[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is accounting going to die in the future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: int.jpg (22KB, 360x336px) Image search: [Google]
int.jpg
22KB, 360x336px
Is accounting going to die in the future?
>>
>>1671169
its dead, jim. way too automatized already.
>>
>>1671169

Accounting will never die, most lawyers just review due diligence and compliance, heck even knowing several languages is a plus for any accountant.

Automation can only go too far, you'll have to supervise that and inference, implicit meanings and abstract thought are out of the picture with reliable automation checks, machines can be exploited very easily. A second pair of eyes is always required so basically take the full money shot with accounting because its the very basis of having a foundational understanding in anything you do and pursue. Heck, Bloomberg wanted his daughter to pursue accounting and its often a basic starting point for /biz/ in general, you need those fundamentals to audit yourself instead of relying on a machine or external third party.
>>
no chance. real world accounting is way to messy to automate
>>
>>1671169
Well it's already automated and accountants are still around. The tools just got better.
>>
An accountant is basically going to become someone who manages programs that do the actual accounting
>>
>>1671270
The only reason its messy is because people don't keep track of their shit and dont want to report every single thing, if we phased out cash currency and it all became digital you wouldn't need accountants.
>>
>>1671305
>>>1671270
>The only reason its messy is because people don't keep track of their shit and dont want to report every single thing, if we phased out cash currency and it all became digital you wouldn't need accountants.

>The Jews actually want this
>>
>>1671339
I'm not making a claim on whether its good or bad, obviously there are perks and drawbacks
>>
>>1671305
There's a lot more to it than "people being messy".

Accounting will never be automitized. Low-level areas like payroll will slowly be replaced, but any audit/tax work requires too much professional decision-making and to be performed by a robot. We will reach Terminator 2 Judgement Day before we fully replace accountants.
>>
>>1671396
Or we could just reform the laws and regulations. I hope silicon valley makes some software that basically does accounting and lobbies congress to eliminate the regulations that keep accountants employed.
>>
It will get more complex, just as it has since the days of real spreadsheets and everything on paper.

You're going to need to be able to see trends and patterns in data, as well as the skills in statistical analysis decision making.
>>
>>1671305
>le humans are rational meme
>le automation is the only logical option meme
>>
>>1671305

Accountant here, can confirm. All the big corporations we audit only use cash. If they send millions of dollars via a digital bank wire we don't even have to look at it, but most corporations just send cash in an envelope or a bag (usually with a dollar sign on it so we know it's money), that's when accountants are most needed. If all companies stopped sending money via the cash bags I'm afraid there would be no need for me
>>
>>1671709

what line of business are you in?
>>
OP, here's a simple example of something I might need an accountant for: every year I convert a portion of my traditional IRA into a Roth IRA, which means it is available for withdrawal after a five year delay (but earnings are not). Further, I can directly contribute money to the Roth, but the amount that I can depends on my MAGI, which varies from year to year with capital gains/losses. This money cannot be withdrawn without penalty until I'm 59 1/2. At any given time, the answers to "how much can I put in?" and "how much can I take out?" require I look at several years of activity, some of which is in other accounts. I'll also want to know how these quantities will be affected by any actions I take today, such as further conversions, withdrawals, etc.

Every part of this which can be automated can be done by an Excel spreadsheet. Since Lotus 123 in 1990 there's been basically no progress in automating this kind of shit.

Somebody needed to decide to structure things this way, somebody needs to keep track of past history, somebody needs to decide what to do next (which may involve several subjective estimations of future income, what deductions might become available to me, marriage or divorce, home ownership, etc). I can do all of this myself but it's a nontrivial job and most of the work is simply translating the state of everything into human terms.

What part of this do you think will be automated in the near future?
>>
>>1671169
bookkeeping, yes
auditing, no
>>
Try using SAP OP, only accountants can understand that shit.
Legislation makes systems quite the complex tool, try to dick around and get bad financial states.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>1671218
>>1671305
Lol I seriously hope you guys don't think this
>>
>>1671728
Thanks for the insight.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.