[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graduate Student from Military Family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2901.jpg (146KB, 780x856px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2901.jpg
146KB, 780x856px
>raised in family with father who was a marine for 4~ years of his youth
>his father was in the military
>so was his father

>Currently finishing up MS in Economics ( free bc I wasn't a degenerate NEET in highschool/undergrad)
>considering joining the marines through an OSO (officer that recruits new officers)
>would have to serve minimum five years, but would enter marines as a Second Lieutenant

I think serving in the military as an officer would be one of the biggest resumé boosters on the fucking planet, not to mention having my housing/food/etc. covered for those 5 years, on top of the veteran gibsmedats like cheap as shit healthcare, gov. subsidized retirement fund, etc.

Any reason that I shouldn't economically speaking? I'm already up to the fitness standards required, and my degress make me a great qualifier for Officer Candidacy School.

Only argument I really see is work experience during those five years, but I'll be gaining the boost from saying I was an officer right?
>>
>>1661172
If you know economics you should be smart enough to calculate the opportunity cost of your own decisions.
>>
File: military-welfare1.jpg (93KB, 553x700px) Image search: [Google]
military-welfare1.jpg
93KB, 553x700px
i hate taxes because of families like yours...
>>
>>1661236
You got me aye lmao memes

>>1661237
Not my problem that I'm taking advantage of existing laws
>DONT TAKE FREE MONEY
...alright?
>>
>>1661172
From having got out of the military myself, my buddies who were officers (captains and majors) were able to snag some decent jobs getting out.

It definitely looks nice on a resume to have been an officer, mainly because officer ranks are the only ranks that civilian employers understand the significance of.

But be prepared to endure those 5 years -- military life can be shitty.
>>
Spending 5 years of your life on some bullshit? I made my first $100000 two years ago and I blew it all on a car. By the time you're out of the military I hope to be raking in at least $350000-$400000 after taxes.
>>
>>1661172
joining the marines for a "resume booster" lol what are you some kind of fking idiot.
You know peoples perceptions of ex soldiers? They arent good... thanks to all the bum war vets and ptsd that is now a big thing.

You should want to join the marines because you actually want to be a marine not any other reason.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.