[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say you're given the full-time labor of the world's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: cloud-5.jpg (210KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
cloud-5.jpg
210KB, 1440x960px
Say you're given the full-time labor of the world's most capable software engineer and computer scientist for a short period of time, say 1-3 years. The only flaw: he has precisely zero creative capacity outside of the task he's given.

What do you have him develop or invent for you that would provide the greatest payoff?
>>
Machine learning algorithms for finance. Or bioinformatics algorithms for faster genome sequencing.
>>
>>1667061

Specifically which parts of finance? A lot of the big players are currently investing a lot of money into machine learning for finance.
>>
Design an program that collects all world economic data and produces accurate data on stock price forecasts and autonomously leverages it to short General Motors.
>>
>>1667067

Is this data available anywhere?
>>
>>1667066
Yeah it's the current hotness. So, in this case, I would say have the guy make something that can heuristically guess other's traders positioning or take positions based on market movement - basically an algorithm that feeds off other's actions rather than underlaying securities,
>>
>>1667053
I need a program that allows me to in real time alter the genes in trillions of human cells. I need the software to control the process with latency being the biggest problem.
>>
>>1667072

That's interesting! Do you already have ideas on potential sources to use as a live stream of data for such a system?
>>
>>1667077
This is kind of what I was getting at. Gene data and real time are not going to happen with current tech. Data sizes are too large to efficiently solve without a breakthrough algorithm, or cutting the problem space down and working with probabilities. My pet theory is quantum computations could solve this problem w/o latency if you structured it right. Sadly even quantum computers right now are far from useful. Is yours actually a real problem or just hypothetical to this thread?
>>
>>1667053
A smartphone fart app
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.