[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody here into Affiliate Marketing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (14KB, 346x146px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 346x146px
So check out my idea, I just created a page in which you can pay $1 for me to be able to put a direct link of whatever product or services you are affiliated with. I plan to accept unlimited links so I'll be posting them on a daily basis. I really think it's a $1 well spent because if the site goes viral and heavy traffic people can browse through the links and actually buy something so that $1 will work for you forever or until the page goes down.

The address of the page is www.theaffiliatewall.com and I would like your opinion guys. What do you think? Is this just stupid?
>>
Its not a bad idea - but you are going to have a hard time getting people to pay you $1 because people dont know your skills - Other ways to use affiliate marketing - For example I teach people how to make money , they dont have to pay me anything onlything i ask is that they use my affiliate link, once they do that as long as they are making money i get a small percentage of their success - everyone wins
>>
I'm not selling any skills. Just a space for your link in my page. That's it.
>>
File: meme14.png (173KB, 958x337px) Image search: [Google]
meme14.png
173KB, 958x337px
>>1667170
Why would anyone browse this with the intent to buy anything? You seriously think people interested in buying something are going to scroll through (theoretically) pages of affiliate links likely padded with sketchy links to find the product they're looking for?
>>
Well, this guy did... people still paid $1 for that. Check it out,
http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/

You can google about it too the $1 pixel millionaire
>>
>>1667180
so it is not your idea, you're just rehashing an old idea thinking you can repeat his success
>>
Hollywood does it all the time (rehashing ideas) and most of the time they suceed. People like success stories.
>>
>>1667199
well i appreciate your optimism, put it up, can't hurt to try

hosting and a domain name are cheap
>>
It's already up. Check it out.
www.theaffiliatewall.com
>>
>>1667199
This isn't even on that level though. Beyond the fact that you're doing this 10 years after he did, with literally thousands of clones trying to replicate that success, yours just makes no sense.
The whole point of the Million Dollar Homepage was that it was limited to a certain number of pixels and that it was 1 page. You expect people who are going to buy things to scroll through thousands of links of affiliate shit to find the product they want?
>>
Ok what about if i change it to like One Million dollar links page where it's just limited to links and the purpose is to break a record of having a page with one million links? Would that make a bit more sense?
>>
File: 1479012505151.jpg (535KB, 1556x1720px) Image search: [Google]
1479012505151.jpg
535KB, 1556x1720px
>>1667228
Not trying to roast you here but I do affiliate marketing full time through Amazon and other networks and I can tell you that there is no value in this for any affiliates besides novelty. With regards to novelty you're basically copying the idea of the MDH but in a way that doesn't have the appeal of the original (everything being visual and on one page in a way that anyone can see). I really don't see why you're doing this for affiliate marketing anyway as opposed to general market as there's really no extra value for affiliates (the traffic your site gets will presumably not be targeted to affiliates' niches and so it's extraordinarily unlikely that they would make a sale from the link).
>>
>>1667199
>People like success stories.
There's also a thing called "tall poppy syndrome" and schadenfreude.

your Hollywood analogy is either stupid or willingly naive, Hollywood can rehash any crap they want because of bulk selling deals and long relationships they have with exhibitors, not to mention hundreds of millions of dollars they spend on advertising for each film.
Not to mention most of their films are now based on known properties, they leverage the names and fanbases. You're just ripping off something without being able to leverage it's reputation, doing it with less ambition which makes it less attractive to the press
>Hint: his got press because it was "million dollar homepage" not the boring old 'affiliate wall'. Hollywood films are also "high concept"

Not only that, but what's your promotion strategy? How much money are you going to sink into selling this thing? Have you thought about your pitch to journalists?

Shilling on 4chan ISN'T a PR strategy.
Why doesn't anyone on /biz/ think analytically before posting their dumb ideas? Analytical thinking is free!
>>
>>1667170
You should have it randomly display links when the page is opened instead of showing all of them in a list
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.