[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They say 70% of starting businesses fail within 7 months to 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: BUSINESS-FAILURE.jpg (104KB, 408x294px) Image search: [Google]
BUSINESS-FAILURE.jpg
104KB, 408x294px
They say 70% of starting businesses fail within 7 months to 1 year, and that 90% fail within 1 to 2 years.
What (in your opinion) are the factors that most effectively lead to these failures?

Mismanagement? Bad advertising? Bad luck, maybe?
>>
>>1663016
Probably lack of advertising. Most small businesses don't have enough capital to properly advertise and educate the general populous.
>>
>>1663016
Depends on the business and the field, but honestly, starting a company can be tough. The field your selling to could be saturated, you could have no traffic, you could get hit with a legal complaint or some shit, but mostly its gonna be related to lack of creativity/lack of funding. People are used to going to a certain place, and you didnt draw their interest enough to warrant them giving you money for your product/service. Or you only had $20,000 and it dried up before it paid off.
>>
>>1663021
>People are used to going to a certain place, and you didnt draw their interest enough to warrant them giving you money

Yeah, people get used going to one place and sometimes don't feel comfortable in a different place of the same business type.
>>
Lack of planning.

People don't research the average costs and realistic estimates of their location. They just think I'm going to start X and expect to charge Y for it.

Also services are less likely to fail than selling goods which everybody wants to do. They want to open some meme store or restaurant instead of buying a few hundred bucks worth of cleaning supplies and contacting churches and small businesses. I make around 4-6k a month gross doing floor cleaning 3 times a week 15-20 hours of work a week. I make about 1600-1800 a month net after taxes whole in college.
>>
>>1663037
Guys, look at this. Actual advice, on 4chan.
>>
>>1663037
Do you clean houses or businesses?
>>
>>1663016
Lack of planning.
Lack of desire to work constantly to get it off the ground.
Lack of money to back it up.
Lack of customers.
Lack of business acumen.

>>1663037
So why are you still in college, and not out mopping more floors for more money, so you can afford to hire a mexican to mop floors for you?
>>
corporatism and lack of a middle class.
>>
>>1663275
Read the post

>>1663312
Because my time isn't worth more than $9/hour + employment taxes and benefits yet sadly. I plan on growing after I graduate. I'll hire family and friends first. Don't trust a smelly Mexican with $5K worth of my equipment.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.