[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im thinking aboit becoming an RN because of the high demand.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1478217504130.jpg (54KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
1478217504130.jpg
54KB, 680x598px
Im thinking aboit becoming an RN because of the high demand.

Can anyone tell me what im in for?
>>
>>1660081
registered nurse?
get ready for impacted bowel procedures, vomit, old people, scabs, earwax and other bodily fluids coming dangerously close to giving you a lifelong disease every time a patient sneezes without covering their mouth
>>
Nursing labour shortage is a myth, like pilot labour shortage
>>
RN here. Its not worth it.

>>1660100
Ignore this retard. This is so stupid my brain just shuts down reading it and can't respond to it.

>>1660298
Ignore this retard too. You get get a job at just about any hospital. Not really a job shortage but turnover rates are so high. I've been a RN for almost 6 years now and you will find a job in less than 2 weeks. The school I went to has had 100% job placement rates since 1992.

But its a shitty job. You're on your feet 12+ hours a day. When you're off you're on call so cant really do anything besides sit at home then never get called and waste a day off. Patients hardly ever respect you because you're not a real doctor. Especially the baby boomers. Doctors hold you to a higher standard than female nurses and are always making you do the grunt work because most doctors believe women are incompetent. Some of them actually talk to them like they are children sometimes when they are impatient. The "office politics" are worse than any other job you can get into. You won't be cleaning up messes and shit and changing diapers but you will be covered in blood at least once a day. Scrubs are expensive. You will have crazy people cuss and spit on you and try biting you. You will have to deal with the aggressive ones since you're likely the only male nurse. You'll be lifting all the fat fucks. You'll basically be everybody's tool and not really a nurse.
>>
>>1660081
Currently during residency, don't go through with becoming a nurse.

It isn't worth it.

You'll be treated like a 5 year old by every doctor you meet at a hospital, and patients will treat you like you don't even exist.

Male nurses are just pack mules that will be used 9/10 times as the only person to restrain drug addicts and other crazies, and the rest of the time you'll be dealing with the same "lol a male nurse" comment with every patient you meet.

Not worth it, become an EMT, just as much demand, much more respect.
>>
>>1660315
>>1660374

Do you work in the south by any chance?
Also, did you ever have to bathe/clean elderly people?
What's the most disgusting thing you have to do, like dealing with catheters, etc.?
>>
>>1660379
Yes, I live in the south, Texas to be exact.

Well, like I said I'm in my residency right now so I have my MD. I've had to do some nasty shit like every doctor, never had to bathe elderly people, but I've had to perform prostate exams and thread catheters on them, so I've seen my fair share of old man cock and GILF pussy.

I think the prostate exam part takes the cake on nasty when you're dealing with a 75~ year old man with horrible hygiene if you catch my drift.
>>
>>1660385
Oh god yeah that sounds shitty. But the catheter thing would freak me out way more. Fuck.
>>
>>1660390
Honestly catheters aren't that bad, sliding a tube into a urethra doesn't amount to nearly as much nasty as shoving a finger up an old man's ass.
>>
>>1660379
Go to the ER and see if you get a free bath before asking such a retarded question. Not all nurses work in nursing homes.
>>
MD here, they love us and they hate you, which is amazing because most of what you're doing I ordered (and it's necessary and part of the job, etc). They bitch about you often, you never answer the fucking call bells and every fucking test I order has to be followed up with a face-to-face reminder an hour later to make sure it's actually done. I ordered that UA yesterday what the fuck is happening. You get to ask things of me too, and I also have to delay fulfilling it (it is almost never critical to pt care) because I'm on the fucking phone with a million specialties all day trying to fucking move patients out of the hospital so our census isn't insane. The nurses say shit like "If they order something they have to tell me" as if it's my job to be their fucking notification dock. I would kill to only take care of 5 patients.

etc

it's hell all around, hospitals are horrible places, either you're a fucking monkey nurse or a monkey doctor and our lives are never ending carousels of stupid fucking patients who will be right back here next month because they learn absolutely nothing.
>>
>>1660298

This.

It's regional. Some cities it's impossible to find a job, others they'll bend over backwards to hire you
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.