[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I succeed in the movie business?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

How do I succeed in the movie business?
>>
>>1669289
You should try making movies and marketing them to the public.
>>
>>1669289
You should try making movies and marketing them to the public.
>>
File: 1469030947930.jpg (676KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1469030947930.jpg
676KB, 1366x768px
>>1669289
Be a Jew, be related to a Jew, be friends with a Jew, Jewish summer camp, fuck a Jew, marry a Jew, and be very liberal politically.
The non-guaranteed route of course is:
Work on small independent projects, network with other creative types, build a resume of completed works, stay active in the movie making community, if a writer apply to network fellowships, when opportunities present themselves try to take them even if it might suck, live in New York/LA, make a Jew friend or two, be a super left leaning liberal.
>>
>>1669316
pretty much this and I'm not even joking.

unless you're jew or gay you have as much luck of breaking into the movie business than getting struck by lighting twice.
>>
>>1669316
How about if you put stein on your last name.
>>
>>1669379
It worked for Whoopi Goldberg.
>>
1. get funding for a movie
2. hire staff and cast for movie
3. shoot movie while hyping the fuck out of it
4. sell license to movie theatres
5. profit

step 1 is the hard part
>>
Behind the camera, Not very hard.

In front of the camera, very hard.

My brother is a successful cameraman and director. I've been assistant camera on a few major films.

What you want to know.
>>
>>1669289

>be Jewish
>have connections
>>
File: images.jpg (17KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 259x194px
>>1669735

This. So very much this.
>>
File: well i'll be darned.jpg (115KB, 388x388px) Image search: [Google]
well i'll be darned.jpg
115KB, 388x388px
>>1669316
Come to this thread to post this. He isn't joking.
>>
idk about the movie business but the commercials business is safer

for that you will need to git gud wit aftereffects lightroom and sony vegas
>>
Unless you're a minority in LA or NY you don't.

And even they struggle. I know this fag, he's friends with someone who is a PA and worked on Birdman, the guy is working as a web designer for a startup.

This fat chcik who is a film programmer for a local festival with a craptastic film degree is handing out classes in a high school.

It's really fucking hard unless you live in LA, are a Jew or the old fashioned nepotism.

European cinema isn't. But outside of France and the occasional Eastern European hit nobody gives a shit. I'd prefer Cannes over Hollywood any day though
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.