[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shed your thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: SK.png (479KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SK.png
479KB, 768x1024px
Okay biz, I need advice. I'm kind of stuck in a shit predicament. In September, I got into a car accident. I got hit by a pub-lix semi truck on a highway. Long story short, they came to the conclusion that it was my fault. I had bare minimum insurance (pip) so they didn't cover my damages. (Here is where I need some advice) My car is fucked. I have no transportation to work or school. I have no family to help (besides mom which is where I live but she doesn't care to help me.) I don't have good enough credit to finance a car or even the funds if I wanted to. I don't have savings. I was working a shit part time job just to put gas in my car and to eat. now, I have been missing work due to lack of transportation. My gf is threatening to leave me. My life went down the drain ever since the dumb ass car accident. I just need a new car and all of my problems will go away. I'd know better and would save more and possibly get a second job while in college. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Thanks in advance peeps
>>
Who is "they" ?
>>
>>1672243
Police
>>
OK, first things first. Priorities. You need to continue school, and you need to continue work. The girlfriend is ancillary - if she'd leave you in this situation, well fuck her.

Is there any other way you can get to/from work and school? Can you carpool, bum rides, ride the bus, or even walk for a while? Can mom take you to work and pick you up? Can your "girlfriend"?

Focus, man. Focus.
>>
>>1672254
I've been walking but its tiresome. I have to leave HOURS before my scheduled time leaving me tired before even starting work. as for school, my college is extremely far. I can't car pool with anyone. I dont have too many friends lol. My mom works all day and now she doesn't trust me to drive her car. My gf doesn't have a car.
>>
>>1672239
Find someone at work that lives close, give em a few bucks a week for gas to get a ride. Might require you coming early or staying a bit later.

If works isn't too far get a bike, steal it, craigslist, or a thriftstore and some thick ass windbreakers/wet weather top and bottom.

A lot of times school's have a discount or free public transportation, utilize this.
>>
>>1672300

School is going to be an issue if it's that far. Look hard to see if there are commuter ride boards for the campus. Or it may mean putting it on hold for a year while you get your shit together again. Fall back, regroup.

>>1672300
If necessary, yes. Tough times require tough measures. Life is going to suck for a while. This will make you stronger and more determined in the future. You will laugh at all this some day.

BTDT. I fucked up my car and had to walk everywhere for 9 months while I was in school. I was fortunate enough to be able to walk to work, but grocery trips suuuucked. I laugh now.
>>
>>1672300
Not a bad idea. as far as getting grocery trips I'll be limited. However, I have considered public transpiration. Never actually road a bus. I may do this next semester. Having a car would be so much easier though.
>>
>>1672316
I agree. I'm happy for you. Can't wait until can do the same.
>>
>>1672239

You should have gotten a good PI lawyer immediately.

Those guys live on this shit.
>>
>>1672363
Don't have too much knowledge on the law. I got hit they said it was my fault so I took it and ran with it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.