[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On the verge of making some big mistakes financially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1481422499951.jpg (85KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1481422499951.jpg
85KB, 720x405px
I live frugally and dont go out at all, don't buy clothes, don't even have friends to go out with. All I do is work then come home and shitpost on 4chan. I've managed to save quit a bit of money over the last 6 months (£2500) and I'm thinking of blowing it all.

Basically, I'm 23 and can't even drive, no license either, live in a rented flat and wear old wornout clothes when I'm not in my work suit.

I'm so behind all my peers who all have degrees, new cars (wtf how), dress well, go out often with friends and still travel often.

I want to blow all my savings just to catch up, thoughts?
>>
>>1664653
>biz told me saving money is the way to get rich
ok, blowing that little bit of money isn't going to help you 'catch up.' Not even close.

most of your friends are living on credit. Also it doesn't matter how much you save if you don't earn anything. Work on getting a better job. Work on getting a second job. Work on getting some credit. Hold onto your little bit of britcash, you certainly worked for it.
>>
>>1664653
You will regret it immensely. You need to reach out to people and build relationships if you're so depressed about it, not throw around well-earned money impulsively.
Put it in an index fund or some shit.
>>
>>1664668
this, most people are poorfags just living off credit, myself included

i mean as long as you can sustain it youre "middle class" but reality is we are allporrfag
>>
Surely one of your first tasks is to get a driving licence and go through some driving tuition?

Only spend that money on stuff that will make your life have more potential. Invest in yourself, your skills and your talents.
>>
I'm 22 years old.

I saved up and bought a used car for $2,100 in cash rather than financing a new one like 99% of people do, wasting money.

I buy clothes at Walmart and surplus stores. I get a pack of 12 shirts at a military surplus store for $49.99. I wear cheap Wrangler pants and steel toe work boots instead of having multiple pairs of $100 tennis shoes that are uncomfortable but looks cool.

I don't pay for internet. My neighbor has one of those Xfinity Wifi things on her router so I just sign into my Grandma's account.

I spend $50/month on a Straight Talk phone instead of hundreds on Verizon, Sprint, or whatever.

I don't pay for TV. I use subreddits to find streams for sports, and there's websites where you can stream movies and tv shows. Or I just use my Amazon Prime.

I only buy food that's on sale, and I stock up on it.

I only take home about $2,000 a month and I'm able to actually be a consumer on things I do enjoy because I live frugal on other things. 99% of people spend $2K on laptops and cell phones. I spend $2K on fishing gear. People spend their weekends playing video games and posting half nude please don't be a pig boys slutty pictures on Instagram. I go to the beach, go cruising on my motorcycle, or go camping.

You should waste your money to fit in. You should prioritize what you enjoy in life, cut back on other things, and enjoy those hobbies.
>>
>>1664720
Martin Shkreli?
>>
I was thinking of dropping next months paycheck on a sleeve tattoo, something normies have as an expression of self, something cool and interesting.
>>
File: dw shiggy.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dw shiggy.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>1664785
Yikes anon, you need some help.
>>
Anyone got some more frugal advice?

For vice faggots.
>make your own booze
>roll your own cigs
>>
>>1664936
Rent a bedroom instead of full apartment to yourself

Get a dual sport or 250cc cruiser to daily drive and save on gas
>>
>>1664744
more like martin smelly amirite
>>
>>1664653
>I'm so behind all my peers who all have degrees, cars, travel

Those guys are outliers. Focus on yourself. Not others. Keep on saving. Get a drivers license or educate yourself or whatever.
>>
>>1664811

What's wrong with art? And to update the thread I'm test driving a BMW I'm planning on leasing tomorrow, £320 a month...
>>
File: 1397340375079.jpg (52KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1397340375079.jpg
52KB, 500x558px
>>1666403

>no license
>lease a BMW
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.