[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to pick some electives, help me /biz/ C++ or visual basic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1360693774239.jpg (77KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1360693774239.jpg
77KB, 800x600px
I have to pick some electives, help me /biz/

C++ or visual basic
and
intro to stick welding or industrial networking
>>
>>1666977
c++ and industrial networking.
>>
>>1666980
Don't listen to him.

Go with Visual Basic and stick welding. You could be an underwater welder slash computer hacker into Russia's oil system
>>
>>1666980
wtf is industrial networking anyway
n introductory Industrial Network + Data Communication course as it relates to the Information Technology, Computer Science, Logistics, Distribution, Engineering, Electrical Mechanical and Mechanical Industries. The course introduces communication technologies critical to the subsequent success in studies related to Manufacturing, Distribution and Automation Industries. Topics include, but not limited to: PLC communications, Data Highway, Machine Communication and Security.
>>
>>1666977
c++. VB is generally pretty poor, its never taught well ends up being just cruddy windows api winform programming. c++ might teach you more about data structures, etc

If you've never welded before take that class. Its a cool skill to have. My dad taught me.
>>
>>1667040
emphasizes the essential aspects of creating the graphical user interface of a Visual Basic Windows program. The student also will learn fundamental aspects of coding a VB. NET program, along with more advanced topics such as manipulating MS Access databases, sequential file processing, error handling, and data validation. Software is provided to students.
>>
>>1667060
Yeah ok, it's just winform programming. If you've never programmed before they are going to cram a ton of stuff your way that only works in the windows environment. That's fine if you don't want to learn programming. If you're interested in more take C++. It will be a better teacher and you'll learn more general purpose.lower level cs techniques that will apply to everything.
>>
>>1667065
C++ it is

am I gonna be able to get a tech job with ECE degree
>>
>>1667079
Ok. It's harder but you will learn much more.

And I don't know. I went to univ in '99 for CE, dropped that after a year due to life problems from social isolation, dicked around for a few more years, got a CS degree but now just do marketing and bizdev mostly. Ask the univ counselors for recent grads contact info and see how they are doing.

From what I remember, EE and CE was the track for hardware development, chip design, industrial control etc. If those jobs still exist in your area then you will likely need the degree to get started in them.
>>
>>1667106
i work for a tier 1 auto supplier and am getting an electromechanical engineering degree but I only have to take 2 more classes for the ECE so I'm gonna do that as well

Seems like my options are all over the place cause these degrees touch on like everything

>tfw jack of all trades master of NONE
>>
>>1666977
>visual basic

are you serious?
>>
>>1667115
Cool. Yeah, sounds like you're as close to general purpose hardware design as you can get. You'll be able to fit in anywhere. My advice would be ask around in your industry to see what's coming in the pipeline and start focusing on that. Spare time personal projects, get a guy at work to mentor you, that kind of thing. Then you're able to offer something specific for the project.
>>
>>1667120
I just want to make 70k/yr with no stress and little overtime

I wouldn't mind working at the auto plant but fuck the hr commute or moving to BFE
>>
>>1667124
yea>>1667119
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.