diverse skills and talents

if you know a foreign language, you're already on a great start
>>
>>1674019
Isn't he an ISR agent in stranger than fiction
>>
File: receipts.jpg (198KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
receipts.jpg
198KB, 1024x768px
>>1674264
>I want to develop algorithms to detect errors in accounting and automate this stuff.

KEK, no it doesn't work that way. Forensic accounting is reading by hand (more often than not) every single shit receipt the client pours on you and documenting it meticulously.

picrelated will be your daily routine.
>>
>>1674016
it's a good field if you have a knack for it and like the process. you can make around £100k in the UK doing it including bonus. biz won't get you the answers you are looking for though.
>>
>>1674016
>I like the danger factor involved. Not that it is a dangerous job, but that it could become a dangerous job because you'd have to testify and even visit places, it's very interesting.

forgot to answer this point. it is not dangerous. 99% of it is corporate, you will likely have a career that doesn't go near anything underworld.
>>
>>1674754
Can confirm, spent a summer transcribing every fucking bank account and disbursement a small insurance company issued as part of a fraud case. Was a giant waste of time but OCR can't be relied upon to be accurate so it was necessary.
There were days when I had to remember how to blink because I would be constantly on the computer alt tabbing between a pdf and an Excel spreadsheet.
>>
>>1674185
Setting up individual businesses doing the same thing is a useful tool for tax avoidance.

How about different brands for different types of customer?

What about being your own competition?

Jesus christ, is this actually a business board? What a fucking joke.
>>
>>1674818

>he doesn't use window split

confirmed for never making it
>>
File: jw.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jw.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>1674016
It's intense AF I'll tell you Op

The CPA exam will push you hard but just remember we work hard but we also party hard. They payoff is worth it! Come join the league of extraordinary gentlemen at a big 4 auditing firm today.
>>
>>1675141

No need to window split when u haz 3840 x 2160 4k ips led screen across 34 inches

sweggy
>>
OP here

I'm more than pumped now, did a tonne more research last night, and this morning

Definitely what I want to do, thanks m8's and anons!
>>
File: Ciryl_doing_weapons_training.png (223KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
Ciryl_doing_weapons_training.png
223KB, 624x352px
>>1675440
>>
>>1675171
no matter how stupid you are, all the cpa exam requires is time to study

300-400 hours should be enough, so you can break it down to 1-2 hours a day all through your senior year
>>
>>1675691
>>1675440
Keep in mind you need a Bachelor's degree to sit for the CPA exam so you autists are probably out.
>>
Job probably looks like a shoebox full of receipts that one you finish organizing you find it that it's just the company's office lunch expenses.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.