[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does he do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1463925401046.jpg (71KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
1463925401046.jpg
71KB, 800x530px
What does he do
>>
File: 1475524100489s.jpg (9KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1475524100489s.jpg
9KB, 250x226px
>>1666126
he is the face of F1, only needs to keep himself alive, while fucking the absolute 10's er day.
>>
nothing, just like all rich people
>>
I'll post some choice quotes when I get home but basically he does deals and puts out press statements full of absolute lies so he can come back and claim he was misquoted while at the same time gaining leverage over who he's making a deal with.

He also is a hardcore nickle and dime guy, once I think it was Colin Chapman at a party who told Mario Andretti he would pay him 1000 dollars if he would throw Bernie into the pool, Andretti at first agreed then sidled up to Bernie:
>What are you doing?
>Colin said he'd pay me $1000 if I threw you into the pool
>Give me $500 of it and I'll jump into it for you!
>>
>>1666735
>Among Ecclestone’s axioms and aphorisms:
>“Apply pressure while the other party is still adding up the sums.”
>“Use other people’s money.”
“>Just do it, and we’ll sort it out after.”
I like this next one:
>“Let’s not have a meeting, let’s have a decision.”
>“In business, there are no friends.”
>“If you’re going to rob a bank, make sure there’s money in the vault.”
>"Delegation is the art of accepting second best" would become one of his favourite phrases.
> "act now, threaten later"

>Bernie once told a friend of mine, a senior F1 designer, that his used car lot was on top of a hill. He would tell the punter that he had to go to the post office so why not combine the two, the punter could test drive the car and if he liked it, they would clinch the deal. The point was that the post office was at the bottom of the hill and the car worked fine, when assisted by gravity.

There's a great story about how when the other side of the negotiating table would go out to talk in private into another room, Bernie would rummage through the waste paper basket looking for the notes they wrote another. There was also the time when negotiating with the Argentine Junta where they left a tape-recorder in the room to spy on his side's discussions Bernie *accidentally* broke it
>>
>>1667028
Now if you're wondering how he became the supremo of the world's highest rating sports league, here's how

>In the Seventies, Ecclestone was the owner of Brabham and saw an opportunity. At the time, each Formula One team manager negotiated his team’s financial terms separately. Ecclestone offered to negotiate on their behalf for a two per cent commission fee. Harassed and busy managers, mostly former engineers and drivers, were happy to be relieved of this tedious task and gave the Brabham boss the authority to represent their interests. Soon the distribution of all the revenue was controlled by Ecclestone, who had foreseen the lucrative rights to televise the Grand Prix races.

The story goes is he offered the teams each a share of ownership, but for the reasons above they declined, that's why FOM, the company in the process of being acquired by Liberty Media gets all the revenues associated with Formula One, and out of that pays the FIA and the Teams through the two column structure.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.