[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people come up with their business ideas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
I understand that they are able to create a business by selling a service with a skill that they have, or a product that they made. but how do you come to realization that you have a specific skill worth selling. Or innovating/inventing a product to sell.
>>
>>1661979
>Anon said he hates cutting his lawn, I wonder how much he would pay to have someone do it for him?

THATS HOW!
>>
>>1661979
most people start businesses in the field they work in.

usually the progression goes:
employee
freelancing on the side
self-employed
business owner

if you're wondering how people know what they're good at, this is usually obvious by the time you finish school. Most people are good at a lot of things. Some people are good for nothing.
>>
>>1661985
>need a lawnmower, weedeater, blower, truck, and trailer
among other things anon, I need to start small as I have very limited income and student loan debt.
I am only 21 with around 721 c-score so I doubt I would receive a decent loan if one at all.
>still in school
>>
>>1661989
I work as an emergency room scribe. how can this be translated into something else
>>
>>1661998
it's possible it can't be.
lots of jobs aren't amenable to self-employment.

I'm just telling you how most business owners find their niche, not how most people turn into business owners because most people never own a business.
>>
>>1661979
You don't need the skill before hand, you need the passion to work on the same thing for months and maybe years until it works.

Start helping everyone around you as much as possible with their daily lives until one day you realize you are good at taking care of "problem x" for people and work on scaling that up through automation or with more man power
>>
>>1661998
At your job, what can you do to make things easier for the people in the same room as you? Can you do it with a service or a new product? Start from there and if you don't figure something useful out, expand to other areas of your life where you can help people
>>
>>1661979
found this video that i really liked, I hope you become as rich as necessary for you to have a fulfilled life!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZoJKF_VuA
>>
>>1662006
i had a little free lancing thing of pressure washing when i wasn't working landscaping for my brother.
made around 10,000 in about 6 months? not much, but all of it got sucked into school expenses. now the pwasher is broke, its winter. so no point in fixing it now.

>before pic
>>
File: beforej.png (2MB, 1051x877px) Image search: [Google]
beforej.png
2MB, 1051x877px
>>1662019
> before pic
>>
>>1662019
powerwashing and landscaping companies are both fairly easy ways to make millions.

building maintenance contracting of any sort tends to make millionaires.

might be snow plowing/shoveling, HVAC repair/cleaning/maintenance, electrical, security systems, roofing, plumbing, carpet cleaning, security services, window washing, paving, janitorial, whatever.

these things are how most new millionaires make it. Usually by selling b2b, but there's some low-end profit to be had dealing with the public as well.
>>
File: afterj.png (1MB, 999x826px) Image search: [Google]
afterj.png
1MB, 999x826px
>>1662022
>>
>>1662031
holy crap! Nicely done.

maybe get back into that and add on some finishing and repairs, maybe move into deck construction? That's some nice work.
>>
>>1662013
well I can clean and suture a wound because the Docs taught me when, but without a license yet, its completely illegal.
I also know how to remove fluid from a stomach with a thoracentesis kit.
>>
>>1662039
deck construction sounds badass, but how would you get into something like that.
>>
>>1661997
Well firstly it's one of the cheapest businesses you can get into.
But more importantly it was just an example of the thought process,

>Anon wishes he could get higher levels on Pokemon Go, I wonder how much he would pay me to do it for him?
>People sure do hate going around the corner for a coffee, I wonder if I put a coffee machine right here how much extra I could charge and people would pay it just to avoid the long walk?

ideas are fucking easy - find an problem people have or an insight into human behavior: find a value proposition you can attach to it.

Simple.
Also, sometimes an idea sounds difficult or too expensive, well then you're job is to work out how to find the money to get it.
>Aww but that's just chicken and the egg
Not if it's a particularly good idea.

>>1662019
Looks good: do you have access to equipment?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.