[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad is reopening his real estate business he started back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1459205852252.jpg (52KB, 592x754px) Image search: [Google]
1459205852252.jpg
52KB, 592x754px
My dad is reopening his real estate business he started back in in 2001 and ended back when the market went to shit back in 2008.

He pretty much hired me as his "PR/Internet" guy which is pretty exciting desu but I really don't have a lot of experience as this is my first job.

I made him a Facebook page and he's all like "whoOoOoa my man you're so goOd with computers! Look at those fingers go!" but anyone on this website with parents knows how that feels. How else can I create exposure for my old man?
>>
brought a god damn tear to my eye
>>
>>1656234
What is he a landlord? Flipping homes? Leasing commercial real-estate?
>>
>>1656253
Broker.

He took me to one of his showings today actually.
>>
>>1656257
If your old man is a broker then he should have agents working under him that show people the firm's listed properties. Tell him to work smarter.

Protip: he also doesn't need a "PR/Internet" guy so you'll be aiding your father's failure with this business venture, congrats!
>>
>>1656234
Create a website (I don't suggest wordpress for that type of business, go with something like joomla; it's not hard, especially not if you buy a template and modules).

LEARN SEO (search engine optimization if you have no idea what it means) YOU FAGGOT THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, ALL YOUR SHITTY WEBPAGES AREN'T GOING TO BE WORTH SHIT UNLESS YOU LEARN SEO. GO ON BLACKHATWORLD AND START READING THREADS BUT DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID. (INSTALLING A SIMPLE SEO MODULE WILL NOT BE ENOUGH)

Make your webpage come up first when you google "your city + real estate/property/house/rent" (w/e your dad's business is) NOT JUST FIRST PAGE BUT FIRST WEBSITE. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP OF IT ALL AND WILL DRIVE CUSTOMERS TO YOUR WEBSITE.

Your website is the most important part of your business, not some shitty facebook page that should just be an extra to your webpage.

Make you dad proud you piece of shit.
>>
>>1656234
nepotism strikes again
>>
>>1656234
Get someone that does local SEO and don't tell your dad about it. Pay out of your own pocket. Look at it as an investment.
>>
>>1656234
Buy an actual domain and set up a real website. Tout your dad as the number one realtor in the area, you know, mission statement bs and stock images of happy couples in suburbs.
>>
>>1656234

I like your enthusiasm, but your business already has problems, and your Facebook page isn't the fix.

You need to know your audience. Anyone seriously paying attention to real estate, commercial or personal, isn't very likely to look for it on social media. There's no reason it can't be a complementary part of your business, but it's nothing more than an irrelevant time sink until you've already established some clout.

I'd listen to everyone about SEO, but it depends on your market. Are you in a small town? Can you actually end up listing and competing on big search sites? Or are you going to be lost in the shuffle with people that can do it bigger and better than you with more money?

The one positive thing about Facebook is that you can do some paid marketing and build some interest and targeting audiences off of a relatively low budget. At the end of the day, this is still marketing.

I hope that helped... even though it was depressing.
>>
>>1656264
>>1656652
This

Step 1) Have/build a website
Step 2) Learn or pay someone for SEO

What I would personally add in:

Step 3) Learn social media marketing. Buy software that lets you get a few hundred/few thousand social media accounts up and running. Use this traffic to funnel more business to your dad.

Step 4) If you have extra money in the budget play around with paid traffic sources like FB ads. Be sure to target people in your area of business. You can drill down further by specifying income level, age, gender, etc.
>>
>>1656665

Your step 3 is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Software that just gets you likes or traffic but doesn't convert into actual revenue is a complete fucking waste. Traffic doesn't equal sales unless you're big enough to warrant the interest, and it should still be based in some measurable data.
>>
File: 1475712885354.jpg (92KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
1475712885354.jpg
92KB, 870x722px
>>1656676
Cool beans.
>>
>>1656234

wut is dis i dont even...

is your father a broken or an agent? like holy shit, 1000 replies and no one even bothers to ask this.

the most important thing for your dad to do, or anyone in the /biz/ to do, is to get listings.

YOU LIST YOU LAST. GO GET SOME LISTINGS YOU IDIOT
>>
invest in some online marketing courses
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.