[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is learning Mandarin a meme for business? Will it be useful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1480855379682.jpg (80KB, 480x643px) Image search: [Google]
1480855379682.jpg
80KB, 480x643px
Is learning Mandarin a meme for business?

Will it be useful?
>>
probably not, chinese shit on each other never mind whites who consider themselves to be so far down the totem pole that they go out of their way to learn mandarin instead of forcing them to speak to them in english. you're thinking they will respect you for it, that's not how it works there.
>>
>>1662698
>you're thinking they will respect you for it, that's not how it works there
No, I'm thinking whether it is worth learning for a number of reasons. I wouldn't particularly like doing business in a country where they could have conversations around me where I didn't understand, also I'm not white.
>>
it's a meme language like Japanese was in the late 80s/early 90s. it will be useless in 20 years.

you don't want to deal with chinks for the rest of your life, trust me.
>>
>>1662705
What language IS good for business then?
>>
>>1662707
spanish if your a contractor or in construction
>>
>>1662693
the new generation 12yo - 24yo only accept english as a foreign language.
>>
Does anyone have the screencap about how the chinese are the worst people to do business with?
>>
File: 1467075076597.png (946KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
1467075076597.png
946KB, 1400x5552px
>>1662773
>>
>>1662707

Mandarin is the spoken language doing tech business in Shenzhen.
Full stack is the spoken language doing tech business in Sillicon Valley.
Finance/MBA is the spoken language doing business on Wallstreet.
Spanish is the spoken language if you need construction or landscaping.
German is the spoken language if you belong to >>>/pol/
French is the spoken language of retreat/treaties.
And no matter where you are in the world English is the universal language of money, science, and politics.
>>
>>1662693
It is useful and you are out of your mind if you believe it will not be any time soon.

Domestically they have so much god dam construction and business going on at all times with no real end in sight.

I would suggest 19.9GB torrent called "Chinese Language Learning PacK' or if you want a faster one try "Assimil - Chinese With East 2005".
>>
>>1662693
ive seen jobs in australia for property managers or whatever that state the applicant must "speak fluent mandarin"

hopefully this housing bubble crashes soon because im sick of this bullshit
>>
>>1663905
I am in construction myself, An estimator to be precise.

There is no end in sight, my workload for tenders has doubled over the last 6 months with it doubling again starting in January as soon as the December break ends.

We have had to double our estimating department and will most likely need to add a couple more just to avoid turning away important tenders.

I have seen this "boom" before like back in 2008, it will go down, then stabilise and still be pretty dam expensive.

Also on another note, my wife is Chinese and there is still a high demand for commercial and residential Australian properties.

The only thing causing a slowdown is China forcing you to go to Hong Kong in order to get your money out of China and over to Australia.

I had to do a couple of trips to China and carrying back anywhere from $20-50,000 AUD in order to purchase their family an apartments over here.

Never got stopped due to be le white man.

I am also learning mandarin myself.
>>
File: 1477524108592.jpg (87KB, 361x410px) Image search: [Google]
1477524108592.jpg
87KB, 361x410px
>>1663910
>graduated with a civil eng degree from a GO8 uni
>cant even get a estimator role
WHYYYYYYY CANT I JUST BE A NORMIE WAGEKEK
>>
File: engineering unemployment.png (25KB, 491x249px) Image search: [Google]
engineering unemployment.png
25KB, 491x249px
>>1663949
chemical engineering here, i share you pain

>>1663910
thanks for sharing your story, its interesting to hear about how crazy this shit is every day

im assuming that the chinese buy property outright? the banks were supposed to stop lending to residents of the PRC to prevent money laundering schemes. do you come across many canadians on your travels to hong kong? their major cities are more inflated than ours, mainly due to chinese investment. im assuming they would be sending money through hong kong too

i heard someone mention that the chinese have bought all of the units in a proposed flat before its released to the public, locking everyone else out of the market. is there any truth to this?
>>
I'm not sure who actually thinks language skills are valuable. I have a LOT of co-workers who are Chinese and exactly ZERO of them use their language skills in their job.

If a full-on native speaker can't monetize it, what makes anyone else think they can do it?
>>
>>1663653
Incredible.
>>
>>1663653
Nice post. How do I speak Finance? Can I find
that course of Duolingo?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.