[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (85KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 600x469px
Hey /biz/ got a question. Probably a stupid question but here's a little background real quick. I'm 21 for about $10k in my bank that I've made over the past year or two. Got another 15k in inheritance from my grandma but that's on another account and I'm not touching that til I buy a house or something.

My question has to do with credit. I have no credit or even a credit card. But I know I should look into building some credit while I'm young. The thing is I'm rather adverse to getting a credit card and I got a reliable car that I bought straight out with cash. My plan is to take out a small personal loan of about 1-5k and not do anything with the money other than pay off the loan. I know I'll lend up losing money in interest but I'm fine throwing away some cash to build a little reliable credit.

Thoughts and advice? Thanks in advance
>>
>>1657973
I told my kid to get a secured credit card and use it once or twice a month. Pay off the balance every month so it doesn't cost anything except annual fee if it has one.

seems cheaper and probably just as effective. Also I found when I had no credit I couldn't even get a small loan of $1k without putting up collateral or getting someone to co-sign.
>>
>>1657983
Fair enough I thought about getting a credit card and doing just thought but when I talked to my older brother who was in more or less the same situation he said it was hard to get a credit card after 18 of you didn't have any credit already. Admittedly I took that at face value rather than looking into it. But thanks man I'll look into getting a credit card
>>
>>1657988
my kid got one through his bank. I think he deposited $250 as security and had a credit limit of $500. After a year they gave him his deposit back and upped his credit limit to $1k.
>>
>>1657988
It's pretty much the same.
Either you get a secured credit card, or you put some money in a CD and use that as collateral for a bank loan.
I don't see much of a difference. The secured credit card will probably be easier. The bank will want all sorts of paperwork.
>>
>Americucks
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.