[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /biz/ think about silver? Good investment? I currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: silver.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
silver.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
What does /biz/ think about silver? Good investment?

I currently spend 5% of my income on silver as a retirement fund.
>>
>>1658104
I don't know know why silver would go up.
>>
>>1658104
Don't expect to make a fortune
Its a good physical asset to protect wealth and buying power
5% is good. Kevin O'leary does the same thing but in gold (5%)
>>
Better than keeping your money in the bank I suppose.

Silver is undervalued at the moment. Don't know many people who will locally buy silver off me though.
>>
>>1658150
I remember at one point I wanted to buy $1k of silver bullion every year. Then I stopped after three years. I guess I could catch up on $7k, although the fact that the price has barely moved since then makes me think it's a dumb idea.
>>
the problem with stacking precious metals is that even if you do manage to buy when its low and sell when its high its difficult to find people who will buy at a good price (or people who will sell near the spot price) so the profit margins become extremely thin, if you're even left with any at all.

That can be a problem with trading stocks as well when you calculate how much the fees cost you, but it seems a lot worse with precious metals to me. It doesn't help that whenever I seriously look at getting bigger into precious metals most of the people I talk to about it are saying they want metals because the global economy is going to implode any day now, and obviously when that happens you want as many shiny pieces of metal as you can get.
>>
>>1658104
Why?
If you are planning on retiring on this money you should be taking considerable measures to make sure no money is lost. Going all in on a hunk of metal that pays no dividend doesn't sound like a sound method reducing the risk of catastrophic failure.
>>
>>1658104
buy under $15 sell above $25
simple as that
>>
I would also diversify into gold, platinum and palladium.

There is still a solid rationale for investing in physical metals:

Exponential population growth, finite global resources, a culture of gold investing in India and China, growing middle classes, an alternative to intangible digital wealth and financial engineering of currencies, protection against inflation and economic crashes, increasing extraction costs, gold forming the foundation of central bank money, jewellery demand, industrial applications etc.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.