[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To sell or to hold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: dan2.png (892KB, 584x595px) Image search: [Google]
dan2.png
892KB, 584x595px
Talk me off the ledge, /biz/...

I bought UVXY (2x VIX short term futures) at roughly $20 per share when it was (at the time) at its all time low. Its now down to about $9.

Its not a huge investment, but I am down about $1100. Should I cut my loss or hang on for dear life and hopefully make it to a market pullback?
>>
>>1658221
Sell. You dont hold leveraged securities overnight. They go to 0 eventually.
>>
>>1658227
wouldnt they keep buying the short term futures contracts?

the weird thing was that today it was actually up $.06 per share even though the market was wayyy up.
>>
>>1658230
>UVXY

That thing decays faster than a corpse in tropical heat. But don't worry, just hold it until until it does a reverse split and sell at 200
>>
>>1658571
>decays faster than a corpse in tropical heat
Lol.
Rebalancing is a hideous bitch goddess.
>>
>>1658221
Any market pullback could easily be put off until next year and uvxy will continue to bleed the whole time. The market (s&p) is up around 200 pts for the year and funds will try to ride this out at the highs until year end unless there is some fundamental change in the market.

If you really want to try and stay in, you could cut your position by half right now and you could put the other half back on if some market event actually does occur.
>>
>>1658221
time to double down and buy more UVXY?
at all time lows, maybe it only has one direction to go UP! UP! UP!
>>
>>1658230
was this at the beginning of the day? i think they jack up the offer price at the beging of the day until they figure out what the market is going to be. your trading platform may show you it's up $.06, but if you try to sell, there will be no buyer. i'm not an expert, but i have fucked around with options a little bit, and this is what i've found. i had one I bought for $0.55 and my trading platform showed it being worth $3 in the morn. tried to sell. it did not get bought even for 1/3 of that. still bagholding, friend. feels great.
>>
I'd put it this way, OP.

Let's say you were looking at this option for the first time today. You have $900. Would you want to buy in at this time?

"FUCK YA!" - Go ahead and double down

"Not sure" - Hold or maybe take half out?

"Fuck no!" - Time to flee while you can, muchacho.

Every day you stay in a stock it's no different then you buying the stock again at that price. It's when the fundamental reason you bought a stock disappears, and thus you would NEVER buy it at this point that you should probably bail.

Why did you but this option in the first place?
>>
>>1658221
Just sell it, man. Consider it tuition paid. Maybe next time you will make an intelligent investment like UVV.
>>
>>1658810
no this was at the close. And same with today, market was up, but so was UVXY. Which leads me to believe that people are expecting the VIX to take off
>>
>>1660019
oh cool. how are you down now, at the end of today?
>>
>>1660046
I mean im still down about 10$ a share
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.