[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling Precious Metal Coins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1942-42-over-41-mercury-dime.jpg (99KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
1942-42-over-41-mercury-dime.jpg
99KB, 800x582px
I have THOUSANDS of silver dimes, nickels, Quarters and Silver dollars.

I want to sell them and cash out.

Question is, should I sell them now or should I sell them when and if silver goes back up?
>>
is the value of said coins in their silver, or their collect ability? Obviously if the former than wait.

Take like 20 examples, see their price history and then compare to price of silver..Analyse and you have your answer.
>>
Have you looked at coins on ebay?

there are websites devoted entirely to people trying to sell their old silver coins.

there is a huge inventory of old silver coins out there that no one is buying

there are a few very specific, very rare coins that collectors want. Go through your coins and separate out the ones minted in Carson City. You will be able to sell those.
>>
As scrap? Dont sell in a downslide dummy

As collectables? Have you considered reading a book on silver dimes?
Some are highly sought after and will fetch well above spot price.
>>
>>1667635
yeah, the price of silver is really fucking low right now. You should be buying silver, not selling it.
>>
>>1666219
How did you come across such a collection?

Anyway, check for keydates; those are where the money is.

Like other guys said, you'll probably want to wait for silver to rise quite a bit before you cash out.

If you must have some money right now, then cash out no more than half of the "junk" silver coins.

Oh, and if you didn't already know, DO NOT clean any coin, especially with brasso or shit like that. It kills numismatic(collector) value.
>>
>>1666219
>I want to sell them and cash out.

Others in this thread have stated that the price of silver is low and may go higher. I suspect that you've done some research into the spot price of silver bullion and have an inkling of whether you're willing to accept selling silver at the current spot price or not.

However, the big issue is this. You're saying that you want to sell and cash out. That is a valid reason for selling, actually, since it's unknown what price silver bullion will be selling for 1, 3, 5, or 10 years down the line. Evidently, you feel you have a better use for the money (an investment that gives you a better return, personal expenditures, etc.) you would raise from selling the coins than holding onto them.

As others have said, though, it might be worthwhile to look through the coins and see if any of them have substantial numismatic value. I'm assuming that these aren't "junk silver" coins that are in pretty poor condition? Junk silver has typically been culled of any really good coins.

Perhaps they were coins amassed by a relative who passed them on to you? If so, it's probably worth it to look through the coins to see if there are some really good ones.

Now for my opinion on the price of silver. I think silver prices are going to go up quite a bit during a Trump presidency. Inflation is starting to pick up and that's been reflected in commodities over the past few weeks. Silver has a commodities behavior to it in addition to a monetary behavior. As commodities rise in price, I believe silver will, too.

But if you've got a really good investment (10+% nominal), I would be surprised if silver can give you better returns than the good investment.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.