[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 51TXY5yV7bL._SY355_.jpg (30KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51TXY5yV7bL._SY355_.jpg
30KB, 355x355px
>open bank
>Friend opens another bank
>Have $1
>loan $9 to friends bank cause of fractional reserve banking
>friend has $9, loans be $81
>loan friend $729
>repeat until we are billionaires

How would this fail?
>>
>he thinks they just gonna let him open a bank like that
>>
what is fucking solvency
>>
>>1667353
Not sure I follow you, OP. You have $1, so a fraction of that stays in your bank and you loan out, say, $0.80. A fraction of that stays in your friends bank and he loans you $0.64. So now you have $0.20 + $0.64, that's $0.84. Don't see how this scheme would work.
>>
>>1667353
How could you loan $9 if you only have $1?

You do not have a fundamental grasp on how banking works.
>>
>>1667376
>>1667453
>What is fractional reserve banking?
>>
>>1667953
(You) clearly don't know what it is, yeah
>>
>>1667987
Are you retarded.
>>
>>1667353
I think the only thing stopping you is that when you go to register yourself as a bank they check if you're jewish, and if you're a Rothchild.

If not, then you're not allowed, peasant.
>>
>>1667953
Fractional reserve banking is when a deposit is made, the bank is able to spend a fraction of your money, while at the same time you still have all your buying power. So if you deposited $1, the bank could loan out, say, $0.80, and you can still spend $1.
>>
>>1668163
Fractional reserve banking means the bank can spend like 9x more than you deposit or some shit
>>
>>1667953
TOPKEK m8.

b-bu-but Muh shill coins and stocks...
>>
>>1668373
The bank RESERVES a FRACTION of your money. Even if the reserve requirement was zero, the bank can only lend 100% of your money, unless they leverage your money, but that's called leverage, not fractional reserve banking.
>>
>>1668502
But can't you see the duplication occuring here?

IF i deposit $100...

And the bank uses that $100 for something...

And then turns around and lends that $100 again out to someone else..

They've literally pulled $100 out of their ass.

So following OP's example; They could lend the second set of $100 out to another bank.. then sell whatever they bought, and lend another set of $100 to the other bank.

Now the other bank has $200.

They can spend that $200, on again some other product, and again lend out the $200 to the first bank. (which now has $200 and can pay the customer which deposited $100)...
>>
>>1668527
what is fucking solvency
>>
>>1668527
>IF i deposit $100...
>And the bank uses that $100 for something...
>And then turns around and lends that $100 again out to someone else..

You can't lend out something you don't have.
>>
>>1668539
>>I've never taken a macroeconomics course
>>
>>1668502
no it isn't. fractional reserve banking means the bank can lend out more money than it has deposited. between 9 and 12 times worth depending on the country and bank. if you deposit $1, the bank can lend $9.

if it doesn't make sense, then welcome to your first redpill.
>>
wew lad @ thread
>>
>>1668531
One goes bankrupt, the other runs away with the virtual money;

You know; like Lehman brothers and goldman Sachs.
>>
>>1669156

This pretty much

>tfw people on biz don't know that 97% of what we call 'Money' is actually credit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.