[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4713.gif (28KB, 684x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4713.gif
28KB, 684x648px
Hi biz september I got my first job at burger king and i officially saved my first $1000 (almost at $2,000 now) I now work at subway and i have clearly realized the difference between a good paying job and a wage slave job. I feel that we all want the good paying job so I was wondering... What are some ways to build a good resume, and what jobs actually pay out good hourly salaries? How many of us actually believe we will be successful investing or starting a business without decent capital to start? Any advice appreciated. (inb4 kneepads)
>>
become a manager at subway, it will show your future employers that you can manage people and maybe let you manage business down the line
>>
>>
>>1659861
this is solid advice.
The pay is often decent and the experience is valuable. Lots of restaurant managers go on to buy or start businesses of their own. Usually not restaurants though. After you run a few you'll see why.
>>
>>1659903
Yep. Transferrable skills are always relevant.
>>
>>1659861
>>1659903
Thanks guys this is solid advice. Any ideas for after i become manager?
>>
>>1659925
My problem as a manager was I immediately became a demanding dick that constantly policed people for rule-breaking.

My advice is to relax a bit and remember you're there to make money for the biz. Sometimes that means letting annoying behavior slide a bit if it pays to do so. Not dangerous behavior, just don't sweat the petty stuff.
>>
>>1659853
I also work at subway :) my boss was just a manager when I first started but then he went on to buy it and he does very well. To own it, You just need to do some franchise course that goes for like 2 weeks I think. But manager is pretty easy if you've been there a while and know the job, just a couple more things you need to learn
>>
>>1659997
To answer your question I think that's the way to go if you'd be interested. Not 100% sure but I don't think you need a lot of capital, you'd get a business loan. Try become manager do that for a bit, save some more money then look at buying
>>
>>1659997
How much does each franchise cost? Do you get any deals for working there?
>>
>>1660024
Hmm I'm not sure sorry
>>
>>1659861
Bad advice. You could be wagecucking for years before this happened or you could get stuck in assistant manager position
>>1659853
My advice would be if you want to stay in the food industry is to go to an actual restaurant and become and line cook and work your way up to being kitchen manager and eventually an actual manager. It will look much better on your resumé
>>
>>1660024
they're really cheap as far as franchises go. They list a franchise fee of $15k. The store itself is probably worth over a million to the owner. No employee discounts in most cases.

>>1660260
>go to an actual restaurant and become and line cook and work your way up to being kitchen manager and eventually an actual manager
I've done both. I've managed everything from Pizza Huts to fine dining. It's pretty much all the same.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.