[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MANAGEMENT THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: LBJ.jpg (179KB, 500x643px) Image search: [Google]
LBJ.jpg
179KB, 500x643px
How often do you give your underlings the ol' Johnson Treatment anons?

What other forms of intimidation and bullying do you use to maximize performance out of your unsurprisingly high turn over employees?
>>
>>1662473
try /r9k/
>>
>>1662473
Intimidation and bullying from management is surprisingly not a good way to manage people. If you want your employees to have worse performance and higher turnover because they constantly hate where they are and instead of focusing on the job at hand, they keep thinking about leaving and how they can inform you that you suck.

t. guy who is currently a manager of a college janitorial staff
>>
I'm a 3rd shift Production Manager at a plant.

I went from doing away with fixed lunch schedules. Grown adults waiting for a bell to ring like children was retarded as fuck. All employees have a hour of break time and can use it whenever they want and split it up whenever they want. The company ended up adopting it for all shifts and now people just use their badge to get in and out of the break room and it tracks time.

I got a bunch of bar stools real cheap from Craigslist and brought them in for operators to use. They were standing for 12 hour shifts on concrete floors all night and they didn't even have memory foam/soft padded mats to stand on. Figured bar stools would be better because they are basically doing nothing for 2 hours at a time running automated machines.

I talked management into getting healthier food options in the break room than old outdated vending machines. We now have Aramark.

Been here 7 years and not a single person has quit on my shift at least.

Maximizing production is about making the job easier. Unhappy/stressed/fatigued employees equals lower efficiency. The only high turnover that still remains in our plant is in warehousing but I can't control that. We've only needed to hire 14 people this year in production and 12 have stayed. All have stayed on my shift. Numbers has gone up and scrap has been reduced by 15%.
>>
>>1662916
>>1662951

Fear is a good motivator. Many companies wouldn't operate at all if fear and bullying wasn't used as a tool to keep the workers in line. This is especially true for min wage jobs where you have to tone up the bullying a bit because otherwise you have to explain to your employees why they get paid slave wages.
>>
>>1662951
Nice, I hope you get paid well.
>>
>>1662960
I get paid $38/hour but get performance bonuses and stock sharing.
>>
>>1662951
A true manager right there. Good job sir.
>>
>>1662955
Good luck being fired and possibly persecuted by law for violating HWB.
>>
>>1662916
Yeah I was being facetious in the hopes of spurring discussion. A lot of people mistakenly think that being as belligerent as Steve Jobs is the gold standard for management.

>>1662951
That's some great initiative there. Thinking outside of the box like a real manager should by improving the environmental factors not just trying to cajole and motivate individuals.

>>1662955
Nah, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Also if you create an environment where people want to come to work, feel pride in their work they won't cut as many corners, they will try harder.
>>
>>1662951
This is a real manager

>>1662955
This is an idiot shitposting on 4chan who hasn't managed anything, let alone managed to off himself yet.
>>
>>1662951
Youre gonna go far man
>>
Without fear you have nothing.

Remember that
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.