[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone comment on getting a pharmD? I went with pharmacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1480801277086.jpg (300KB, 1020x1486px) Image search: [Google]
1480801277086.jpg
300KB, 1020x1486px
Can anyone comment on getting a pharmD?
I went with pharmacy instead of med because they start working a lot sooner although they make a bit less.
Is the job market really as shit as they say?
Forbes stopped listing pharmacist as a 10 ten job, replacing it with Software Engineer.
>>
software is a meme. drugs are forever.
>>
>>1669497
More and more pharm schools are opening up though
And getting accepted is becoming easier

When I was at my interviews I asked around and the highest PCAT (the pharm school admission test) score I got out of like 70 people overall was a 72 composite percentile.
I got a 95.
I'm afraid that pumping the field full of idiots is gonna ruin wages and the saturation will make it harder to get a job
>>
>>1669489
Pharmafag here. The job market saturated in many highly populated areas. New schools opened are recently pumping out new grads. The job market is thus not keeping up with the supply.

I wouldn't say it's horrible. I see no pharmacists not working as a pharmacist, but the trend is not very inviting.

Also unless you work for the VA, your "clinical" skills as a pharmacist even in a hospital are miniscule at best unless you're trying to impress other lesser pharmacists.

Overall the pay is pretty sweet and it's a clean area of healthcare. The requirements to do non-retail jobs though are growing. More employers are wanting residencies and board certifications.
>>
>>1669510
This

The requirements to get in are now a joke compared to even a few years ago. The schools are a business and need a proper body count. While it's good that there's less attendees, overall it makes the profession worse because there's still a million retards out there who will now be "doctor"
>>
>>1669511
>More employers are wanting residencies

This is actually making me very nervous.
Having a PGY2 makes you essentially unemployable in retail pharm (where 95% of the jobs are) and funnily enough you can't even get a job in your specialty because they'll just get another sucker "resident" to do the work for 30k.

Residency is a meme and it's probably gonna stay that way
My main issue is saturation. The field is full of these idiots who are unemployable but still contribute to the supply, lowering wages and making it harder for me to pay my loans off.

Like if you have a 2.9 GPA coming out of undergrad, how the fuck do you expect to handle grad level courses like biochem and pharmaceutics?

By the way, how old are you, and if you don't mind could you tell me how in debt are were/are and how much of your salary goes to taxes?
Thanks
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.