[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you guys so bitter? Stock market is literally free money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1475241988358.jpg (305KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475241988358.jpg
305KB, 1620x1080px
Why are you guys so bitter? Stock market is literally free money
>>
>>1668129
>bitter
I don't know about you, but I'm up over $3,000 today.
>>
>>1668129
It's difficult to get past the initial rough period(s). There's "info" on how it conceptually works, and you can know exactly how it works, but it's not as easy as just doing it because in reality nobody is holding your hand.

I'm sure a lot of /biz/raelis could become millionaires if they had an actual teacher, but self-help is difficult when pages you find about it amounts to "I dunno, buy low sell high, or short high bruh its easy get into it lol faggit". Even the "serious" sites aren't going to show you enough to get started and actually become successful. It takes a while of struggling before you can really become successful, and this is where the ridiculous numbers come from when they discuss new people in the market (I forgot, but they always quote some number, "90% of people who try fail!") - it's easy to learn but hard to master.

Personally, I made 25+25% over two weeks on my first real money account, then lost ~50% because I was an idiot and thought I should follow the "advice" to put a stoploss over night. Well, I would've made my target and more, it just up, touched just above where I had put the stoploss, and dropped way down. My mistake was an initial bad entry (trading just to trade), and using a stoploss when I had devised a method that wouldn't need it. After that, I gained some back trying that method (hedging the pair with itself until it moves in my direction, basically), just to see if it actually worked. After that, I stopped trading, despite only eating into a bit of my original balance and actually having succeeded except for the one big mistake.

I traded EURUSD AND GBPJPY, both of those were positive overall. The loss was on a pair I only traded a total of two or three times. I know I'm good enough at it to trade it, I have a decent (shitty in implementation, but good in function) platform and broker, so what am I waiting for? No idea.

TL;DR I don't fucking know. Lack of motivation?
>>
>>1668167
i trade forex too. if i were to blindly follow my system it would work. but sometimes i need to make subjective adjustments based on volatility. and then i don't get fucked but i basically chop my gains in half or worse.

>so what am I waiting for? No idea.
the problem is account size. if i were to have double my capital right now, i could easily trade without worry. but sometimes i cut close to margin based on expected volatility. note i've never actually been margin called. it's just you need to calculate and account for that possibility.

the most important thing is that you have a provable system and a high win percentage. that will give you confidence moving forward. i've actually only had 1 losing trade over the last 6 months.
>>
>>1668219
My "system" was just price action with some indicators (DMI, Donchian channel and maybe some EMAs), but it worked well enough. I'd often move stoplosses to break even after they had moved somewhat comfortably past, and so I'd end up with some trades doing very little, but I wouldn't lose money either. On some, it'd go exactly as predicted, and then I'd double down half-way to my take-profit.

For me, I had some girlfriend trouble that hit around then and earlier as well, so I was just not in a mood to start again after I had this minor setback. Since then, I've been NEETing it up and I just can't find the motivation to get into it again.. can't find the motivation to get into anything. One problem since the failure there was also that I was shown a different system that makes sense (broker offered free seminars with a third-party trading/teaching company), but that is so slow to find opportunities to trade with that I just lose motivation. It's safer and reliable I'm sure, but it's so slow. Somehow that made me lose some faith in my own method, which was basically price action and just going by how the candlesticks looked together with some trend data (+ larger timeframe).

Anyway, I'm going to try to get into monitoring it between 13-15:30. If I could stay active those hours, and trade, I would likely make money.

/blog, sorry, I have nobody to talk to about this. "Normal" people find it incredibly boring.
>>
>>1668248
normal people don't understand what compound interest does. they lack the ability to think abstractly and deeply. i don't care about normal people and neither should you.

my system keeps me out of trades that are not high probability. i might only make 1 or 2 trades a month on the low end. that's fine. because i'm actually able to walk away from the computer and hold for a few days and the position plays out.

i no longer use indicators. pure price action. best of luck to you.
>>
>>1668129

Free money is an oxymoron
>>
>>1669216
Free as in open, orbiting.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.