[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your excuse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: doom2.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
doom2.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
The video game entertainment industry was created by outcasts most of who didn't have a stable home or even their own computers to start with.

Let's hear your bullshit story about why you can't be successful? What's holding you back, /biz?
>>
projected insecurity much?
>>
Waiting on earning enough for a car so I can get back into online retail.
>>1671729
This
>>
>>1671729
You tell me.

We have daily threads where people are bitching about their parents being financially stupid and not leaving them any money/not paying for education/car/first home/etc.. Just... what the fuck?
>>
>>1671752
This board is mostly filled with young, low self esteem people with poor work ethic
So no surprise
>>
>>1671727
yeah, just be a 1 in a million prodigy kid like John Carmack and create an entire new genre at the right moment
>>
>What's you excuse for not being like 0.1% of the population.

Fucking OP...
>>
>>1671727
Not the right time. Got myself into a little bit of a debt (10K), and gotta pay it off. After that I'll save a year's worth of expenses and gonna leave wagecuckery to work on my project with a bro (4-6 months for working MVP). Hoping to leave the bullshit behind for good, if not I'll wageslave for another year or two.
>>
>>1672276
>>1672260
Lol I just saw this. L O S E R S. Double that if you're in software, triple that if you're pajeets. What are you doing on this board if you're not hustling to the top?

The guys at id worked weekend marathons to get Wolfstein out, while still working full time jobs. They weren't the only ones either. Silverman and Sweeny were on their ass and make a shitload of money as well. Guys who made mods made money. In two years you'll be making threads "Missed the VR boat". Here's a hint - you actually need to be DOING something to miss it in the first place.
>>
making a game by yourself is extremely hard. even for an autist.

most people don't have the time or energy to invest 1-2 years into a game, most people see it as a stupid endeavor so forget about networking.

not saying there are autists that aren't capable of this, but they are probably using their talent somewhere else
>>
>>1671727
>Let's hear your bullshit story about why you can't be successful? What's holding you back, /biz?
I don't have a bullshit story: I know it's my lack of decisive decision making and lack of confidence in self-promoting that holds me back.

That's all on me, and I can fix it, I should fix it, should have fixed it long ago, will continue trying to fix it until it's fixed.
Yeahs sure it'd be easier if I was born rich, or if I went to a better school, or if my parents had the right connections... but at the end of the day the professional mountain I have to climb is the mountain I have to climb, and it's my mountain to climb, no one else's
>>
>>1672729
Do you think they are the only developers trying that hard to succeed? My point isn't that you shouldn't work hard, it's just unlikely you will become a millionaire in the process. I know people who work their asses off that don't even make as much as I do. Some people are dillusional that the harder you work, the more you will make. Sometimes you can only milk a cow so much, the key is to know which cow has the most milk.
>>
>>1671727
my excuse is im lazy and have no skills.. I just trade in shillcoins
>>
File: sadtoad.png (73KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
sadtoad.png
73KB, 412x351px
>>1671727

because I'm a stupid loser
>>
>>1672729
The guys in id software had John Carmack, a child prodigy with an special brain.

They could have never done shit without him. You always need that % element of luck to make a big change (in this case, having a prodigy in your team)
>>
>>1673220
This is true. Carmack is possibly the greatest game programmers of all time.
>>
>>1671727
Nothing. Working on it was 1 house and soon oil lease at a time.
>>
>>1671727
have no idea whats holding me back.
>im from a broken home
>I was bullied in school
>stephdad used to beat me
b-b-but thats all in the past
>>
>>1671727
I will sum up in one legendary line of code why all of us but the 0.01% top will suceed.

>i = 0x5f3759df - (i >> 1); // what the fuck?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_inverse_square_root

There are entire applied mathematics papers published in peer review journals trying to figure out how the magic number was found.

Fucking autism man.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.