[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Credit Card General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: RQDayWU.jpg (121KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
RQDayWU.jpg
121KB, 640x960px
I know zilch about credit cards and need to open up an account, so I'm coming here for your advice.

Which company would you consider the best for a 25-year-old who has 0 debt and 16k in savings.

>25
>16k in savings
>no debt
>>
Just post your credit card number and I'll handle it
>>
whichever has a deal with your bank or offers the best promotion right now. it's not like they're fundamentally different in the service they provide.
>>
>>1657893

Depends, what do you want from your credit card? If you have savings you can probably manage your money, so you won't carry a balance, so either low / no annual fee and potentially a cash back deal, or do you say, travel overseas 3 months of the year? If so find one with free travel insurance & save dosh that way. Need to decide what you want from your CC, makes it easy.
>>
>>1657912
I just want to build credit and have a good score so it helps me in the future.

>>1657896
GOOD ONE

>>1657911
I have chase, and was going to look into an american express blue card. No annual fee and I ge points back on every purchase. I'm not down to get one of those cards that encourage you to spend 1-3k a month and you get xx amount back. That just encourages you to buy shit you don't need.
>>
>>1657893
I would recommend going with American Express to be honest. Some autists are going to hate on it because of the $95 annual fee but the annual fee offers you more leniency in terms of credit limits and acceptance. It's basically a pay-to-win type of situation.

AMEX Gold is a good place to start.
>>
>>1658107
So the 97 fee is useful I take it. What do you mean by pay-to-win?
>>
>>1658113
It's pay-to-win because AMEX is more forgiving when it comes to acceptance since users are paying the fee. My buddy couldn't get approved for Amazon's Chase credit card (he had no credit) but was able to get approved for the Amex Delta SkyMiles gold
>>
>>1657893
>Discover Card
Made $500+ back in rewards this year using it to pay bills.
>>
>>1657893
With my 0 credit history, 30k annual job, and $1.5k savings, got a Discover It card. Gas and Bills only, got ~$400 for free.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.