[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only gave his children 90k what is his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1470642038212.jpg (899KB, 2200x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1470642038212.jpg
899KB, 2200x1395px
>only gave his children 90k

what is his problem?
>>
>>1664161
The social network they inherit is far more lucrative than any money he gives them.
>>
he spent the rest on coke & whores
>>
Why do you owe your children any further obligation when you're dead?
>>
>>1664177
This.

Most 2nd generation businesses fail because the children don't give a shit about it. They sell everything you worked hard for so they can buy a new boat or renovate their fantasy man cave.

As soon as I get cancer and know I won't be surviving it, I'm gonna sell everything and travel the world. Why should I keep it for my kids to sell and do the same thing?
>>
>>1664181
Wrong. Look at the president-elect.
>>
i'm sure he'd pull some strings to get them a small loan of a million dollars if they require it.
>>
>>1664190
>Most
reading comprehension my guy. exception, not the rule.
>>
>>1664190
>1 person proves statistics are false
>>
>>1664191
He didn't . The 90k was in BRK stocks and the musician son sold them to fund his band and about 15 years later he asked his father for some more and got nothing
>>
>>1664198
The musician son from what I can remember has the best relationship with Warren, too. He doesn't feel like W owes him anything.
>>
nouveau riche rarely raise their kids right and can't trust them with money
>>
>>1664161
considering I live off $3k a year, he was generous
>>
>>1664254
How do you do so?
I'm going to assume you live at home or have already paid off a house. I'll also assume you use public transport.

Disregarding regional variations in food prices, a grocery cost of approximately 50 a week puts you nearly at that threshold. What further expenses do you have, and what's your salary like? Also, most importantly, what do you do for fun?

I'm interested in the concept of people living well beyond their means.
>>
File: warrenbuffett_600x400.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
warrenbuffett_600x400.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
>>1664161
He doesn't want to rob his children of the chance to make their own fortune. Any more than $90k would make it too easy.

Berkshire Hathaway owns a large number of subsidiaries, I went and visited some of his companies yesterday. I even made a video about it, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWDUMZINI40
>>
He's insane. For real.
>>
>>1664181
The solution is having lots of children and selecting one heir out of the best.
>>
>>1664468
47 seconds in and had to stop watching. Wasn't terrible but questioning a fucking cashier about Warren Buffett just went full autism.
>>
>>1664583
name one genius that ain't crazy
>>
>>1665452
Mike Love
>>
>>1664161
They are the children of Warren "FUCKING" Buffet. He could make them pay for dying and they would still have it easy enough.
>>
>>1664167
yeah $KO & whores
>>
>>1664167
>"If I eat 2700 calories a day, a quarter of that is coke." - actual quote from Warren Buffett
>>
>>1664190
i read that if he had put his inheritance into S&P 500 he would be richer than he is now
>>
>>1664167
If that were true, it would make me happy to hear for some reason
>>
>>1664181
Make sure you let your kids know so that they don't have to bother knowing you.
>>
>>1664181
>Why should I keep it for my kids to sell and do the same thing?

As a father I'd happily give my kids enough to have a fun life.

I find it strange when people feel their kids owe them something and that as parents you don't owe your kids anything. It was me and my wife's choice to have children and I feel like its our duty to support them even in adulthood. Not to give them everything on a plate necessarily but enough so that they don't see any real hardship.

I guess its just different perspectives from different families. My dad bought me a small flat when I was 18. I didn't ask for it. he just wanted to give me a good start in life. Even now as a grown adult he would still help me financially If I needed it. I have never asked for anything and I have never needed anything but the offer was always there.
>>
>>1664625
sounds like a good idea
>>
his kids inherited bbk shares from their grandfather in the 80s

today they would be valued at $150 million
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.