[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Work your entire life, saving diligently and investing your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1481877129260.png (48KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1481877129260.png
48KB, 657x527px
>Work your entire life, saving diligently and investing your money in index funds
>some fucking boris steals your identity and all your money
>Bank refuses to help you for some retarded reason so you're left sitting fiddling your balls with your entire life savings gone

What can we do to prevent this?

This is my biggest fear ever.
>>
>>1673045
Realize that owning things is only an illusion.

Now move out into the woods and become a monk
>>
>>1673045
Buy gold.
>>
>>1673059
Physical gold can be more easily stolen.

Where would I keep a lifesavings worth of gold?
>>
>>1673045
try r9k
>>
>>1673047
Easy there henry
>>
>>1673045

Check the banks who you ave your money with insurance policy.
>>
>>1673074
>Check the banks who you ave your money with insurance policy.

They are generally very ambiguous. And these policies don't extend to your broker accounts.

I mean - I can't really expect them to replace millions. Plus how would they even...
>>
>>1673077
Most banks have a insurance policy for dealing with theft.
>>
>>1673045
Bitcoin and Monero
>>
>>1673084
>Most banks have a insurance policy for dealing with theft.

As I said they are generally quite ambiguous. Most are along the lines of "We will reimburse you, IF you took all "necessary security measures" ", and it's usually very ambiguous stuff that I don't even tihkn could possibly be checked or verified in any way.
>>
>>1673086
All this stuff is vague and broad so the banks can cover their bases. If you're really worried talk to some lawyers and legal professionals about what they think of the banks policies.
>>
>>1673104
Yesh but if they can cover their bases that means I can easily get fucked, does it not?

Although I suppose a bank wouldn't want the negative press associated ...
>>
>>1673045
Install qubes os on a t420. Create an os instance for every account. Spread risk across many accounts. Only upload your id to exchanges located in your country, etc. That is all.
>>
>>1673045
why wouldn't you ask your bank what happens in such a situation?
>>
>>1673070
what's is this "henry" meme?
>>
>>1673045
>What can we do to prevent this?
1. Don't keep all your money in one institution
2. Keep your money with institutions with strong fraud protections
>>
>>1673047

Pretty accurate.

Our "domain", "property", it's all an illusion that we fight to protect.

Occasionally that protection lapses.

Life has risk. Always.
>>
>>1674233
*sigh*
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.