[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bloomberg terminals for Commodities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Guys one question: I know that Bloomberg offers those superexpensive hardware terminals with tons of information about stock markets.
Question: Does such a thing exist for commodities?
If so, how much does it cost?
Is it a fixed fee or per information?
Where would someone get information to make reasonable decisions when trading with commodities (read: avoid gambling)?
>>
>>1664063
wut. bloomberg terminals also have commodities data.
>>
>>1664063
I think it's about $20,000 a month.

You won't have access to one unless it's through work or a well-equipped university (probably restricted to students).

It's not anything you need, or with special, exclusive information. It just makes your life easier by integrating a whole load of data.
You get a live-price feed, news updates + alerts, statistical data and charts compiled in a few seconds, pricing history that can be quickly ported to an Excel sheet.
>>
>>1664063
>Where would someone get information to make reasonable decisions when trading with commodities (read: avoid gambling)?

Come again?
Are you asking for something, that for a fee, spits out surefire investment tips?

Get a stockbroker.
>>
>>1664080
no, not investment tips.
Just information about, lets say, the agricultural sector in a given country/continent in a timely manner so that, based upon this information, I can make my own, well informed, investment tips.
As oposed to investing in commodities because their name sounded nice or something like that.
>>
>>1664063
what the fuck, just ask 4chan. i'll throw you a bone or two for $0:
-there's going to be a mini-age
-buy pork bellies
-copper is going to skyrocket.
you're welcome.
>>
>>1664114
*mini ice-age
>>
Thanks for your answers guys. In the meantime I found the annual WASDE report which is, well, annual. And also free.

Well, Ill be honest with you: I asked about prices for that kind of data because I am involved in a startup that gathers data about crops harvested and sold directly from farmers in 3 countries.
Right now we are being paid by the governments but in the future I was looking to sell that data to provide a steady stream of income. I wanted to estimate how much we could charge for it.
Thanks particularly to >>1664077

>>1664114
thank you too, smartass
>>
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/commodities
>>
As usual, more wrong info on 4chan than correct.

The cost is $2500 per month.
Anyone can subscribe - Bloomberg is a jew - he'll take money from anyone.
You get data you can't get anywhere else. You also get tools no one else has for analyzing data. The DeMark indicators alone would be over $100k if you paid Tom DeMark for them directly.
Bloomberg will give you a trial. You can test it out for two weeks and see if you want it.
>>
>>1664234
thanks for that.
Looking up DeMark, I found cqg and they too have their prices on their website.
That will help me to estimate the value of our data more accurately.
>>
>>1664114
Pork bellies yes, copper not for a while.

Mini ice age means investing in $MTN
>>
>>1664063
Is it really worth it to own bb terminal for a retail trader. There are so many internet resources and advanced charting sites that you can be successful without one.
>>
>>1664328
Also check out DTN IQFeed. Their premium services list some commodities related stuff.
>>
>>1664345
You don't own a Bloomberg terminal - you lease it.

It's worth it when you're making so much money that it would be stupid not to have one to double check your ideas and fuck around on the terminal generating new ideas.
>>
>>1664345
You have to keep in mind that these are people who pay millions per square meter of rent monthly just because the location is a few meters closer to the central computer of the stock exchange and thus the informations arrice a few nanoseconds earlier than they do at their competitors office. This translates into millions of profit each day.
Bloomberg could demand 100000 per month and many would still make a profit.
>>1664365
Thanks, will do
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.