[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >be unemployed and looking for job >some pharmaceutical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1470498065864.jpg (242KB, 845x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1470498065864.jpg
242KB, 845x1036px
>be me
>be unemployed and looking for job
>some pharmaceutical company picks up the bait
>interview is done over IM
>tell me I'm doing data entry
>send me a check for $4k to buy accounting software
>deposit check, check clears
>tell me to withdraw 4k in cash and deposit into a vendor account at a different bank
>the check and the account are under different personal names neither of which are the company's

This is a money laundering scheme, isn't it?
>>
Since I think it is, is there any way of me getting in trouble if I just keep the money?
>>
>>1657836
>>1657861

yes

no

go to the police

The baddies have your information, so if you steal from them they can come after you. If you are turning the money into the police, they can't hurt you.
>>
>>1657836
>>1657861
you fucking idiot why would you even get involved you should have run away the second you heard
>oh we'll interview you over IM
you fucked with their money and now they're going to find you, kidnap you and cut your head off and you'll end up being on Liveleak for everyone to see and say "wow it sucks to be that guy"
>>
>>1657836
Isn't this the classic check trick? I think the bank makes the balance available before the check clears, but it will eventually bounce.

I don't think it's laundering, I think they're just trying to scam you.
>>
>>1657836
it's not a money laundering scheme.

the check they gave you will bounce after you've put money into their 'vendor' account. You'll wind up owing the 4 grand and they'll have your money.
>>
>>1657885

This
>>
>>1657885
This. The check hasn't actually cleared yet, your bank has just made the funds available (as a courtesy). Wait a week and then you'll see that the check will be kicked back as fraudulent
>>
u dun goofed m8
>>
So just wait a week and hopefully I won't die?
>>
>>1657836
it's a scam, you retard
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.