[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do /biz/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

I've fucked it boys. What should I do?

>In final year of a worthless creative arts bachelors degree
>Want to move and work in New York
>Not qualified for any jobs to get a visa sponsorship
>Is there anything I can do?

MFW, my degree is in fucking 'film'. Yup, I'm going to graduate with a Film (BA). I'm saving up to visit NYC for a few months after I graduate, I want to find a way to stay. What are my chances?
>>
Greencard marriage?
>>
>>1660115
I want to gain money not lose it.
>>
You have to go back Poojet
>>
>>1660088
We don't want you in New York you fucking filthy terrorist scum
>>
>>1660088
>What are my chances?
none
>>
>>1660088
Learn to market the skills you've earned. For fuck's sake, don't discredit the work you've done. Few know of the MASSIVE amount of work involved in a (inb4memetier) liberal arts degree... take those experiences that you've had to work so much harder than your peers and fucking market them.
...unless you are actually a worthless pos, then kthxbai.
>>
>I'm saving up to visit NYC for a few months after I graduate, I want to find a way to stay. What are my chances?
You posted this the other day didn't you? Forget living in New York until you've got connections there man. I told you: start off in Georgia or Louisiana where there's actual productions

>Shadow a Grip, be his assistant, never be out of work. Save your bucks.
>Do same thing with a Gaffer or Electrician
>Take out a loan, buy a Blackmagic camera and a couple of cheap but good looking vintage lenses, rent out your kit and start out your production company. If you're industrious eventually people will pay for you to shoot commercials or content IN NYC.
>Get work at an marketing agency or PR company making in-house videos? (good place to make connections)

START CALLING AND EMAILING.

>>1660299
this

Carl Ichan studied philosophy, a degree with less marketable skills than film and look how many billions he's worth now. Literally no excuse.
>>
>>1660457
I should add, those greentext suggestions, are things you can do in your own country as soon as you graduate.
>>
Not even worthless man you need to make connections and get into the union.
>>
>>1660299
>the MASSIVE amount of work involved in a (inb4memetier) liberal arts degree
Genuinely curious what kind of work that is. Writing papers? Reading books?
>>
>>1660457

Philosophy is the highest earning humanity by far. Philosophy graduates earn more the people the Accounting degrees.

It's insane.
>>
>>1662064
>Philosophy is the highest earning humanity by far. Philosophy graduates earn more the people the Accounting degrees.
Didn't know this

>>1662061
OP is a film grad sooo...
>Doing Risk Assessment Matrices for each environment and activity (Your actor gets on a skateboard, and he's 55, okay, well, now write a essay about how you'll avoid him breaking his ankles)
>Coordinating travel for cast and crew
>Getting props and costumes made on time, to fit actors and match aesthetically and color wise (can't have something too dark or it won't expose well)
>Going to Armorers and getting forms for gun rental (all student films have guns and drugs in them)
>Maxing out your three credit cards to pay for that Red Scarlet camera and grip rental
>Building Sets
>Setting up lights, packing them down in time allowed
>Tearring down sets because other students use the studio in only 2 days
>Scheduling filming days with turnarounds that fit within labor laws
>Then illegally working hours overtime because you didn't get all the shots you wanted

there's probably other things I don't care to rememebr
>>
>>1660088
>MFW, my degree is in fucking 'film'.
should have made it in 'movie'
>>
Get a BS in Physics OP and be useful
>>
>>1660088
i'm poor and have no skills, better move to the most expensive city in the US
>>
>>1660088
2 words:
rent boy
>>
>>1660088
Yes. God yes, anon.

Take it from me, who did a useless film diploma straight from HS: you have a better opportunity to make money than I did when I got my useless sheet of paper 10 years ago.

>Youtube
>Patreon
>Merchandise and shit

Get to it anon. I never said it would be easy.
>>
>>1662451
So essentially just
>making excel spreadsheets
>coffee running
>>
>>1662575
No. Did you even fucking read the list?
Where the fuck did you get coffee running? What fantasy land are you living in?
I've seen guys with calloused hands because of all the shit they did on their student films.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.