[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mutilated Canada notes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161210_164437.jpg (159KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161210_164437.jpg
159KB, 816x612px
What can you do with Canadian damaged bank notes?

The bank doesn't accept them because part of the serial number is lost and the Bank of Canada only accepts up to $1000 CAD (I have ~$3000 CAD)
>>
>>1663067
There only has to be one complete serial number, don't take no guff off a bank and slap a teller upside the head if you must.
>>
>>1663087
Er wait, one complete and one partial otherwise that would be a loophole to free monies.
>>
>>1663067
So visit Bank of Canada three times. Or bring two friends.
>>
>>1663101
The Bank of Canada doesn't accept visits. You need to mail the money and they won't change your notes if they suspect you have some kind of business that buys broken notes.
>>
>>1663087
Oh really? I'll slap the teller who told me both serial numbers needs to be complete. Anyways, some of my notes have a problem with both serial numbers.
>>
>>1663067
Will vending machines in Canada accept them?

>>1663112
You might have a /biz/ idea here anondo
There are many f/x places in a country to your south named America
>>
>>1663117
I haven't seen vending machines that accepts cash in Toronto.
>>
>>1663117
>There are many f/x places in a country to your south named America
f/x places will accept broken notes? f/x = foreign exchange?
>>
>>1663092
how come? they jus need the number, aren't they?
>>
>>1663067
you're full of shit.

i know for a fact that you get unlimited replacements in the eurozone, so this arbitrary limit of 1k seemed extremely fishy to me.

and what do you know - reading the BoC's policy no such limit exists. BUT if your claim exceeds 1k you have to provide ID and proof of residence. now why wouldn't OP want to do that and lie about it, i have to wonder...
>>
>>1663210
I see it now, but it can take > 60 days if you request > 1k. What's a "sealed, clear, tamper-evident and leak-proof bag" anyways?
>>
>>1663133
Ya
>>
File: cad.jpg (58KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cad.jpg
58KB, 300x300px
>>1663067
if one complete serial number is visible, then canadian banks legally have to give you at least 1/2 of the dollar value of the damaged bill.
>>
>>1663243
Ask your bank for cash bags with an adhesive strip. They're used in-house and probably would begrudge you a couple.
>>
>>1663117
>Will vending machines in Canada accept them?
Vending machines reject crisp new notes even on good days. The machine would probably just chew OP's notes into smaller bits.

OP try just going to a different branch. The literal only rule I've ever seen about damaged money in canada is that it has to be at least half of the bill and it has to be recognizable. The teller you got who refused them is probably just a cunt.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.