[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHIT. I lost my job.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Keckler-Cover.jpg (98KB, 548x841px) Image search: [Google]
Keckler-Cover.jpg
98KB, 548x841px
Californian here.

Last week I quit my job of two years and started working at a new job. 5 days into the job, I was discharged from my probation. It's a long story but I was overzealous in parking enforcement.

Outlays:
Mortgage payment: $2,300/month
Various expenses (utilities, phone, car, etc.): $500/month

Inlays:
Veterans disability: $1,500/month

My non-retirement savings: $5K

I've never been on welfare and I don't know what to do, other than try to get a new job.

How does one go about getting welfare temporarily,? I just want to bridge the gap between employment.
>>
>>1658314
Sell the house while you are in bubble mode no?
Fuck the jerbs, go live on the beach for a few years.
>>
>>1658314
Why the fuck do you have a 2300 mortgage after only two years of employment.
>>
>>1658314
You're a fucking moron.
>>
>It's a long story but I was overzealous in parking enforcement.

well tell the fucking story
>>
>>1658314

We need this story anon.

But anyway, you need a new job mate.
>>
>>1658358
>We need this story anon.
>you need a new job mate.

These.
>>
>>1658314
I-is that a normal mortgage in commifornia? I pay 800 a month and Im itching to get done with updates so I can rent a room or two out.
>>
your fault you got into this now fuck right off. help i dug a hole for myself and fell in how do i get out.
>>
Why the hell do they pay retarded veterans?
>>
>>1658314
find unemployment office
apply for unemployment
>>
>> After the 6% commission, I wouldn't even have enough money to rent a room for a year. I kinda would like to become a bum, seeing all the tax-free dough they get for chilling at the beach.

>>1658325

Two years at that particular job. I have 6 years of stable employment. But to answer your question: It's California and I got a zero-down VA mortgage.

>>1658339

> Be tenured Federal employee.
> No room for advancement.
> Quit job once I get offered new job.
> Get hired on as probationary school security officer. $21/hr with better benefits.
> Assigned to the night shift at an adult school.
> Literally in job description to enforce the California Vehicle Code.
> Literally got hired because I have state Peace Officer Standards and Training certificate which allows me to write tickets.
> Get told by boss to not give (real) parking tickets at night.
> Assume that giving parking violation warning slips is OK.
> Piss off dozens of students and co-workers, who complain to my boss.
> Boss waits until after Christmas party (because people are still afraid after San Bernardino attacks and no I'm not a Muzzie) to tell me that I'm not "laid back" enough for the job and "we have to let you go".

>>1658415
It WAS normal for a 2 bed/1 bath in a suburb a year ago but my home value has risen by $75K in the past year, so it would be more expensive now and ironically out of my reach.

>>1658592

No shit, Sherlock. I'm not blaming anyone and you're damn right I'm asking for help.

>>1658603

Because I have "service-connect disabilities". The definition is an "injury, illness or disease incurred or aggravated in the line of duty". And if I was retarded I wouldn't have been in the chAir Force.
>>
File: 13006508316601.jpg (25KB, 244x236px) Image search: [Google]
13006508316601.jpg
25KB, 244x236px
>>1658678
Tough shit, but I've lost work to dumber reasons myself. Advice from me on finding a place to work is always, ALWAYS investigate what their culture is like before settling in. If a culture is toxic or unhealthy you will know immediately and know when to fuck off. For this particular place they could've fired you because the boss's favorite pet wanted you gone and made it so or they didn't like you to begin with and found the perfect excuse to get rid of you. In these times where authority is often suspect and ridiculed you can expect people to be 100x more harder on you.

Around this time of year you're in pretty good luck. I'd highly recommend you put in a bunch of apps for seasonal positions ASAP because a lot of places from warehouses and retail are starved for extra hands. You should cut all your expenses until you find something to replace your lost income.

Just look at this experience as an educational one and be more careful next time. Since you're probably a dude you gotta take better care of this shit and have backups for your backups so something like this never happens to you again.
>>
>>1658314
If you have kids start filling out the paperwork for assistance now.
You've paid into the system, no reason you shouldn't get some back despite you being a fucktard and losing your job. It'll also keep that hole you're in from getting deeper before it eventually collapses.

File for unemployment. That will also give you access to the State's job boards. Use all their services to help update your resume and broaden your search. Apply for everything you even remotely qualify for.

In the meantime, Craigslist gigs and Uber are your friends.

Can you rent a room?
>>
>>1658314
U fucking autist how do u get fired in 5 days? Get a job at mccucks flipping burgers for 15 bucks an hour
>>
>>1658314
Realistic advice: Sell your house. You said yourself that your house value has increased 75k in the last year. The market is already beyond irrational, pocket those gains and move to somewhere more affordable. There are places in the US you can live (poorly, but not grindingly poor) off of just that 1500 a month. I'm assuming that because your inlays don't include a second income you aren't married/don't have kids, which is a big help in moving.

Without an income you won't be able to get another mortgage immediately but you can coast for a while living in a cheap apartment on that 75k, get yourself settled, and find another good job. When your next prospective employer asks about why you were laid off from your parking enforcement job don't laugh it off, but definitely do own it. Some employers may agree that you aren't "chill" enough for their workforce, but others may be specifically seeking a stickler for process and rules, as long as you don't go full autism.

Your biggest mistake was quitting your first job without 6 months of living expenses in savings. Make that your #1 priority with your next job, though the leftovers from your house sale will probably fund that immediately. When you do get another house don't blow all the dough on a down payment, save some for that liquid savings you may need if your life turns upside down again.
>>
>>1658678
Don't mean to be rude...
But what is your disability?
Are you missing a leg, or did you just rape one too many hijab girls?
>>
Yeah, get a new job and cut as many costs as humanly possible. Unsure how well Uber and the like pay but do that on the side if possible.
Some cities hire exclusively veterans, Vegas often hires them for hotel security.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.