[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethereum vs WAVES vs Monero vs Bitcoin You have 1 second to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Ethereum.png (517KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Ethereum.png
517KB, 600x338px
Ethereum vs WAVES vs Monero vs Bitcoin
You have 1 second to tell me the difference.
>>
>>1657106
And the difference in ethereum, ethereum classic and all types of WAVES and Monero.
>>
>>1657106
unknown mess vs scam vs unknown drug money wannabe vs famous but deeply flawed digital currency
>>
The same as the difference between dog shit, bird shit, bear shit and human shit.
>>
Ethereum is more of a distributed computer than a currency
Waves is closed source irrelevant bullshit
Monero is a currency that focuses more on privacy than bitcoin
Bitcoin is the bread and butter of cryptocurrencies
>>
>>1657129
How is bitcoin deeply flawed?
srs question
>>
>>1657559
It's too slow, not as secure as it could be, price is too manipulated atm.
>>
>>1657559
for starters the public blockchain means zero privacy. everyone knows where you got your money from. everyone knows what you spend your money on. and that includes FBI, IRS, your competitor, your stalker, etc. and of course your transactions are recorded *forever* in an ever-growing world-spanning massive public database.

thanks, but no thanks.
>>
>>1657603
I thought people could only find out if you gave your name or something.
>>
>>1657604
sure, your btc wallet is not inherently linked to your person.

but whatever you spend your money on *is* linked to your person, either because you use it or because you have it shipped to your home address. it takes ONE transaction revealing your identity and your whole financial history is public.

it doesn't even have to be a leak, desu. you bought a new car and tell someone how much it cost you? how many people have spent x amount of btc on a specific date towards a specific car merchant? or: how many people other than you receive 1 monthly payment from your employer and make 1 monthly payment to your landlord? did you ever convert money into btc? then they could pin it on you from the bank transaction.

yes, a btc wallet does not have a name associated when you cerate it. but it's trivial to make the connection, even more so the more you use it and the more widely accepted btc becomes.
>>
>>1657625
The sender isn't recorded and the receiver can obscure their holdings by using a different address for each transaction.
>>
>>1657106
they're all dogshit except for ethereum

done
>>
>>1657633
alright, that's news to me and sounds like a step in the right direction.

but how would i know which of my customers has paid me if the sender is not recorded?

also, i was under the impression that the balance of your wallet is public info. so if the receiver, the time and the amount of a transaction is recorded - shouldn't it be easy to find which wallet lost that exact amount at that exact time?

and opening a new wallet for each transaction seems to just add another probably useless layer since you have to get the btc out of your temporary wallet (either to spend or to transfer). then i'd just be looking at the follow-up transaction to connect the dots.

also, we're talking about long-term perspectives. legitimate businesses don't change their bank accounts every weeks, it seems ridiculous they'd change wallets for every transactions. that sounds super shady and convoluted.

but maybe i've misjudged btc. i'm willing to learn and listen to you setting me straight.
>>
>>1657687
>alright, that's news to me and sounds like a step in the right direction.
It's always been like that. Bitcoin was designed with privacy in mind.

>but how would i know which of my customers has paid me if the sender is not recorded?
You hook it into a payment processing system, just like with a credit card. There's at least one that lets merchants choose whether they'd like to receive the BTC directly or have it converted to fiat at whatever the exchange rate happens to be at the moment of transaction.

>also, i was under the impression that the balance of your wallet is public info. so if the receiver, the time and the amount of a transaction is recorded - shouldn't it be easy to find which wallet lost that exact amount at that exact time?
If you knew which transactions to look at and saved the history of all the millions (or is it billions?) of wallets (mostly empty) at the resolution of about an hour, you might be able to do this. I doubt anyone will ever invest in the resources in this.

>and opening a new wallet for each transaction seems to just add another probably useless layer since you have to get the btc out of your temporary wallet (either to spend or to transfer). then i'd just be looking at the follow-up transaction to connect the dots.
You don't open a new wallet, you just generate a new private key and use the associated address.

>also, we're talking about long-term perspectives. legitimate businesses don't change their bank accounts every weeks, it seems ridiculous they'd change wallets for every transactions. that sounds super shady and convoluted.
See above. Your "bank account" stays the same; you just use a computer system to give a different routing number to each customer. There are tools to auto-generate addresses in bulk (thousands at a time).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.