[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alrighty guys. I have some questions for you, 1. Do you believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nt6lnlUoOE1u07gmgo1_500.jpg (37KB, 482x395px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt6lnlUoOE1u07gmgo1_500.jpg
37KB, 482x395px
Alrighty guys.
I have some questions for you,

1. Do you believe working in mcdonalds for example, is a waste of time? Since you barely have any impact on the profits, you can't suggest changes, and there is barely any place for promotion?

2. Do you believe "An outsider" is always needed? What I mean by an outsider is.. A person who does not work in your business(or is new to your business), that can notice the problems you don't because you are used to them.

3. Most of the new businesses nowadays reach bankruptcy pretty quickly. Do you believe luck is a big factor to it, or is it mostly because the owner doesn't know how to reach profits?

4. Lastly, Assuming you'll be given 150,000$, Do you believe you'll be able to double this amount? If so, how long will it take you?
>>
>>1660804
>1. Do you believe working in mcdonalds for example, is a waste of time? Since you barely have any impact on the profits, you can't suggest changes, and there is barely any place for promotion?
No comment. Don't care.

>2. Do you believe "An outsider" is always needed? What I mean by an outsider is.. A person who does not work in your business(or is new to your business), that can notice the problems you don't because you are used to them.
More important question is: what is the company's openness to change? How much do they value the input of this "outsider"?

>3. Most of the new businesses nowadays reach bankruptcy pretty quickly. Do you believe luck is a big factor to it, or is it mostly because the owner doesn't know how to reach profits?
Not nowadays. Since time immemorial.
Also define 'luck'

>4. Lastly, Assuming you'll be given 150,000$, Do you believe you'll be able to double this amount? If so, how long will it take you?
Do I want to? Maybe I just want to piss it away on blow, hookers, and chartered flights? Maybe the value proposition of that lifestyle, even for a short while is more valuable than double that dollar value at a later stage in my life when I'll be too old, too cynical, less healthy or mobile or perhaps my social group will be more 'responsible' and less willing to indulge in the experience with me.

But assuming I'm not so imprudent: 6 years, because I will piss away a lot of it, and I will make some financial mistakes
>>
1. No, it's a tool to get you where you want to go, but it's not a career path.

2. Absolutely. In everything. Especially once you become rich because you'll be surrounded by fake people that always praise you or jealous people that want to bring you down. An outsider doesn't care. He has no stake in it so he'll be honest. Someone at the business might not be or might be based on what is beneficial to them.

3. No, that's what jealous people say. We can cherry pick, but if you look overall, businesses beat the competition by being superior. Tesla is winning because they have a better product. Facebook destroyed (literally) MySpace with how successful it became. You get the idea. Businesses fail all the time. That's part of the life, you'll fail more than you'll succeed, but that one time you do is all that matters. Get used to it.

4. $150,000 is A LOT of money if used wisely, but most people are better off letting it grow by itself.

However, if we're talking a clean slate, I'd probably be able to do it honestly. I'd say maybe a few months if that. 6 months at most and a year worst case scenario.

I've seen a lot in this field and it made me more open minded. There's actually A LOT of ways to make money. I have a friend that sells digital items on his server in a video game. The server pays for itself, the items are digital so there's no cost there, and people are willing to spend a lot of money. He has various tiers of items. The best of the best cost $100, but the worst are like $5. He makes thousands a month and doesn't really do much honestly. Better than McDonald's that's for sure and it's growing.

Flappy Bird was making $50,000 a day. I believe with $150,000 you can be really successful if you play it smart. A lot of these things are cheap as shit, but high return.

A domain and website are extremely cheap and imagine what you could do with it. Sell some products for $100 a piece and market to the right people that will spend it and you're set.

Easy peasy.
>>
>>1660804
1. It's experience, assuming you're a teenager or you've never held another job yes it is worthwhile. Otherwise no, leave and find something better.

2. why do you think there are so many consultancies?

3. luck is a big factor, yes. so is networking and actually having a genuinely good idea. there's also a mindset that anyone can start a business and be successful. the problem with that is the average person has an average level of intelligence and drive, which is rarely enough to start a successful business.

4. what i think you're implying is how long would it take to invest it in a company i've set up and double it that way? i'd never invest it in the first place, if you start a company you should be looking to external sources of funding, not putting a significant chunk of your own into it unless you want to suicide 5 years down the line. if you can't even convince a few jews that you have an idea worth investing in, how are you going to convince potential clients?
>>
>>1660804
150k is down payment on $750k more real estate. For arguments sake say that's 15 50k doors. Say I make 100 bucks a month even after all the bullshit. $1,500 till u die.
>>
>> 1. Do you believe working in mcdonalds for example, is a waste of time? Since you barely have any impact on the profits, you can't suggest changes, and there is barely any place for promotion?

It depends on WHY you're working there. If you're just a min wage guy, then yes, it's a complete waste. But if you've purchased the location and will be on track to get more, then absolutely not.

>>2. Do you believe "An outsider" is always needed? What I mean by an outsider is.. A person who does not work in your business(or is new to your business), that can notice the problems you don't because you are used to them.

Depends on the outsider. There are a lot of blowhards out there who think they can step in and be the silver bullet. But, most are full of shit. If you do find someone that's good, though, it can be a great thing. That being said, I believe change CAN come from within if there's sufficient will.

>> 3. Most of the new businesses nowadays reach bankruptcy pretty quickly. Do you believe luck is a big factor to it, or is it mostly because the owner doesn't know how to reach profits?

I think everything is cyclical, including businesses. When starting a business, have some idea for the exit strategy.

>> 4. Lastly, Assuming you'll be given 150,000$, Do you believe you'll be able to double this amount? If so, how long will it take you?

hmm, well, the amount really doesn't matter, it's all about percentages. At 8-12% return, assuming compounding, 6-9 years according to the rule of 72.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.